Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I had to disable VoLTE in west Michigan.  When my phone was consistently connecting to the MB in my house, it was great.  However, I haven't connected to it in three weeks that I've seen.  I wish I could figure out why, other devices connect fine.

The call quality was too choppy on the macro network or roaming on TMobile.  Too many calls that had to be hung up and started over to get a flowing data session.

9 hours ago, jefbal99 said:

I had to disable VoLTE in west Michigan.  When my phone was consistently connecting to the MB in my house, it was great.  However, I haven't connected to it in three weeks that I've seen.  I wish I could figure out why, other devices connect fine.

The call quality was too choppy on the macro network or roaming on TMobile.  Too many calls that had to be hung up and started over to get a flowing data session.

Same. I want to see this ironed out. Very disappointing. I hope the new TMobile works their magic on this because data wise band 41 is awesome. I would go so far as to say it even over delivers (especially indoors it goes much farther than people had imagined). I think Sprint's network is fantastic most places I go - a stark difference from early 2012 when I couldn't even watch a you tube video on useless 3G at 150 kbps. 

Let's get this fixed, guys. 

Sprint is now offering 5G access across all of its unlimited service plans. That's a change from when Sprint first launched 5G last year; the service was restricted to its most expensive unlimited plan at that time.

How about that...

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Sprint is now offering 5G access across all of its unlimited service plans. That's a change from when Sprint first launched 5G last year; the service was restricted to its most expensive unlimited plan at that time.

How about that...

I wonder if it will include the Kickstart plan.

2 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

I wonder if it will include the Kickstart plan.

That’s a good question.

Legacy plans such as Unlimited Freedom and Everything Data Share are also eligible for 5G.

On 2/13/2020 at 1:40 PM, jefbal99 said:

VoLTE works while you're roaming on T-Mobile?

10 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

They are trying to divide us by plans tiers now. Speed rating is coming soon, it has already made it's way to AT&T business plans. 

One of the reasons Sprint is in its current predicament is that not enough “free year” or kickstart customers upgraded to higher tiers of service. Instead they churned out In droves, which cost Sprint a lot of money over the years.

You can’t offer everything at each service plan level. Not offering 5G on the cheapest service plan is simply plan differentiation.

2 hours ago, JimBob said:

I have 3 Sprint lines on "Unlimited Plan v2" and would like more than 500MB of mobile hotspot data.

T-Mobile's basic "Magenta" plan provides 3GB of mobile hotspot data.

I have ultimate on both my lines and have 100gb of hotspot

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimBob said:

Sprint stock price now above $9 for the first time in years.

https://seekingalpha.com/symbol/S

How does that compare to the announced merger ratio?

Looks like VoLTE comes to Detroit 2/24.     Just received a Sprint Text Message saying your device will receive a software update to enable VoLTE and disable Calling Plus permanently.       T Mobile related or Sprint actually getting network ready for transition?      Seems VoLTE around here is about 1-2 years late.   Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

Looks like VoLTE comes to Detroit 2/24.     Just received a Sprint Text Message saying your device will receive a software update to enable VoLTE and disable Calling Plus permanently.       T Mobile related or Sprint actually getting network ready for transition?      Seems VoLTE around here is about 1-2 years late.   Thoughts?

Been on volte since last year on my V50, sprint hardware update related

I don't believe VoLTE was available everywhere.      Are you in Virginia?      Is it worth using VoLTE?  What is the benefit?    

Edited by dro1984

50 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

I don't believe VoLTE was available everywhere.      Are you in Virginia?      Is it worth using VoLTE?  What is the benefit?    

The benefit is you can be on the phone and using data with true QOS unlike Calling Plus. I personally love it cause you can't MMS without it unless using WiFi Calling or the shitty Calling Plus. 

1 hour ago, dro1984 said:

Yes I'm in Virginia', and it's a normal function of the phone, having volte, wifi-calling and regular cell calls, hear no difference

It's definitely worth using in my opinion. Call quality is quite a bit better than 1x. I've had issues with robo garble and congested 1x for at least 6-7 years now. It was so bad I quit using my Sprint number and uses Google Voice VoIP instead, since every other word was cutting out. VoLTE lets me actually use my Sprint number again.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

OpenSignal tested every carrier's 5G network and determined that Sprint had the fastest average combined 4G/5G speeds out of the big 4. 

Taking into account both time on 5G and average download speeds, out of the five consumer 5G services tested, only Sprint exceeded the 100 Mbps threshold in average combined 4G/5G download speed tests. Despite offering slower average 5G download speeds than mmWave, Sprint’s mid-band 5G had a much greater impact on our combined download speed — which averaged 109.8 Mbps — because we were able to connect to 5G almost half of the time.

https://www.opensignal.com/2020/02/20/how-att-sprint-t-mobile-and-verizon-differ-in-their-early-5g-approach

• Like 9
  • Love 1