Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

22 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

Carriers will often park an idle connection on a low band so it will show a higher signal for customer confidence and improved standby battery life, but then will switch to a better performing mid band or high band when a meaningful data session occurs.  Does it actually stay there if you start using it?  What happens if you cycle airplane mode and then start using it?

'Robert

It just flips back and forth constantly. One minute it's on 25 and then it decides to drop to 26 and stop working.

1 hour ago, Brad The Beast said:

It just flips back and forth constantly. One minute it's on 25 and then it decides to drop to 26 and stop working.

What type of phone?  Do other phones in your location do it too?  I seem to remember there were certain iPhones that had a preference to stay on Band 26 and not let go, regardless of what the network was telling it to do.

Robert

13 hours ago, S4GRU said:

What type of phone?  Do other phones in your location do it too?  I seem to remember there were certain iPhones that had a preference to stay on Band 26 and not let go, regardless of what the network was telling it to do.

Robert

It was my iPhone XS that has since been moved to VZW. My iPad Pro 11" is still on Sprint and does the same thing. 

Im guessing most likely an iPhone field test bug, but here goes. iPhone XR, shows primary B26 and secondary B41. Phoenix metro (not sure which vendor this market is). Seems like even if it were possible speeds are too high. About 1000 yards from a Sprint Store that probably had a magic box and about 1/2 mile from the macro. Wish I had an Android for stuff like this.
7980c450589faf73a430976104276454.jpg9f3dab1a533049c579bda6f932d17aac.jpg092f5bc9336266af6410a5afd8339f21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, jasonsteele said:

Im guessing most likely an iPhone field test bug, but here goes. iPhone XR, shows primary B26 and secondary B41. Phoenix metro (not sure which vendor this market is). Seems like even if it were possible speeds are too high. About 1000 yards from a Sprint Store that probably had a magic box and about 1/2 mile from the macro. Wish I had an Android for stuff like this.
7980c450589faf73a430976104276454.jpg9f3dab1a533049c579bda6f932d17aac.jpg092f5bc9336266af6410a5afd8339f21.jpg

I would not rule out b26+b41 if the phone supprts it, especially if the b41 is a higher qam etc.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jasonsteele said:

4x4 L2500 at 256 QAM can provide ~280 mbps DL per carrier. Aggregate that with 3x3 L800 and I would be unsurprised by your speeds. 

Also, interband CA is enabled in Phoenix. 

• Like 4

On 12/24/2019 at 2:55 PM, RAvirani said:

Also, interband CA is enabled in Phoenix. 

Apologies - I misspoke. Interband CA is not officially live in Phoenix yet, although it very well may be in testing. 

1 hour ago, though said:

How about Omaha/Council Bluffs/Lincoln?

I do not believe it is officially live in those areas yet. 

I do not believe it is officially live in those areas yet. 

I’ll bet they’re testing, because I’m puzzled as to why I would have B41 as secondary and B26 as primary if they weren’t testing. Shouldn’t it be the other way around? Maybe because B26 upload was stronger? Pardon me for my lack of knowledge...

1 hour ago, jasonsteele said:

I’ll bet they’re testing, because I’m puzzled as to why I would have B41 as secondary and B26 as primary if they weren’t testing. Shouldn’t it be the other way around? Maybe because B26 upload was stronger? Pardon me for my lack of knowledge...

Makes sense to have B26 as primary carrier since upload transmission from handset to tower is much weaker over B41, yet this preserves B41 download advantage.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jasonsteele said:

The B25/26+B41 aggregation that we have seen so far has had the B25 or B26 carrier as the primary carrier since there is often more upload capacity available on those bands. Especially where B25 has a 10x10 (or better) channel. 

• Like 4

The B25/26+B41 aggregation that we have seen so far has had the B25 or B26 carrier as the primary carrier since there is often more upload capacity available on those bands. Especially where B25 has a 10x10 (or better) channel. 

I’ve got 10x10 B25 aggregating with 5x5 B25 as well. Looks like Phoenix is live with multiple configurations.
5be197ab9497874b45b1bd35a8390bfb.pngc60c3c0ae5eb01f394065652fc6a7c8e.png9c3b56714be0d172ddf3c87e5665124d.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nowerlater said:
Cincinnati Market is live with Fdd Tdd CA

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Try checking the Samsung service mode I bet it's all 3 B41 with B25

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Try checking the Samsung service mode I bet it's all 3 B41 with B25

Refresh me on checking service mode? I forgot how to get to it lol!

Refresh me on checking service mode? I forgot how to get to it lol!

*#0011#

22 hours ago, jasonsteele said:

I’ve got 10x10 B25 aggregating with 5x5 B25 as well. Looks like Phoenix is live with multiple configurations.

B25+25 (of varying channel widths) has been live for quite some time. I want to say coming up on 2 years soon. At least a year and a half.

• Like 1

B25+25 (of varying channel widths) has been live for quite some time. I want to say coming up on 2 years soon. At least a year and a half.

Thanks for the info, I’ve been on AT&T for 3 years and just switched back to Sprint. Service has improved in Phoenix from 3 years ago, the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

• Like 7

If this were true, wouldn't the Virgin Website indicate so or re-direct you to Boost Mobile?   Virgin website is up and running...   Brad... you're posting links from Reddit site again.   This is not the most reputable.     I'm leary of what I read on Reddit.    

Again... there is nothing in the news-feed anywhere about this or on the company's website.   

Edited by dro1984

6 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

If this were true, wouldn't the Virgin Website indicate so or re-direct you to Boost Mobile?

Not necessarily. 

6 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

Brad... you're posting links to Reddit site again.   This is not the most reputable.

Multiple people reporting the same thing. It's oddly specific as well.