Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Looks like I'm flashing lol

...and receiving a citation for public indecency.

AJ

• Like 4

My N5 acted weird today. After breakfast I sat it on the counter. 4 hours later I picked it up and the display was black and the buttons didn't seem to do anything. I plugged in the USB cable and it showed up as a media device as normal but I still couldn't get it to reboot etc. I got it working using ADB to recovery then a normal boot. Had me worried for a awhile.

Sent from Nexus 5

My N5 acted weird today. After breakfast I sat it on the counter. 4 hours later I picked it up and the display was black and the buttons didn't seem to do anything. I plugged in the USB cable and it showed up as a media device as normal but I still couldn't get it to reboot etc. I got it working using ADB to recovery then a normal boot. Had me worried for a awhile.

Sent from Nexus 5

Mine has done that a few times. Even when using it the whole phone will freeze and reboot itself after so long. Not sure what the deal is.

Now the volume down wouldn't work till I did a reboot.

Sent from Nexus 5

Every once in a while the volume and power buttons stop working when I'm on a home screen. However if I go into an app, they start working. And then usually continue to work when I leave the app.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

I went from Minneapolis to Wausau tracking GCIs and only obtained one tower with B26 enabled. On the way back, legitimately, I am pretty sure almost every tower had B26. The only difference was that I installed the .15 radio on the way back, coming from .23

Sent from Nexus 5

Long pressing the power button will usually reset the device.

Okay i need to know how to flash the .15 radio. Never flashed a kernel or radio before

You must be rooted with a recovery installed, such as twrp:

-download flashify from the play store.

-download the radio zip files from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/development/modem-nexus-5-flashable-modems-efs-t2514095

-open flashify and select flash then zip file. Find the appropriate modem on your local storage, then just follow the prompts. It will boot into recovery, flash the modern, then boot as normal. The whole process takes about 1 minute.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 3

-download the radio zip files from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/development/modem-nexus-5-flashable-modems-efs-t2514095

-open flashify and select flash then zip file. Find the appropriate modem on your local storage, then just follow the prompts. It will boot into recovery, flash the modern, then boot as normal. The whole process takes about 1 minute.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Not necessarily rooted. Just unlocked.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Not necessarily rooted. Just unlocked.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I don't think you even need to be unlocked or have a custom recovery if you have the image file and flash it using the command line in fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Which one is the right one to zip?

Sent from my Nexus 5

At the Tampa zoo. No band 25 or 41 but band 26 is everywhere and so is 1*800

It is almost like the past week or so they turned off Band 25 and just left on Band 26. It's harder to get band 41 also because of Band 26. Sometimes i have to toggle to get band 41. They are probably tuning and aiming band 26 towers. I am not complaining though compared to this time last year.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Interesting. T-Mobile has a better signal than sprint regardless of band 26. Also band 26 speeds are no more than 3.5 Mbps and T-Mobile is 11-17 mbps. Verizon must have xlte because its 40-50mbps

Interesting. T-Mobile has a better signal than sprint regardless of band 26. Also band 26 speeds are no more than 3.5 Mbps and T-Mobile is 11-17 mbps. Verizon must have xlte because its 40-50mbps

Comes down to site proximity and bandwidth in the end. Both T-Mobile and Verizon have a lot more spectrum to throw at a single carrier there.

I guess it shows how bad Sprint needs to get band 41 on these towers and get more low band spectrum

Comes down to site proximity and bandwidth in the end. Both T-Mobile and Verizon have a lot more spectrum to throw at a single carrier there.

It looks like the sites are a decent distance away from the zoo. Does T-Mobile have a closer site? 

Band 26 is an optimization phase. Is being optimized here. And most new sightings. What dBm are you seeing 3.5?

I was around 98-107 dBm most of the time. Had band 26 alot even at the trunpike about 20 miles south of my house. I has to be closing in on my city soon.

Band 26 is an optimization phase. Is being optimized here. And most new sightings. What dBm are you seeing 3.5?

• Like 1

I was around 98-107 dBm most of the time. Had band 26 alot even at the trunpike about 20 miles south of my house. I has to be closing in on my city soon.

Yeah one thing I noticed is speeds drop off significantly around 100-110 here.

That they do but i had a 55dbm signal on b26 and still only managed 6 down. Its like they only have half of the backhaul running or something.

Yeah one thing I noticed is speeds drop off significantly around 100-110 here.