Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

3 hours ago, gr8nuguy said:

what i am interested in is if they fill in any parts of the hole that is nebraska on their coverage. 

In their presentations that they made when arguing for their merger with Sprint, they often showed that they do have plans for covering Nebraska natively with lowband 5G and especially with n41. No one knows if they'll follow through or when that'll happen though. They just plan for it to happen by 2024.

mBA7CCE.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paynefanbro said:

In their presentations that they made when arguing for their merger with Sprint, they often showed that they do have plans for covering Nebraska natively with lowband 5G and especially with n41. No one knows if they'll follow through or when that'll happen though. They just plan for it to happen by 2024.

mBA7CCE.png

Last I heard that is still the plan.

The seemingly overkill n41 coverage is due to the fact they own almost no other spectrum in the area. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

mBA7CCE.png

Finally start to see some Nebraska Sprint keep sites coming on in Hastings.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, iansltx said:

Will be interesting to see what network enhancements happen in the mean time. Guessing the next one is an official announcement of NR CA, with a coverage bump from that for mid-band (might be enough to get them to 225MM with the existing network). Then n25 this summer, which will free up some NR CA capacity from n71. Oh, and VoNR.

December 4th is coming up, making it 2 years since they launched nationwide 5G on n71. With them reaching 200M covered with n41 early, I think they plan on having NR CA and VoNR launch happen then.

14 hours ago, T-MoblieUser207 said:

December 4th is coming up, making it 2 years since they launched nationwide 5G on n71. With them reaching 200M covered with n41 early, I think they plan on having NR CA and VoNR launch happen then.

I live the Northern VA outside of DC and we need VoNR desperately. Losing access to 800x has been awful. I can't keep a phone call outside of my house. Always drops. I don't really have access to LTE but have 1 bar of 5G that goes in and out.

9 hours ago, IrwinshereAgain said:

Fierce wireless is reporting "The Competitive Carriers Association (CCA) says more money needs to be allocated to the ensure 5G makes its way into rural areas that likely wouldn’t get the new technology without support."

Isn't TMobile doing this without the CCA?

TMobile claims they are going to cover rural areas with 5G, but will they?  One thing may help with this. Rural areas often have very poor or non-existent home internet service. If TMobile does install 5G sites in those areas, they can supply home internet at decent speeds from those same sites.  This gives them another customer that will use the spectrum and give TMobile another $50 monthly income.  Right now, the modem/router that TMobile supplies for home internet is very poor.  Has multiple hardware and software issues.  If & when they get their act together with the modem/router, maybe this will all fall into place.

• Like 1

I think i was moved to MOCN  in the last few days, anyway to tell on the device itself or in plan info on the website?  Some spots in my house if i have my S20+ in my pocket i lose service.  If I take my phone out of my pocket I can usually catch signal check showing "T-Mobile (MOCN)" or something to that effect while it looks for service.  I also notice I am on Sprint LTE bands a lot more now.  I have been on TNX since last spring.  Any idea if they are moving everybody to this?

On 11/16/2021 at 1:39 PM, jroepcke51 said:

I live the Northern VA outside of DC and we need VoNR desperately. Losing access to 800x has been awful. I can't keep a phone call outside of my house. Always drops. I don't really have access to LTE but have 1 bar of 5G that goes in and out.

How do you report this issue to T-Mobile? Has the My Sprint App network issue reporting tool been deprecated at this point?

46 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

How do you report this issue to T-Mobile? Has the My Sprint App network issue reporting tool been deprecated at this point?

Ive actually called in to report the issue. I have insane speeds in McLean and Chesterbrook but right south and to the west you lose serve all together. I get the foliage. I have been told there is an outstanding ticket. What they need is a new tower located at Longfellow Middle School. I think that would correct all issues in this dead spot. There is not a Sprint or Tmo tower in this area.

• Like 2

So far as I know, all three carriers are co-located on all the sites all around there, except T-Mobile has an extra site at the church at 6817 Dean Dr.

Sounds like a new tower is needed.

- Trip

• Like 3

Seems like they've accelerated the Sprint site removals around here. I'm also noticing a bunch of Dish sites going up, though I haven't seen any on a former Sprint tower yet so I don't think the two are related. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 9:17 PM, swintec said:

I think i was moved to MOCN  in the last few days, anyway to tell on the device itself or in plan info on the website?  Some spots in my house if i have my S20+ in my pocket i lose service.  If I take my phone out of my pocket I can usually catch signal check showing "T-Mobile (MOCN)" or something to that effect while it looks for service.  I also notice I am on Sprint LTE bands a lot more now.  I have been on TNX since last spring.  Any idea if they are moving everybody to this?

The easiest way is from the old Sprint website UI. 

1.) Log in to Sprint.
2.) From the pull down go to "My Documents." For whatever reason this dumps you back into the old UI.
3.) Now go My Account in the old UI (Alternatively you can copy this URL: https://www.sprint.com/mysprint/pages/secure/myaccount/landingPage.jsp )

4.)Show more info on the line, then click to open up the details on the plan. You will see the services attached.

This is what MOCN looks like on my tablet line:

image.png

• Like 3

Over the past couple of days I’ve noticed that I have 5G in Live Oak, Fl. Went to the engineering screen on my iPhone, and saw 15MHZ of B2. For the deployment type it said 5G (NSA). Am I seeing B2 used for 5G or is 600MHZ also tied to what I’m seeing? I tried to upload the screenshots, but the files were too large. 

6 hours ago, jf15219 said:

This is what MOCN looks like on my tablet line:

Interesting, i dont see it on my line but i am definitely roaming on Sprint sites a lot more. Shows as Sprint 310-120 in Signal check.

2 hours ago, swintec said:

Interesting, i dont see it on my line but i am definitely roaming on Sprint sites a lot more. Shows as Sprint 310-120 in Signal check.

My tablet shows  "Provider: T-Mobile/Sprint B41 (311490)" with "Use Alternate PLMN ID" turned on in General Settings.

15 hours ago, 1dante said:

Over the past couple of days I’ve noticed that I have 5G in Live Oak, Fl. Went to the engineering screen on my iPhone, and saw 15MHZ of B2. For the deployment type it said 5G (NSA). Am I seeing B2 used for 5G or is 600MHZ also tied to what I’m seeing? I tried to upload the screenshots, but the files were too large. 

B2 is the LTE anchor band, not 5G. It's the anchor for n71 or n41. 

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

B2 is the LTE anchor band, not 5G. It's the anchor for n71 or n41. 

Ok thanks for the reply. I was surprised to see the 5G icon because Live Oak, Fl is a really small town. Lake City which is about 20 miles east has excellent T-Mobile coverage. They have N71, N41, and B66 all over the city. Speeds are amazing there. 

On 11/18/2021 at 3:30 PM, mdob07 said:

Seems like they've accelerated the Sprint site removals around here. I'm also noticing a bunch of Dish sites going up, though I haven't seen any on a former Sprint tower yet so I don't think the two are related. 

I have started to see this in Utah as well... Just yesterday they are swapping out my "home" site that was sprint (but no tmo on this tower) Which is in a good spot to help with density....

1 hour ago, floorguy said:

I have started to see this in Utah as well... Just yesterday they are swapping out my "home" site that was sprint (but no tmo on this tower) Which is in a good spot to help with density....

Same around here, a number of sites have been converted. So far, none have started broadcasting but I have to think they will soon.

On 11/20/2021 at 10:08 AM, PedroDaGr8 said:

Same around here, a number of sites have been converted. So far, none have started broadcasting but I have to think they will soon.

I have been on Tmo since i bought the s20 ultra.  So from that standpoint its irrelevant. Other than occasion ill hit a sprint tower.

Came across a T-Mobile permit for a site with both n258 and n260 panels. This is the first site I have seen including n258 and the first with two mmWave bands. Looks like Tmobile is using the AWEB for n260 and AWEUD for n258 in Nokia markets.

Link to the Permit:

https://cosaccela.seattle.gov/Portal/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=DPDPermits&TabName=DPDPermits&capID1=21SCI&capID2=00000&capID3=59600&agencyCode=SEATTLE

Click on the NIER report in the attachments to see the bands for the site. 

• Like 3