Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I'm back on the Nexus 5 after a month on the G2. Have to say I prefer the Nexus 5, especially now that I figured out how to flash the .15 radio. I don't have to do any PRL tricks or whatever to pick up all 3 bands AND I rarely ever lose LTE now. It's pretty awesome, especially now that I'm not holding out on that Spark update as much as I was prior to flashing .15

...at the cost of 2 megapixels. I prefer my photos to be as high quality as possible, format be damned. :P

Maximum resolution of 16:9 photos is 6MP.

• Like 1

I was having issues on keeping an LTE connection near the Ritz Carlton. Was looking at properties near by. Kept dropping to 3g but LTE was good once I forced it. First time I had to do it. I'm being spoiled. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Why do we keep having to force LTE to get it where it should pick it up just fine? Just definitely curious as I'd prefer this not be the case forever with this phone.

In some areas it's due to eCSFB problems with new LTE bands. In your case, I don't know. From other people's reports in Lexington, your phone should work fine. It almost sounds like you managed to get two defective devices. Which although highly unlikely, isn't impossible. 

Have you tried flashing a different radio?

In some areas it's due to CSFB problems with new LTE bands. In your case, I don't know. From other people's reports in Lexington, your phone should work fine. It almost sounds like you managed to get two defective devices. Which although highly unlikely, isn't impossible. 

Have you tried flashing a different radio?

Well I've had 7 defective galaxy s4's so not unheard of lol

Good lord, this thread has become a Premier sausage fest.  Did you guys scare off everyone else?

AJ

• Like 3

What kind of defect did you get seven times lol?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SIm card slot kept failing, plus charging port failures, on top of 2 phones had faulty antenna's. I would only get service in the store with a repeater, or at home with an airave. 

SIm card slot kept failing, plus charging port failures, on top of 2 phones had faulty antenna's. I would only get service in the store with a repeater, or at home with an airave. 

I guess that makes you this guy...

AJ

• Like 3

In Atlanta, it's almost certainly eCSFB; I was having the same issue with band 26 enabled on I-285. If it was "donut mode," you probably wouldn't be able to hold the connection between towers in LTE-only mode.

Now if you've flashed .15 and you're still dropping to 1X/EVDO, then I don't know what the problem is. And since .15 is unsupported, nobody's going to try to fix it. (Heck, band 26 is unsupported on any released radio. There's a reason it's not enabled by default...)

In theory, if it's affecting everyone with tri-band devices, Sprint's automatic network monitoring should catch the falloff in LTE traffic and kick Ericsson to investigate and fix eCSFB on those band 26 sites. Or you could always tweet @sprintcare.

If I don't have Spark / 4.4.3 on Monday, I'm calling for Dkoellerwx's head!

Just take his big toe.  He makes his living using his pretty face.

Robert

• Like 4

In theory, if it's affecting everyone with tri-band devices, Sprint's automatic network monitoring should catch the falloff in LTE traffic and kick Ericsson to investigate and fix eCSFB on those band 26 sites. Or you could always tweet @sprintcare.

Unfortunately no.  A member watched a Ericsson truck roll to the site, LTE was working on B25, Ericsson enabled B26 with no CSFB.  His phone dropped to EVDO.  Ericsson did a quick drive test and hit the road.  Leaving it broken for a while for B26 CSFB users.  The reason being is they test with EVO LTE's and aircards and call it a day. 

And I'll take the last sentence of your message as a joke ;)  or maybe the whole thing next time.

I never named a specific day.

But you mentioned a timeframe, and s4gru n5 owners are pulling out their finest pitchforks and torches. :)

Sent from my HTC One M8

• Like 2