Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Anyone else surprised it took as long as it did for this drivel to start?  Claims that "Android 4.4.3 KitKat update Cancelled Due to 4.5 Lollipop?"  Popped up in Google Now, which seems to have just the absolute worst data it pulls from regarding Android.  I can't remember the last solid article I saw there that wasn't clickbait or completely unfounded rumors/making it up as they go.

http://www.android.gs/android-4-4-3-kitkat-update-for-google-nexus-4-nexus-5-nexus-7-nexus-10-cancelled-due-to-4-5-lollipop/

Seriously?! This is the last Android phone I will ever own if Google pulls this off.

Anyone else surprised it took as long as it did for this drivel to start?  Claims that "Android 4.4.3 KitKat update Cancelled Due to 4.5 Lollipop?"  Popped up in Google Now, which seems to have just the absolute worst data it pulls from regarding Android.  I can't remember the last solid article I saw there that wasn't clickbait or completely unfounded rumors/making it up as they go.

http://www.android.gs/android-4-4-3-kitkat-update-for-google-nexus-4-nexus-5-nexus-7-nexus-10-cancelled-due-to-4-5-lollipop/

I agree but... There would be some confusion if 4.4.3 went out and then very soon after 4.5 went out.

Sent from Nexus 5

Doubt what? That it will be his last Android phone, or that Google will skip 4.4.3?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That Google will skip 4.4.3 after having a version they were ready to push twice now.

Seriously?! This is the last Android phone I will ever own if Google pulls this off.

If it was a choice between getting 4.4.3 and then 4.5 a week later or them waiting for 4.5 and polishing it to make it an extra good, bug free release. Which would you prefer?

If it was a choice between getting 4.4.3 and then 4.5 a week later or them waiting for 4.5 and polishing it to make it an extra good, bug free release. Which would you prefer?

Make 4.4.3 work, then finish polishing 4.5.

I should clarify. I don't see Google releasing 4.5 the same week or just after WWDC. It's just not like Google to do something like that.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Google Now gave me a card about the Nexus 8 that lead me to a site that instantly tried to install an apk when the page loaded. I know a lot of people love Google Now, but I find it mostly useless outside of the weather. I had to turn off public transportation simply because there are about 20 options within a block of my office in downtown Chicago. Sure it gives me my favorite team scores but it consistently spams me with other teams despite selecting NO to seeing other teams about 5 times. The most ridiculous card comes from "things you researched." 

• Like 2

Make 4.4.3 work, then finish polishing 4.5.

I should clarify. I don't see Google releasing 4.5 the same week or just after WWDC. It's just not like Google to do something like that.

Probably because Google doesn't do anything related to WWDC.

Probably because Google doesn't do anything related to WWDC.

I think he meant I/O which is similar to Apple's WWDC.

I/O is exactly what I was talking about.

This screen shot gives the dates for this years I/O event.

e3e7uzuq.jpg

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

After "early 2014" passed I stopped searching for update news for the nexus 5. When it happens then it'll happen. I stopped enjoying the feeling of all these click bait websites. The next drop will drop and about 2-3 weeks after HTC will drop their version.

So I'm at home visiting family in Lexington, KY and it's a city fully bathed in b25 LTE. I was here in December (2013), rocking a single band gs4. I pulled fantastic LTE speeds all over town. I don't recall ever falling to 3g, in fact. This trip, I'm rocking my n5 with b26 enabled and can only maintain LTE for ten to twenty minutes at a time...just like I experience in Atlanta. Doing a simple airplane mode toggle instantly restores LTE...but, again, only for ten or twenty minutes. What gives?

So I'm at home visiting family in Lexington, KY and it's a city fully bathed in b25 LTE. I was here in December (2013), rocking a single band gs4. I pulled fantastic LTE speeds all over town. I don't recall ever falling to 3g, in fact. This trip, I'm rocking my n5 with b26 enabled and can only maintain LTE for ten to twenty minutes at a time...just like I experience in Atlanta. Doing a simple airplane mode toggle instantly restores LTE...but, again, only for ten or twenty minutes. What gives?

Disable B26 and see what happens.

Sent from my Nexus 5

4.4.3 is coming soon. Unless something drastic changed from last week, it's still on it's way. Anything that says otherwise is click bait.

Let's see how good the weather man's forecast is this time...

• Like 16

4.4.3 is coming soon. Unless something drastic changed from last week, it's still on it's way. Anything that says otherwise is click bait.

from what little info i know, it is NOT ready to be released.  whether or not it turns into a 4.5 release or whatever, i don't know, however i wouldn't bank on anything being released this week or next.  i hope i am wrong!

from what little info i know, it is NOT ready to be released. whether or not it turns into a 4.5 release or whatever, i don't know, however i wouldn't bank on anything being released this week or next. i hope i am wrong!

You're wrong =)

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 3

You're wrong =)

Sent from my Nexus 5

is there some super secret info or source that only staff members here are privy to or can us mere peons have some further details? :wacko:

• Like 1

I did and so far it's living on b25 fairly happily. What does this suggest?

I would say Band 26 hasn't been configured properly yet. Probably CSFB issues like STLman said, or donut mode issues. I've encountered a couple sites where B26 is is donut mode, but B25 works fine. Been pushing me back to 3G in my house where I've had LTE for months. Turning of B26 fixes it. In a few weeks, hopefully things will be fixed.

• Like 1