Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I wonder if these will be activated as T-Mobile phones and have absolutely no access to the Sprint network?
I would imagine for existing Sprint customers, they will access both networks like they've done for other devices.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, greenbastard said:

I wonder if these will be activated as T-Mobile phones and have absolutely no access to the Sprint network?

I thought about this, and it would make sense to have these default to T-Mobile as home first then roam on Sprint when necessary. This coincides nicely with T-Mobile's announcement of adding another million Sprint users to T-Mobile's network as default. 

• Like 1

Well I picked up the S20 ultra 5G from sprint store, my V50 wouldn't sign on to 5G as of last week, but was on tmobile bands. The S20 ultra primarily using tmobile frequencies, 2,4,12,66,71 so far. 

If they do the Sprint versions of the Oneplus 8 and LV60 like they did with the Samsung S20, then yes it would be great for Sprint users. Currently the T-Mobile versions still haven't gotten the switch turned on to use Sprints 5G. I would just close my T-Mobile account and get the Sprint version of the V60, but $899 is stopping me. 

Edit: The one Plus 8 5G is nice at $699.99 but I already had the OnePlus 7T Pro Mclaren and it didn't impress me as much as the V60. 

5 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Thank you!  I could not find it before because the filter selection for 5G phones is not working correctly.

Unless I am failing again, I unfortunately cannot find these phones sold anywhere outside the Sprint website. :(

I have usually bought my Sprint phones through Best Buy.

Also, T-Mobile is giving a 50% off promotion for OnePlus 8 but not Sprint? :( 

11 minutes ago, JonnygATL said:

I'm kinda wondering the same thing. And marketing this on Sprint's website as a 5G phone makes no sense as Sprint's 5G network no longer exists. Am I missing something?

Those devices will default to TMobile (which of course means N71/N41 for 5G)at home first then roam on Sprint where Tmobile isn't available.

Thank you!  I could not find it before because the filter selection for 5G phones is not working correctly.

Unless I am failing again, I unfortunately cannot find these phones sold anywhere outside the Sprint website. [emoji20]

I have usually bought my Sprint phones through Best Buy.

Also, T-Mobile is giving a 50% off promotion for OnePlus 8 but not Sprint? [emoji20] 

I don't know if you are still waiting, but the OnePlus is showing 50% off on Sprint's site now. I ordered one this morning for in store pickup. Edit: well lease payment is 50% off, full price is still $699.

22 hours ago, Grabber5.0 said:

I don't know if you are still waiting, but the OnePlus is showing 50% off on Sprint's site now. I ordered one this morning for in store pickup. Edit: well lease payment is 50% off, full price is still $699.

The promotion looks like it is only for a new line of service, not to upgrade an existing line. :( 

The promotion looks like it is only for a new line of service, not to upgrade an existing line. [emoji20] 

Yes, but it appears to be the same as T-Mobile's offer. At least that's what I see on their site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Folks, wondering if you could weigh in on the following.  I'm still rocking a 4 year old S7 and I'm on an Unlimited Freedom plan from 2017 w/ 2 lines for $100/month ($60 1st line + $40 2nd line) that includes HD streaming.  My account is still on Sprint.  I'm thinking of changing my phone to a Pixel 4a (the 2nd line phone is an iPhone 7 which would remain).  I'm thinking of buying it unlocked from Best Buy online and activating it with Sprint during the checkout process.  My question is, will my existing plan be able to remain intact, or will be I forced onto a current Sprint plan?  The HD streaming is important to me and a current plan with HD steaming would raise the monthly fee to $120/month.  I'm hoping that since it would be an unlocked "bring your own device" that the plan would not change.  Also, how is it that Best Buy can provide a $50 discount on the phone for "activating today"? (and not relevant to me, but the discount is $100 for "activating today" for a new line)  In addition, if I wait until the Pixel 4a 5G comes out, would that phone upgrade purchase force me onto a current plan (since 5G access would be required)?

Hi Folks, wondering if you could weigh in on the following.  I'm still rocking a 4 year old S7 and I'm on an Unlimited Freedom plan from 2017 w/ 2 lines for $100/month ($60 1st line + $40 2nd line) that includes HD streaming.  My account is still on Sprint.  I'm thinking of changing my phone to a Pixel 4a (the 2nd line phone is an iPhone 7 which would remain).  I'm thinking of buying it unlocked from Best Buy online and activating it with Sprint during the checkout process.  My question is, will my existing plan be able to remain intact, or will be I forced onto a current Sprint plan?  The HD streaming is important to me and a current plan with HD steaming would raise the monthly fee to $120/month.  I'm hoping that since it would be an unlocked "bring your own device" that the plan would not change.  Also, how is it that Best Buy can provide a $50 discount on the phone for "activating today"? (and not relevant to me, but the discount is $100 for "activating today" for a new line)  In addition, if I wait until the Pixel 4a 5G comes out, would that phone upgrade purchase force me onto a current plan (since 5G access would be required)?
If you activate it at the time of purchase, I think you get charged an activation fee ($35 I believe), which may go to best buy. Hence the discount. If you buy it without activating and just swap it on, there is no activation fee. Neither of them will affect your plan.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, ingenium said:

If you activate it at the time of purchase, I think you get charged an activation fee ($35 I believe), which may go to best buy. Hence the discount. If you buy it without activating and just swap it on, there is no activation fee. Neither of them will affect your plan.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info!  I may actually wait for the 4a 5G since I can keep my plan.  I do remember the activation fee being around $35 although currently Best Buy's website indicates $20, not bad considering a $50 discount.  I'll bet Best Buy gets some type of kickback or monthly bonus from Sprint for all the activations they perform for both new lines and upgrades.  I read somewhere that legacy T-Mobile stopped selling phones through Best Buy and other big box retailers years ago to cut cost. 

• 5 months later...

Meanwhile, here's what's happening at TIDAL:

Jack posted a whole thread about this.

Here's some background: https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/4/22313108/square-inc-tidal-majority-stake-jack-dorsey-jay-z

(Note: Sprint invested $200 Million for 33% of the Company back in 2017.)

Between the 800 MHz rebanding finally being done, and TIDAL now getting new ownership by Jack's company "Square", we live in interesting times.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 11:13 AM, RedSpark said:

Meanwhile, here's what's happening at TIDAL:

Jack posted a whole thread about this.

Here's some background: https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/4/22313108/square-inc-tidal-majority-stake-jack-dorsey-jay-z

(Note: Sprint invested $200 Million for 33% of the Company back in 2017.)

Between the 800 MHz rebanding finally being done, and TIDAL now getting new ownership by Jack's company "Square", we live in interesting times.

So I don't know if you know this but last month tmobile quietly sold its 33% of tidal back to the company. Tmobile wants nothing to do with Tidal.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2021 at 5:06 PM, Terrell352 said:

So I don't know if you know this but last month tmobile quietly sold its 33% of tidal back to the company. Tmobile wants nothing to do with Tidal.

Oh wow. I didn't actually know that. They really kept that under the radar.

On 3/19/2021 at 4:06 PM, Terrell352 said:

Oh wow! I missed that news too! I'd say the free Tidal for Sprint subs is not long for this world then.