Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

4 hours ago, Trip said:

Yesterday I got an "Update complete" notice and now I note my G8X seems to be preferring the T-Mobile network, or at least, I haven't been able to convince it through toggling Airplane Mode to switch back to Sprint so far.  I wanted to try toggling VoLTE but it's now grayed out and forced on.  Anyone else having similar behavior?

- Trip

Welcome to T-Mobile Trip. I hope the ride is smooth.  Sorry to say that REDDIT is full of people that are not satisfied as they have a very rough road to ride on.  Of course, it is REDDIT and many users are not technically savvy or have any idea of what is happening. 

• Like 1

I've been looking for someone else to notice this.. all summer, the Sprint B41 GCI's in my area have been slowly transitioning to new 000xxxxx ones that don't seem to correlate to anything. B25/B26 hasn't changed at all. Do we know if this is a temporary "work in progress" sort of thing, or permanent?
Has B41 been moved to the B25/26 GCI in your area? In Samsung markets at least they've all on the same GCI now. So this would make sense if your market was still separate.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chamb said:

Welcome to T-Mobile Trip. I hope the ride is smooth.  Sorry to say that REDDIT is full of people that are not satisfied as they have a very rough road to ride on.  Of course, it is REDDIT and many users are not technically savvy or have any idea of what is happening. 

I am not terribly familiar with Reddit but I looked just now and didn't see any similar issues in the past few days so maybe it's just me? 

I happened to be making my way down to the sticks today, and the service was as poor as I expected it to be on T-Mobile.  So along the way I tried to do SCRTN while "roaming" on Shentel (seriously, with the R and everything), and then when that didn't work, I went to a Sprint store and they swapped my SIM.  When it first came on, it connected to Band 25, but once the network configuration ended, it kicked me right back over to T-Mobile. 

I'm trying to figure out how to get myself in touch with some advanced technical support type person to get it sorted out. 

- Trip

• Like 2

I just noticed my phone is not connecting to my magic box. Went to field test mode and saw my phone is bouncing between B66 and B2. My phone does still show Sprint at the top and I don't see anything about the addon to my services enabling the use of T-MO's network

IMG_2580.PNG

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 16.17.16.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trip said:

I am not terribly familiar with Reddit but I looked just now and didn't see any similar issues in the past few days so maybe it's just me? 

I happened to be making my way down to the sticks today, and the service was as poor as I expected it to be on T-Mobile.  So along the way I tried to do SCRTN while "roaming" on Shentel (seriously, with the R and everything), and then when that didn't work, I went to a Sprint store and they swapped my SIM.  When it first came on, it connected to Band 25, but once the network configuration ended, it kicked me right back over to T-Mobile. 

I'm trying to figure out how to get myself in touch with some advanced technical support type person to get it sorted out. 

- Trip

Sounds like you may have joined the ranks of the S20, A71, V60 and others that were pushed over to T-Mobile with a network profile update. No idea if there is anyway to roll it back. Didn't hear that the 8x was on it's way over to T-Mobile, so that's a little surprising.

• Like 2

I don't know what's happened in the last couple of weeks out in Utah... But they have all but broke things... Calls are having issues, data is back to crap like 5 years ago (for tmo) and today as I looked at things (behave daughter couldn't get ahold of my wife, but she could call me, weird). Anyway, VOLTE?  NOPE back to 1x.. also notice the speed test and signal strength.. I was hitting around 300 I believe 2 months ago when I got my s20s ultra...  They have muffed something up big time.

Oh and a reference speed check results. Photo to.

Screenshot_20200924-181750_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200924-181755_SignalCheck Pro.jpg

• Like 1

I think ROAMAHOME got added to my line this morning because I have only been able to connect to T-Mobile all day. I've restarted my phone multiple times and toggled airplane mode to no avail. I also don't seem to be able to roam on Sprint LTE where T-Mobile is unavailable.

I've dropped 5 calls so far and counting :(.

• Like 3

I think ROAMAHOME got added to my line this morning because I have only been able to connect to T-Mobile all day. I've restarted my phone multiple times and toggled airplane mode to no avail. I also don't seem to be able to roam on Sprint LTE where T-Mobile is unavailable. I've dropped 5 calls so far and counting [emoji20].  

Ugh. All 6 of my lines are still connected to Sprint service thank God, hopefully they'll keep it as is for me until the very end. I'm on Sprint for a reason, if I wanted to be on T-Mobile I would have switched long ago. I loathe AT&T (not because of their service or coverage, but in general) and never considered Verizon. But I guess whatever will be, will be. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk 

EDIT: Wow, I spoke too soon. This morning some kind of update was pushed to all of my lines, I cannot connect to to Sprint LTE anymore, only T-Mobile. When it was pushed SignalCheck stated the network as IPSEC for about two minutes before it went back to Sprint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RAvirani said:

I think ROAMAHOME got added to my line this morning because I have only been able to connect to T-Mobile all day. 

As a T-Mobile user, I've been able to connect to Sprint and use VoLTE. But that only lasts for a few minutes (at most) before I'm shoved back to T-Mobile.

It seems that if you have ROAMAHOME, then your line is now being like every T-Mobile line in that you will be shoved into the T-Mobile network as much as possible.

Edited by greenbastard
  • Like 1

Seeing the discussion above about ROAMAHOME, I looked into what it is and decided that it was very much like what I was experiencing.  So I went on chat this morning and asked to have it removed from my account.  I was first told that couldn't be done, so I just asked that if s/he couldn't authorize it, to please escalate me to a manager to authorize it.  I was redirected to Tech Support chat, and she took some time to review the chat, then I got the profile update screen, and now I can disable VoLTE again, which is VERY promising.  I'm currently in US Cellular roaming area, and will see if I'm back on Sprint when I get into town this morning.

- Trip

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Trip said:

Seeing the discussion above about ROAMAHOME, I looked into what it is and decided that it was very much like what I was experiencing.  So I went on chat this morning and asked to have it removed from my account.  I was first told that couldn't be done, so I just asked that if s/he couldn't authorize it, to please escalate me to a manager to authorize it.  I was redirected to Tech Support chat, and she took some time to review the chat, then I got the profile update screen, and now I can disable VoLTE again, which is VERY promising.  I'm currently in US Cellular roaming area, and will see if I'm back on Sprint when I get into town this morning.

- Trip

where in my account do I go to see? I have only been able to see T-MO bands since yesterday and I went looking around and don't see it mentioned anywhere

24 minutes ago, cyclone said:

where in my account do I go to see? I have only been able to see T-MO bands since yesterday and I went looking around and don't see it mentioned anywhere

It's not visible to the end user, you have to call or chat with support to get them to check.  There's been some talk that Neville Ray (T-Mobile CTO) was aiming for the end of this month for "network integration" to be substantially complete, so I think folks are going to start seeing this more and more over the next few days...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trip said:

Confirmed, I'm back to Sprint-primary behavior.

- Trip

Good to know. I couldn't figure out why my phone was acting so sluggish until I checked SCP only to discover my Galaxy Note 10+ is now stuck on band 66. No, thank you. I get 130 mbps down using 3xCA on band 41 with Sprint here in my apartment.  I'll be turning off all TMO bands on this phone immediately.  

• Like 2

I didn't see the option under LTE editing to turn off tmo bands one by my one so I completely disabled LTE roaming and now I, too, am thankfully back on my extremely robust and fast Sprint band 41 signal. I don't know how long this workaround will work, however. I'm guessing not through the holidays as that spectrum gets rapidly refarmed.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnygATL said:

I didn't see the option under LTE editing to turn off tmo bands one by my one so I completely disabled LTE roaming and now I, too, am thankfully back on my extremely robust and fast Sprint band 41 signal. I don't know how long this workaround will work, however. I'm guessing not through the holidays as that spectrum gets rapidly refarmed.  

Use Samsung Band Selection for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trip said:

Confirmed, I'm back to Sprint-primary behavior.

- Trip

Any sense as to who they are picking or why? Just wondering how many of us have this to look forward to. T-Mobile doesn't have the density or deployed spectrum to handle that here. Sprint still greatly outperforms on the sites that have B41. 

• Like 2

I've been seeing my phone switch back and forth between T-Mobile and Sprint fairly regularly here in Kentucky for the last day or so. Also seeing each others neighbors showing up in SCP.d6d5ffe98b89cf4cc70a4b6bd4504784.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, though said:

Just wanted to chime in and say that my Pixel 4 XL RARELY connects to any T-Mobile towers in the Omaha/Lincoln/Council Bluffs market. Extremely rare.

We found what I believe to be the first B/N41 antenna installed at Burke High School today!

• Like 1