Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

17 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

OpenSignal tested every carrier's 5G network and determined that Sprint had the fastest average combined 4G/5G speeds out of the big 4. 

https://www.opensignal.com/2020/02/20/how-att-sprint-t-mobile-and-verizon-differ-in-their-early-5g-approach

I read the article, and I believe this shows the power of 2.5 when it comes to deployment of 4G/5G. When I am on 2.5 4G LTE, I consistently am between 75 to 140 MBs. That is already really good. If it was more widely deployed in Albuquerque, I am positive they would be speed kings.

I am excited where Tmo could take this. I am a little jealous that I am in Albuquerque and not in a bigger city. Who knows. Tmo might have a plan in the next 18 to 24 months to push Massive Mimo on a lot of towers.

2 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

I wonder if they need a permit.

I think I found permits.

The City of Albuquerque website is hard to search but best to do by address of tower. This is a tower close to me. I know Tmo already put up 600 and 700 prior. This is what I just found. I included picture of google maps.

Edit: the vendor noted is not one Sprint has used in the past. The tower only has Tmo (top) and Sprint (second).

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

They are installing new RRHs according to the screenshots. Who is the vendor?

There are two permits for this site. First one says, remove and replace antennas. The second one is installing new RRH's and hybrid cables.

The first does not have a vendor but second is Infinigy. I looked them up. They are a telecommunications company out of NY.

They are a project management company. They do have one product https://www.infinigy.com/products. My opinion is that they are the program management company in charge of antenna replacement and RHH install. I don't know if this is an effort associated with the merger yet.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 8:34 PM, bigsnake49 said:

They are a project management company. They do have one product https://www.infinigy.com/products. My opinion is that they are the program management company in charge of antenna replacement and RHH install. I don't know if this is an effort associated with the merger yet.

Intriguing.  Their CEO's bio is full of Sprint.  Hmmmm

I have a question, if I am on the extended LTE network (so the one treated as unlimited coverage), am I still allowed use of my mobile hotspot? I am in NexTech territory for a week and was curious is that was allowed.

18 hours ago, bretton88 said:

I have a question, if I am on the extended LTE network (so the one treated as unlimited coverage), am I still allowed use of my mobile hotspot? I am in NexTech territory for a week and was curious is that was allowed.

Nex-Tech is a roaming alliance partner of Sprint and in alot of the area they use Sprint Licenses. Great company.

20 hours ago, bretton88 said:

Yes. It should be tested like native usage. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

Some important information. Glad to see this.

For our customers:

• Today, Sprint signed FCC Chairman Ajit Pai’s Keep Americans Connected Pledge. For the next 60 days, we will support our residential and small business customers by:
    • Not terminating service if they are unable to pay their Sprint bill because of the coronavirus, and
    • Waiving late fees incurred because of economic circumstances related to the pandemic.
  • Starting on Tuesday, customers with international long distance calling plans will receive complimentary international calling rates from the U.S. to countries defined by the CDC as Level 3.
  • By next Thursday:
    • Customers with metered data plans will receive unlimited data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
    • We will provide customers with an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
  • Coming soon:
    • Customers with mobile hotspot-capable handsets who don’t have mobile hotspot today will now get 20GB as well per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Brad The Beast said:

Can the unlimited tablet plan roam on AT&T? Reason I ask is my iPad Pro will happily roam on T-Mobile and US Cellular, but it won't roam on AT&T. It just says no service. 

Yes it should be able to if ATT roaming is available in the area, I've had a tablet roam on ATT before but that was nearly a year ago.

2 minutes ago, Yuhfhrh said:

Yes it should be able to if ATT roaming is available in the area, I've had a tablet roam on ATT before but that was nearly a year ago.

My AT&T line on my phone had service so I wonder what the deal is. 

15 hours ago, Brad The Beast said:

So iPhones are now starting to show AT&T instead of "Extended" when roaming on AT&T. Anyone have any info on this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/fmtqi4/my_phone_switched_to_att_while_roaming_i_thought/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

The "Extended" alpha tag comes from the PRL Sprint loads onto phones. Note that PRLs are only necessary (or relevant) for CDMA connectivity.

On most all devices, the carrier name displayed is the voice carrier. Previously, Sprint only roamed on 1x for voice. Accordingly, whether using Sprint or a roaming partner for voice, the PRL always dictated that the alpha tag should read "Sprint" or "Extended" (or "Roaming" a very long time ago when on an international CDMA network). With the recent switch to WCDMA/HSPA voice roaming (which is the default now), the PRL is no longer in play, and the alpha tag reads what the roaming network dictates. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

The "Extended" alpha tag comes from the PRL Sprint loads onto phones. Note that PRLs are only necessary (or relevant) for CDMA connectivity.

On most all devices, the carrier name displayed is the voice carrier. Previously, Sprint only roamed on 1x for voice. Accordingly, whether using Sprint or a roaming partner for voice, the PRL always dictated that the alpha tag should read "Sprint" or "Extended" (or "Roaming" a very long time ago when on an international CDMA network). With the recent switch to WCDMA/HSPA voice roaming (which is the default now), the PRL is no longer in play, and the alpha tag reads what the roaming network dictates. 

Interesting. Things I learned. Thanks!