Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

1 minute ago, Terrell352 said:

A ton basically most 2018 and 2019 flagship devices. But almost none of them save for LG have it enabled out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pixel 2? Pixel 3? Pixel 4?

Do you have to rig it or will it work out of the box?

Does it work in all Samsung markets?

Nope you have to turn on all CA bands using your MSL. It doesn’t work out of the box. I don’t know if it’s active in all Samsung markets but Samsung has the most deployed. Ericsson markets not a trace yet.

43 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

S9, S10, Note 9, Note 10, all 5G phones, LG G7, G8, G8X, V40, V50 iPhone XS, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro

I don't see any Pixel phones on this list, including the new 4??

45 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

It's enabled on iPhones and has been for a while. We have had interband CA for probably a little over two months now in Seattle. 

Do we have any estimates on when this will be fully rolled out? Also is this downlink only or downlink and uplink?

Edited by Brad The Beast

1 hour ago, Terrell352 said:

I'm sure the Pixel 4 can do it I just forgot. I haven't been a fan of the pixel from a network prospective.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

How do I get 100% Pixel 4 XL confirmation before I go out and purchase one?

2 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

I can go check at my Sprint store tomorrow if you want.

Are you able to confirm and compare with actual speedtests with other handsets that support it such as the Note 10, etc?

Are you able to confirm and compare with actual speedtests with other handsets that support it such as the Note 10, etc?

I’m back in Florida which is a Ericsson market so it’s not here to compare.

1 minute ago, Terrell352 said:

I’m back in Florida which is a Ericsson market so it’s not here to compare.

gotcha ok thanks!

would at least like to know if the capability is there and that it's possible to enable...

I'm sure the Pixel 4 can do it I just forgot. I haven't been a fan of the pixel from a network prospective.

If I remember correctly it's also possible on the Pixel 3. Not sure about the 2. Pixels don't have a CA combos screen like Samsung (and maybe LG) phones. The only way to confirm to my knowledge is with NSG when it's active. Google disables the diagnostic port so you can't use Qualcomm tools to pull the CA combos directly from the modem.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, ingenium said:

If I remember correctly it's also possible on the Pixel 3. Not sure about the 2. Pixels don't have a CA combos screen like Samsung (and maybe LG) phones. The only way to confirm to my knowledge is with NSG when it's active. Google disables the diagnostic port so you can't use Qualcomm tools to pull the CA combos directly from the modem.

Wouldn't carrier aggregation be listed in the specs somewhere and for which bands?

Wouldn't carrier aggregation be listed in the specs somewhere and for which bands?
Not that I've been able to find. Specs only seem to list what bands it can use. Since it has the RF front end for each of those bands, and since the SOC supports that CA combo, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

The only thing is that Pixels are limited in the number of simultaneous streams (due to the RF front end), which doesn't really matter for Sprint because while they're using 4x4 MIMO, they aren't actually utilizing all the streams, at least in Samsung markets. You only see rank 1 or rank 2. Not 3 or 4. Rank 3 or 4 is required for the additional throughput on 4x4 MIMO.

This is a easy one the Pixel 2 CANNOT use interband ca on Sprint. Any device using the snapdragon 835 or lower cannot do it. The Pixel 2 can only do b25+b25 CA and b41x3 CA. Same goes for the Note 8, and S8 all which have the snapdragon 835.

1 hour ago, Terrell352 said:

This is a easy one the Pixel 2 CANNOT use interband ca on Sprint. Any device using the snapdragon 835 or lower cannot do it. The Pixel 2 can only do b25+b25 CA and b41x3 CA. Same goes for the Note 8, and S8 all which have the snapdragon 835.

Thanks. Let me know what you find out on the 4 XL when you have time.

On 12/14/2019 at 1:10 PM, though said:

Thanks. Let me know what you find out on the 4 XL when you have time.

I have a Pixel 4 XL in a Samsung market and I haven't noticed this yet.  We don't have a menu to select the CA combinations in the dialer menu, just CA on or off.

I'll try to check the debug when I see B26 connections.

• Like 1

I need someone to explain this to me because I am thoroughly confused. At my apartment, my devices love sitting on unusable band 26 (-80 RSRP, <200Kbps) when there is good band 25 available (-85 to -90 RSRP, 15-35Mbps). Why does this happen? Both my iPad and phone do it. I've submitted hundreds of reports in the mySprint app, I've had tickets put in and it's still happening. 

1 hour ago, Brad The Beast said:

I need someone to explain this to me because I am thoroughly confused. At my apartment, my devices love sitting on unusable band 26 (-80 RSRP, <200Kbps) when there is good band 25 available (-85 to -90 RSRP, 15-35Mbps). Why does this happen? Both my iPad and phone do it. I've submitted hundreds of reports in the mySprint app, I've had tickets put in and it's still happening. 

Carriers will often park an idle connection on a low band so it will show a higher signal for customer confidence and improved standby battery life, but then will switch to a better performing mid band or high band when a meaningful data session occurs.  Does it actually stay there if you start using it?  What happens if you cycle airplane mode and then start using it?

'Robert

• Like 1