Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

That they do but i had a 55dbm signal on b26 and still only managed 6 down. Its like they only have half of the backhaul running or something.

There could have been other people on band 26, also.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That was a 55dbm. It was 1mbps basically at 100 dbm or higher

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

I experienced that from some new B26 sites that weren't eCSFB enabled. Coincidentally, once it had eCSFB the same sites would have blazing 30mbps speeds. Might be something in the initial configuration affecting it...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I wish that was the case but the G2 also was on band 26 so eCSFB had to be good to go.

I experienced that from some new B26 sites that weren't eCSFB enabled. Coincidentally, once it had eCSFB the same sites would have blazing 30mbps speeds. Might be something in the initial configuration affecting it...

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Finally realized today how bad the .23 radio is for picking up B26. Until today, I have never once (according to SignalCheck logs) picked up B26 on my N5. Flashed the .15 radio and have been hitting sites all over Colorado Springs on B26. Since a lot of you have said you've been able to pick up B26 and even B41 occasionally with the .23 radio, it makes me think there are implementation differences between markets which impact the way the N5 picks up other bands. Anyone else experienced anything similar? Or am I just that unlucky?

Finally realized today how bad the .23 radio is for picking up B26. Until today, I have never once (according to SignalCheck logs) picked up B26 on my N5. Flashed the .15 radio and have been hitting sites all over Colorado Springs on B26. Since a lot of you have said you've been able to pick up B26 and even B41 occasionally with the .23 radio, it makes me think there are implementation differences between markets which impact the way the N5 picks up other bands. Anyone else experienced anything similar? Or am I just that unlucky?

Did the B26 sites have eCSFB? My guess would be that they did not and that's why you found them with .15 and not with .23.

It's possible to get Band 26 on the .23 radio, but I've never gotten it to work. I only get Band 26 on the .15 radio. I think your experience is pretty common.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Did the B26 sites have eCSFB? My guess would be that they did and that's why you found them with .15 and not with .23.

Colorado Springs has had B26 for months. It's Samsung market, so CSFB is implemented quickly as well (for the most part, seem to have problems in California). I think this can be attributed to the quirks associated with the N5.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Colorado Springs has had B26 for months. It's Samsung market, so CSFB is implemented quickly as well. I think this can be attributed to the quirks associated with the N5.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Any different on .17?

Colorado Springs has had B26 for months. It's Samsung market, so CSFB is implemented quickly as well. I think this can be attributed to the quirks associated with the N5.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yep. Had no issues with CSFB while on B26 so I'm inclined to think the N5 is the culprit. Hopefully 4.4.3 (or whatever version it ends up being) rolls out soon and clears thus all up once and for all!

I'm in new Orleans and I get b26 all over with the 23 radio. And a prl update always gets it scanning for b26 if I need to give it a jump start.

• Like 2

I'm in new Orleans and I get b26 all over with the 23 radio. And a prl update always gets it scanning for b26 if I need to give it a jump start.

Wonder if Ericson is the common factor here.

Same for me in East Texas on one site that has B25 and B26 since early April. If you do not have B26 do a PRL Update and it will search for B26.

After a reboot do a PRL Update again.

• Like 1

Same for me in East Texas on one site that has B25 and B26 since early April. If you do not have B26 do a PRL Update and it will search for B26.

After a reboot do a PRL Update again.

If I don't do a PRL Update my phone never connects to B26.

My phone is not modified in any way.

Any different on .17?

Never gotten Band 26 on .17. Though I haven't used it a lot. I will try next time I'm in Kansas City.

No, it will not be any different on .17 in Kansas City.  I was the first to document a band 26 carrier with my spectrum analyzer, but I had never made an actual band 26 acquisition until today.  I finally decided to try the .15 modem zip this morning.  Voila!  For the last six months on .17, I had no band 26.  But on .15, I had immediate band 26.  And that continued to be prevalent as I made my rounds in Lawrence and the Kansas City metro today.

AJ

• Like 4

It looks like the sites are a decent distance away from the zoo. Does T-Mobile have a closer site? 

No sure

Well, you need to be sure.

The cliche in real estate is "location, location, location."  The same basically applies in wireless.  Location, location, location means proximity, proximity, proximity.  Hypothetically, if Sprint had a site every half mile, it would destroy VZW and AT&T in coverage -- no matter how much low frequency spectrum the duopoly held.

Along those same lines, consider wireless history.  Tampa is an original Aerial PCS A/B block market.  I will not bore you with the details, but Aerial -- one of T-Mobile's primary ancestors -- was able to enter the markets of Columbus, Houston, and Tampa (but not Kansas City, Minneapolis, and Pittsburgh) about 2-3 years prior to Sprint.  T-Mobile may function better in those markets where its predecessors had a jump start, as it could grab site locations and market share to get the ball rolling.

Anyhow, I am glad that you finally found your natural home at the zoo.  Are you housed in the chimpanzee cage or the hyena enclosure?

AJ

No hyenas there from what I seen. You should go see my new movie dawn of the planet of the apes.

Well, you need to be sure.

The cliche in real estate is "location, location, location." The same basically applies in wireless. Location, location, location means proximity, proximity, proximity. Hypothetically, if Sprint had a site every half mile, it would destroy VZW and AT&T in coverage -- no matter how much low frequency spectrum the duopoly held.

Along those same lines, consider wireless history. Tampa is an original Aerial PCS A/B block market. I will not bore you with the details, but Aerial -- one of T-Mobile's primary ancestors -- was able to enter the markets of Columbus, Houston, and Tampa (but not Kansas City, Minneapolis, and Pittsburgh) about 2-3 years prior to Sprint. T-Mobile may function better in those markets where its predecessors had a jump start, as it could grab site locations and market share to get the ball rolling.

Anyhow, I am glad that you finally found your natural home at the zoo. Are you housed in the chimpanzee cage or the hyena enclosure?

AJ