Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I will say, that at first, QPST did not list any ports let alone the port my Nexus was connected on. If that is the case, dont worry. Simply click Add port to add it manually and then once you do that it will show up and you can continue on with the steps just the same.

If you have the Franco kernel loaded you don't have to do that boot from kernel step.

• Like 1

I'm stock

Yeah, you are stock, and I am bond.

AJ

• Like 2

This is where I can't get it to work. Also you failed to tell me I had to be rooted. I rooted my device, got su then when I get here and type step 8 my device under nexus 5 disappears from my computer. I have to restart my phone to get it back. QPST does not see my Nexus 5

8.  Type: setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
Note: You will not see any activity on the command prompt or phone after this step, but you should hear a should from your computer, if your volume is on, to signify that your computer is installing the diag drivers.

9. Open QPST Configuration

10. You should see that there are a couple active ports in QPST.  Highlight the one that has some number under the phone tab and has USB for the link.

11. In the menu bar: Start Client > Service Programming

12. Select your phone with your phone number and hit okay.

13. Go to the Roam tab and select "Read from phone".  You will then have to enter your MSL number.

14. In the Roam tab, look in the Preferred Roaming section and browse for your .prl file.  Select it and then click "Write to Phone"

15. Don't freak out... You should have gotten an error stating that your phone returned a permanent error and you will now notice that your phone does not have a signal.  Close out of QPST- don't save any changes. 

16. Type: adb reboot

17.  When your phone reboots check in the Settings>About>Status page to be sure that your PRL took.  Enjoy!

This is where I can't get it to work. Also you failed to tell me I had to be rooted. I rooted my device, got su then when I get here and type step 8 my device under nexus 5 disappears from my computer. I have to restart my phone to get it back. QPST does not see my Nexus 5

Note: You will not see any activity on the command prompt or phone after this step, but you should hear a should from your computer, if your volume is on, to signify that your computer is installing the diag drivers.

10. You should see that there are a couple active ports in QPST.  Highlight the one that has some number under the phone tab and has USB for the link.

13. Go to the Roam tab and select "Read from phone".  You will then have to enter your MSL number.

14. In the Roam tab, look in the Preferred Roaming section and browse for your .prl file.  Select it and then click "Write to Phone"

15. Don't freak out... You should have gotten an error stating that your phone returned a permanent error and you will now notice that your phone does not have a signal.  Close out of QPST- don't save any changes. 

17.  When your phone reboots check in the Settings>About>Status page to be sure that your PRL took.  Enjoy!

Just a little addition: When I finally got flashing the PRLs to work, I did about 3 or 4 that I would have ever wanted to use and did a TWRP backup of only the EFS partition.  You can just simply restore this partition and go back to whatever PRL was there.  Saves you the hassle of having to go through all these steps again.

I know for me I had to click write to phone and go thru the errors around 5 times before sticking.

I have 1x800 and LTE but now evdo does not work at all. Help

Do you have evdo when you set it to evdo only?

Yes

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I know when I messed with PRL,s it had a weird tendency to stick on 1x for data. Usually airplane toggles fixed it. But I rarely see evdo anymore because we have full LTE completion. But even if I set it to 3g/1x mode, I haven't had any issues in awhile. Try doing a profile update? I know I've had issues with airwaves and itll get stuck looking for it and every time I did a profile update away from home it usually fixed my issue.

The first thing i did was airplane mode and second,was,a profile update lol. Its still not connecting. Even rebooted the device.

I know when I messed with PRL,s it had a weird tendency to stick on 1x for data. Usually airplane toggles fixed it. But I rarely see evdo anymore because we have full LTE completion. But even if I set it to 3g/1x mode, I haven't had any issues in awhile. Try doing a profile update? I know I've had issues with airwaves and itll get stuck looking for it and every time I did a profile update away from home it usually fixed my issue.

I have 1x800 and LTE but now evdo does not work at all. Help

Try reflashing the PRL. I'm assuming you are using 512 or 513? Also, EVDO is working fine on another Sprint device in the same area?

Works fine on the G2. It was 513 that I want.

Try reflashing the PRL. I'm assuming you are using 512 or 513? Also, EVDO is working fine on another Sprint device in the same area?

Everything is good now. Reflashed the prl. Thanks for your help man. I am in your debt.

Everything is good now. Reflashed the prl. Thanks for your help man. I am in your debt.

Glad I could help.  I am actually noticing that on 513 my phone doesn't seem to want to find EVDO either.  I'm going to reflash it or go back to 512.

Glad I could help.  I am actually noticing that on 513 my phone doesn't seem to want to find EVDO either.  I'm going to reflash it or go back to 512.

Could it be possible the 513 PRL is searching for non existent evdo channels? So that's why it has trouble?

Could it be possible the 513 PRL is searching for non existent evdo channels? So that's why it has trouble?

Not sure. When I went downstairs and connected to my nearest 1x1900 site it also connected to EVDO just fine.

Yeah looks to be an issue just when connecting to 1x800. Not sure why though.

I am thinking it could be market dependent, if that is even possible. I live in a Samsung market with the 513 PRL flashed, and I have never had an issue connecting to eHRPD or EVDO. If I am not on LTE, which is rare nowadays, I am always on 1x800 and eHRPD.

Like I said my g2 works fine with that prl so its not a market.

I am thinking it could be market dependent, if that is even possible. I live in a Samsung market with the 513 PRL flashed, and I have never had an issue connecting to eHRPD or EVDO. If I am not on LTE, which is rare nowadays, I am always on 1x800 and eHRPD.