How to Spot Sprint Antennas and RRUs (Samsung)

lilotimz

Samsung Network Vision equipment are highly distinct and fairly easy to spot compared to the equipment that other vendors are deploying. Sprint is Samsung's first extremely massive American contract (baring Clearwire) so there  should be no issues in confusing these equipment for another carrier which happens often with Ericsson NV equipment.

29xvoti.jpg

Below are images of Samsung equipment which includes antennas, remote radio units, base stations, and their mounting configurations. 

Samsung antenna with eSMR 800 RRU & PCS 1900 RRU

nZunJlB.jpg

A close look at a Samsung setup

rG4vVwN.jpg

33bn52q.jpg

2vtcvur.jpg

HGeoN9E.jpg

ktS383B.jpg

Next Generation Samsung Configuration
RRH-P4 4T4R 1.9 GHz  | RRH-C4 4T4R 800 MHz| RRH-V3 2.5 GHz

njp2aqd.jpg

Next Generation 8 Port Dual Band Antenna Setup 

4 port 800 MHz RRH-C4 800

h89XSSG.jpg
(source: dkyeager)

6dxwn8R.jpg
(source: dkyeager)

Narrow beam setup

qfIrz6M.jpg

High Capacity Site with 2 Antennas & 3 RRUs (2x PCS & 1x SMR).

Second antenna is PCS only for now.

KI8dYOc.jpg

GFngnth.png

Canadian IBEZ (NO SMR)

img_canadamap.jpg

Special Case PCS Only Setup for Canadian IBEZ

20130228_140437_zps96fbfddd.jpg

ReLxvxL.jpg

97y1865.jpg

iUmlpf2.jpg

Close up of standard antenna connectors 

RxiOcF2.jpg

Samsung Cabinets

wRmIoq5.jpg

Powerpoint slides from Samsung / Sprint

*disclaimer - all  powerpoint diagrams and images were found through public municipality online databases and is by no means misappropriated through malicious means*

*Credit goes to those whom took pictures of these equipment. You know who you are*

• Like 19

If you go to the members forum and look under the minnesota NV section, I posted a ton of pics of up close samsung equipment when they were doing the tower by my house. They built it on the ground before putting it on the tower. If you's like to, feel free to use any of those images. It's even 800mhz ready so it looks a little different.

If you go to the members forum and look under the minnesota NV section, I posted a ton of pics of up close samsung equipment when they were doing the tower by my house. They built it on the ground before putting it on the tower. If you's like to, feel free to use any of those images. It's even 800mhz ready so it looks a little different.

I'll keep that in mind. Using mostly images from michigan and the in progress threads.

Im in  a samsung market here in Utah. Can you explain the antenna you circled in green? It would help me in my hunting? And thanks for this thread it is great info and very clear images!

Thanks

BJsOl7O.jpg

Im in  a samsung market here in Utah. Can you explain the antenna you circled in green? It would help me in my hunting? And thanks for this thread it is great info and very clear images!

Thanks.

Legacy panels 

Im in a samsung market here in Utah. Can you explain the antenna you circled in green? It would help me in my hunting? And thanks for this thread it is great info and very clear images!

Thanks

The green circled panels are legacy PCS panels. Sprint has used dozen of different legacy panels over the years. They can look like anything, really.

Robert from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sprint is not samsungs first us deployment. . Clearwire has lots of samsung gear deployed. .

*edited to refer to the fact it's the first major deployment for any of the big 4.

Hmm...Clearwire was not a major deployment? I'll be damned.

Well massive for Clearwire, I would agree. Massive in terms of what's been going on with the big 4... not really in my opinion but I will edit to provide additional clarity.

Hmm...Clearwire was not a major deployment? I'll be damned.

Clearwire doesn't count.  Everyone knows that.  Just like everyone knows mules have great senses of humor!  Get back to that hotel bar!!!

Robert

• Like 1

how do i get the player window  to post?

It will embed automatically.  However, I don't think it liked your extra code at the end to skip to a certain scene.

Robert

• Like 2