Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

Ever since the August 1st Sprint/TMobile transition I have had poor service with my three HTC 5G Hubs.  They were always on 4G LTE b41 (the towers never made it to 5G).   My three units go through my load-balancing router, with fault-tolerant roll-over, in an attempt to keep at least one of them up.  This is my only internet connection since I live in "the country".  Sigh...  2 miles outside of city limits.  No cable.  No DSL.    Yes, I'm in one of the FCC Auction 904 zones.

The problem that I had was that the units would have 3-5 bars on the units, but some would have internet connectivity and some would not.  If I power cycle one of the units, then it starts working again.  Then stops minutes/hours later.  Since my sons are doing school through Zoom, the Internet must work so it was a constant game of reset-reset-reset throughout the day to keep at least one of the three boxes up.

I was finally able to get in touch with Maxim in the sprint Devices center:

Maxim H.: Thank you so much. I really appreciate your time. Rest, be assured that you will never have this issue again on any of the devices phone lines. I bet. 👍

I have refresh the services with OMDMA. It has to do with the technical side for data services.

Now, you will never have any data or internet connectivity issue.

I've never heard of OMDMA; I had pressed him but didn't get any more details.  Googling didn't uncover anything either.   But everything has worked fine for awhile now and I'm getting the same speeds (10-30 of Mbps) that I was getting on July 31 before the Sprint/TMobile transition.

Scott

• Like 1

I came across my first Sprint/T-Mobile combined site today. You can take a look here here:

https://imgur.com/a/J3y0xN9

You can see the T-Mobile quadband 8-port Commscope panel (for 600/700/1900/2100), the T-Mobile massive MIMO Nokia panel (for 2500), the Sprint dualband 8-port RFS panel (for 800/1900) and the Sprint Commscope 8T8R (for 2500). 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RAvirani said:

I came across my first Sprint/T-Mobile combined site today. You can take a look here here:

You can see the T-Mobile quadband 8-port Commscope panel (for 600/700/1900/2100), the T-Mobile massive MIMO Nokia panel (for 2500), the Sprint dualband 8-port RFS panel (for 800/1900) and the Sprint Commscope 8T8R (for 2500). 

So what is live on each for 2.5?

On 10/3/2020 at 11:25 AM, Paynefanbro said:

Looks like if you turn off the 5G layer on T-Mobile's coverage map, it shows you n41 coverage.

https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/coverage-map 

Nice.  I'll have o take a drive a few miles down the road from work to check out some B41 on T-Mobile! I didn't realize it was there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Where is this at??

11 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

So what is live on each for 2.5?

The 8T8R has 3 L2500 carriers (live at EARFCNs 41094, 41292 and 41490). The Nokia massive MIMO panel has 3 L2500 carriers (live at EARFCNs 39874, 40072, 40270), and NR is sitting in the middle. 

28 minutes ago, Rickie546 said:

Where is this at??

Redmond, WA. 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2020 at 2:40 PM, floorguy said:

go look in the phones section here... I posted a few things I have stumbled across... There is a problem.. as to how many phones... meh thats the question...  As to issues outside that.. I dunno.. But go look in the sammy section of phones here, I put so lins to go read..   

On 10/2/2020 at 2:43 PM, jreuschl said:

Try setting your network mode from Automatic to LTE/CDMA.  This even fixed my S10, non 5G issues I commented on earlier in the thread.

Discussion there.

So the internet went out in my area and has been out all day. I been using my Note 20 Ultra as a hot spot for my Macbook and IPTV. 
My speeds start to decrease as I believe Sprint/Tmobile is throttling me. I play around with my hotspot settings and come across an option to change the Band to 5Ghz. The moment I change it, my 5G reception comes back. WTF?
Somehow the software update I guess changed that setting. 
All is well now. 

20201005-200308.jpg

Edited by javon23
  • Like 1

Billing question for you.

I have three lines on Framily. Two of the lines have the unlimited data add-on; the third line has the base 1 GB allotment. However, when viewing usage on the My Sprint website, all 3 lines show usage out of Unlimited.

Has anyone else seen this? Was there any announcement about converting limited data plans to unlimited? Nothing has changed on the bill.

I'm curious if I could just drop the $15 unlimited data add-on from the other 2 lines but actually still keep unlimited. 

5 hours ago, JWMaloney said:

Billing question for you.

I have three lines on Framily. Two of the lines have the unlimited data add-on; the third line has the base 1 GB allotment. However, when viewing usage on the My Sprint website, all 3 lines show usage out of Unlimited.

Has anyone else seen this? Was there any announcement about converting limited data plans to unlimited? Nothing has changed on the bill.

I'm curious if I could just drop the $15 unlimited data add-on from the other 2 lines but actually still keep unlimited. 

My friend is on the same plan on her 2 lines, and they are both still showing unlimited data since the pandemic started.

14 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

The map is no longer granular when zooming in. That was an easy way to see if a new tower went up or if one was serviced by T-Mobile.

Wow, that's really disappointing.

At least the no roam map hasn't changed (for now).  If you click on a spot, you can see the bands and signal strength.  N41 has never been showing on here however.

https://maps.t-mobile.com/pcc.html?map=mvno-noroam-34l

T-Mobile just demo'd NR-NR CA on the LG Velvet...there's a benefit to their variant using the Dimensity 1000 vs. a Snapdragon, which doesn't support NR-NR CA.

Nice thing about this advancement is now the limiting factor for 2.5 coverage will basically be how far the 2.5 downlink signal can go, vs. how far a mid-band uplink can go...and there's definitely a difference there because a base station is more powerful than a phone.

In the press release T-Mobile focused on higher download speeds (increased by 20% over n41 alone) and better coverage, but maybe we'll get an upload capacity improvement here as well, particularly in markets that don't have 20 MHz LTE channels to bond to. Guessing top-line upload speeds won't change much though, unless TMo can get n71 online at 20 MHz in some market.

• Like 1

I went into NYC this weekend and every time I lost data service (subway), the only way to get it back was to airplane mode cycle.

Not sure if this is a "feature" of the transition.

I was also in Phlly and had zero usable service at 30th Street Station, which is a major transport hub.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jreuschl said:

Supposedly the T-Mobile Network Experience is available nationwide now at stores.  Anyone jumping primary networks?

It’s available in Gainesville, fl. I’m going by after work. 

3 hours ago, jreuschl said:

Supposedly the T-Mobile Network Experience is available nationwide now at stores.  Anyone jumping primary networks?

I'm curious what this means for the iPhone 12 announcement coming up next week:

5 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Given that they're all supposed to be 5G devices, I would not be surprised if they were homed to T-Mobile by default if the user's plan and area are eligible for the T-Mobile Network Experience.  It's an easy opportunity for T-Mo to migrate customers without requiring another interaction later.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

T-Mobile is not about to put the newest Apple flagship 5G devices on a network that does not have 5G.  No way they allow these to use the Sprint network as their home network where they would be stuck on LTE and almost never see a 5G icon.

• Like 3