Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

On 9/27/2021 at 11:28 AM, schmidtj said:

It sure would be great if T-Mobile continued to honor the iPhone Forever Annual Upgrade Program that Sprint offered instead of making it every Two years.... Perhaps that's asking too much.

I was paying for the same thing on android with Samsung... Samsung forever or whatever it was called... but I found out when I tried to get that upgraded new note last year that they weren't doing that. Even though it was still on my bill every month. I paid 11 months into it and got nothing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jonathanm1978 said:

I was paying for the same thing on android with Samsung... Samsung forever or whatever it was called... but I found out when I tried to get that upgraded new note last year that they weren't doing that. Even though it was still on my bill every month. I paid 11 months into it and got nothing. 

I thought there was supposed to be one last upgrade. I think people saud it was best to do it online as reps were usually unaware.

Edited by comintel
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, jonathanm1978 said:

Yeah same here. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jonathanm1978 said:

I'm 10 months into my Flex Lease. The website shows that I can upgrade early, but I'm only presented with the option to do 30 month financing or to pay in full. Maybe this will change at the 12 month mark on my Flex Lease? This really stinks if it's the case. Do right by your Sprint customers T-Mobile.

I guess I could always upgrade at the 18 Month mark, but if that's the case, I might as well go to Apple's annual upgrade program instead of T-Mobile's.

Hum I'll see if this even posts... This is in sanitizer area around me, came out of the store and saw this... Took it a good 5 min to connect to 5g. Something is going on...

Ok well my screen shot is to big..

But I was parked on evdo 3g.... Very odd

what is this called and who do you think it is for?  surely this cant be considered a "small cell" as its the size of some humans.

wouldnt surprise me if its tomobile.  right in this section there is a thousand or so feet of road where tmobile absolutely drops out and at least for me, I get put on to sprint band 25.  very heavily traveled area too.  one of the only areas i have found where i roam over on to sprint.  kind of funny to cause just up the road is a tmobile store.

celltower.jpg

• Like 2

It seems like T-Mobile is definitely keeping Sprint's long haul fiber network, as the network images on Sprint.net now say T-Mobile instead of Sprint. Here is to hoping the routing issues T-Mobile is having for some people is due to T-Mobile moving their traffic from 3rd party fiber providers and onto Sprint's (now T-Mobile's) fiber. https://www.sprint.net/tools/network-maps

NorthAmerica.png

Also, T-Mobile has been working on tech to improve up link speeds and capacity of n41, specifically 256QAM upload and UL-MIMO. Description from Signal Research Group's benchmark study in California here: https://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/5406477/5g-nr-benchmark-study-vol-18-enhanced-uplink

• Like 5

I've been seeing T-Mobile Band 2 connecting when Band 25 is selected for literally years at this point.  If I lock one of my T-Mobile phones to Band 25, it will connect just fine, though it prefers Band 2 if I don't lock it. 

Can't speak to CA, though.

- Trip

Another Deal:

It's like they're doing everything that's not an annual iPhone upgrade program like we had with Sprint....

Edited by RedSpark
Clarity
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

Another Deal:

It's like they're doing everything that's not an annual iPhone upgrade program like we had with Sprint....

Wasn't their home internet already $50 per month?

2 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

The mail flyer I got here in DC quoted a price of $60/Month.

Interesting, i've been seeing $50 on their website for a while (with a $10 autopay discount or something)

13 minutes ago, clbowens said:

Interesting, i've been seeing $50 on their website for a while (with a $10 autopay discount or something)

I did get the flyer a number of weeks ago. Held onto it: $60/Month with AutoPay.

Perhaps they've made price adjustments since then?

Not sure what market Lake City, Fl is in as of the merger, but I was connected to 5G UC about a week ago and I got 691 down and 83 up. This was using my new iPhone 13 Pro. 

Edited by 1dante
  • Like 2

On 10/5/2021 at 8:14 PM, 1dante said:

Not sure what market Lake City, Fl is in as of the merger, but I was connected to 5G UC about a week ago and I got 691 down and 83 up. This was using my new iPhone 13 Pro. 

I live in Lake City FL and they have L41 and N41 active on the watertower site down town.  I was able to get similar speeds 1.5 miles from the site when I had clear line of sight to the site.  Also they recently got permits to add N41 to several more sites.

Also they just got the first permit that I have seen in the area to convert a current Sprint only site to T-Mobile.  The plan details are here https://webportal.columbiacountyfla.com/AlfrescoDownload.aspx?Site=BuildingAndZoning/BuildingPermits&NodeRef=6abd2930-76bb-458c-b7e3-fa71dc841a10

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iansltx said:

Anyone know if they fixed stream bandwidth restrictions on TNX? I want NR CA now that the site nearest me has n41, but I don't want a 1.5 Mbps video throttle when I have 8 Mbps right now :(

Still capped at like 8 down, glad I have a VPN though so it doesn't really bother me much.

10 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Still capped at like 8 down, glad I have a VPN though so it doesn't really bother me much.

Per Reddit, 1.5 throttle will get fixed in a few weeks. I'm actually 100% okay with an 8 Mbps throttle for video, despite the network being able to consistently deliver 50x that here. But 1.5 is a bridge too far.

• Like 2