Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I would say Band 26 hasn't been configured properly yet. Probably CSFB issues like STLman said, or donut mode issues. I've encountered a couple sites where B26 is is donut mode, but B25 works fine. Been pushing me back to 3G in my house where I've had LTE for months. Turning of B26 fixes it. In a few weeks, hopefully things will be fixed.

Cool. And I spoke to soon. Keeps kicking me to 3g even with b26 disabled and full LTE available.

Cool. And I spoke to soon. Keeps kicking me to 3g even with b26 disabled and full LTE available.

sounds like donut mode site. A ping session while doing an airplane toggle may keep the connection. Or run a ping session on another site and get handed off

So I'm at home visiting family in Lexington, KY and it's a city fully bathed in b25 LTE. I was here in December (2013), rocking a single band gs4. I pulled fantastic LTE speeds all over town. I don't recall ever falling to 3g, in fact. This trip, I'm rocking my n5 with b26 enabled and can only maintain LTE for ten to twenty minutes at a time...just like I experience in Atlanta. Doing a simple airplane mode toggle instantly restores LTE...but, again, only for ten or twenty minutes. What gives?

My G2 never had any issues staying connected last week when I was in Lexington, and I had B26 almost the entire time. CSFB seemed to be working as well, I tried several calls into my phone and all came through and went back to B26.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

So I plugged my n5 In to charge over 12 hours ago. I wake up and its barely over 50%...I don't see any of the common camera processes that cause battery drain and the only things on in the background were signal check and a few alarms. Which I have had going every single night since I've had my phone. This was with the charger and cable provided with my phone by the way. Anyone have an idea as to what this could be and how I could fix it? Normally this phone charges super fast...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So I plugged my n5 In to charge over 12 hours ago. I wake up and its barely over 50%...I don't see any of the common camera processes that cause battery drain and the only things on in the background were signal check and a few alarms. Which I have had going every single night since I've had my phone. This was with the charger and cable provided with my phone by the way. Anyone have an idea as to what this could be and how I could fix it? Normally this phone charges super fast...

I popped in here to report some recent crazy battery usage myself. Normally if I don't put my N5 on the charger when I go to bed, it doesn't affect the battery too much.. lately it's using 50% or more. Charging is taking quite awhile, and if I run any app that keeps the screen on while driving (SignalCheck, Waze, Google Maps, etc), it drains staggeringly quickly. This morning I used Tapatalk for 10 minutes and lost 15% battery. All of these examples were in strong signal areas, with WiFi off.

After that latest issue this morning, I plugged it in, restarted it, and let it charge up to 100%. It's been off charger for an hour and has lost 7% without any usage or screen on time. That's a lot.

I use GSam Battery Monitor, and "Kernel (Android OS)", "Android System", and "Google Services" have typically been the top 3; I'm wondering if there was a recent Google Services update (I know Google Play Services was recently updated on the developer end) that has a glitch. That would make the most sense, since those are pushed out silently and I know I haven't changed anything else.

-Mike

shrunk down for Sanity's sake.

-Mike

They haven't been very high usage for me, non of the known issues have. That's why I'm so confused...

I/O is exactly what I was talking about.

This screen shot gives the dates for this years I/O event.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Obviously I knew that if I was having fun with you about it. I just had to raz someone named MacinJosh for getting it mixed up. 

Obviously I knew that if I was having fun with you about it. I just had to raz someone named MacinJosh for getting it mixed up.

I keep an eye on Android more than you think. My name is MacinJosh because of my love for Macs.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

is there some super secret info or source that only staff members here are privy to or can us mere peons have some further details? :wacko:

Nope. I'm not privy to it either. I don't know to what he is referring.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Nope. I'm not privy to it either. I don't know to what he is referring.

I know where he gets his info...

1092109-Clipart-Moodie-Character-Holding

AJ

• Like 2

I thought it was more like this

That reminds me of a great Saturday Night Live sketch with John Goodman called "The Referee Pittman Show:"

Audience Member #3: Yeah, uh, hi, great show. I saw the last game, and I just want to know, do you find it helpful to keep your head up your rear end? I mean, why during the game? It seems that during the game you want to have your head, you know, out and in the open air so you can see the plays. I mean, is it comfortable, or is it for the warmth, or what?

AJ

• Like 1

My G2 never had any issues staying connected last week when I was in Lexington, and I had B26 almost the entire time. CSFB seemed to be working as well, I tried several calls into my phone and all came through and went back to B26.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

That's very weird because with b26 enabled my nexus 5 never connected to it, not even once! I turned off band 26 and it does keep band 25 better than before but it still randomly and without apparent cause falls back to 3g. I airplane mode toggle and it's back on band 25. But why should I have to constantly toggle to keep LTE which is otherwise all around me?

IToday when I went to winter park in the Orlando area. I had b41 the entire trip. Went north on s goldenrod rd. Then west on university then north on s semoran blvd then back south past semoran all with b41.

I have the .15 radio flashed.

I thought it was more like this

7ezaja5e.jpg

Upon closer examination, that appears to be a cow, not a donkey.  Plus, he may not own it.  So, we cannot definitively say that he has his head up his ass.

AJ

• Like 1

Upon closer examination, that appears to be a cow, not a donkey. Plus, he may not own it. So, we cannot definitively say that he has his head up his ass.

AJ

I was going for "pulling it out of his ass" but that's a good alternative.

IToday when I went to winter park in the Orlando area. I had b41 the entire trip. Went north on s goldenrod rd. Then west on university then north on s semoran blvd then back south past semoran all with b41.

I have the .15 radio flashed.

on the .23 radio, only picking up band 25 in the area right now

on the .23 radio, only picking up band 25 in the area right now

I haven't had any issues using .15 its actually always on LTE except inside my gfs house its down to 3g

But that doesn't matter as I'm on WiFi.

So much better than Miami even tho they have great b25 coverage but I don't seem to pick up a lot of b41

Great update! As a reminder, even if you don't have a Nexus 5, you can still download this camera to an Android phone.

• Like 1