Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Agreed, I definitely noticed that, too.  I would assume that this is an e/CSFB issue, since LTE only mode does not allow a CDMA1X carrier for fallback.

I looked into it more tonight, and figured out what was going on, at least at the software level. On the Nexus 5, Android is reporting an LTE connection and valid signal data; however, it is also reporting the telephony service state as "out of service". This is what leads SignalCheck (and probably the stock notification pulldown) to believe that there is no connection. I wonder if the service state is indicating the voice service state, not the overall mobile service state. I'm digging around for answers and trying to see what I can tweak on my end.

-Mike

• Like 3

Not that this is too on topic (nor HQ), but here are some common phones on Signal Check (SGSIV, EVO LTE, HTC One, N5) m8leoWV.jpg?1c8XPg55.jpg

The samsung is connected to an airave. How do you like the N5?

Not that this is too on topic (nor HQ), but here are some common phones on Signal Check

I love that you haven't taken the factory screen wrap off the N5 yet, but it's already running SignalCheck Pro, haha!

-Mike

• Like 3

I love that you haven't taken the factory screen wrap off the N5 yet, but it's already running SignalCheck Pro, haha!

-Mike

I ordered a zagg on Cyber Monday (actually late sunday night before many of the other orders) and it was just delivered on either the 24th/26th. 

installed it today. 

The samsung is connected to an airave. How do you like the N5?

how can you tell? it was at a relatives house (nice tablecloth right), but that is weird the others weren't.

Loving the N5, compared to my old Evo Lte. each time I hold it i think how well it is made. no chance i'd go back though. 

battery life can get me 2 days when i need it, 7-8 hours if I'm doing tons if i go all out on LTE/screen on. 

I ordered a zagg on Cyber Monday (actually late sunday night before many of the other orders) and it was just delivered on either the 24th/26th.  installed it today.   how can you tell? it was at a relatives house (nice tablecloth right), but that is weird the others weren't. Loving the N5, compared to my old Evo Lte. each time I hold it i think how well it is made. no chance i'd go back though.  battery life can get me 2 days when i need it, 7-8 hours if I'm doing tons if i go all out on LTE/screen on.

The NID Is 502, the others are 312. My airave has a NID of 502 as well. Maybe a neighbor?

If this spark update is going to kill my band 25 reception. I'll wait until my market gets a pretty good amount of 800 LTE online. Before updating.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just have to wait and see I suppose.  I'm hoping it gets here soon though.  We have a lot of TD-2600 sites that aren't getting used as much as they should be right now!

• Like 1

Just have to wait and see I suppose. I'm hoping it gets here soon though. We have a lot of TD-2600 sites that aren't getting used as much as they should be right now!

I wonder if Google release a tri band update for connectivity issues then we flash the old radio for better reception. Win win situation

• Like 2

Weird on Ebay Nexus 5s go for a lot more than straight from Google.

Sent from my SPH-L900

That's pretty normal to see things like that on eBay.

Sent from my SPH-L900

People from foreign countries will buy them from eBay like that if their country isn't initially supported by Google (or other manufacturer) or because they would otherwise pay more. 

People from foreign countries will buy them from eBay like that if their country isn't initially supported by Google (or other manufacturer) or because they would otherwise pay more. 

Hello, my name is Richard Udekwu.  I will pay you 1000 USD for the Nexus 5.  Will you accept a Nigerian money order?

RU

• Like 6

Hello, my name is Richard Udekwu.  I will pay you 1000 USD for the Nexus 5.  Will you accept a Nigerian money order?

RU

Funny, I always knew you were a Dick..

• Like 3

Funny, I always knew you were a Dick..

And you know what Dicks do...

AJ

• Like 1

Sent from my SPH-L900

Unless you're a "store" on eBay, they take 10 percent, and PayPal takes 2.9 percent plus a fixed fee regardless. So it's pretty normal for some items to cost a premium on eBay.

So I have my nexus 5 32gb coming in tomorrow but can't get a sim from any corporate store still. I thought they would have been educated by now. Anyone here work at a sprint store in Jersey?

Sent from Evo

Pure android+awesome radio=LG G2 killer! But the G2 is a pretty good phone in its own right.

Knock on, crazy good battery and awesome camera kept me with the G2 over the Nexus 5. Plus, I am probably one of the few crazy ones who actually likes having the rear button placement. But I agree that the Nexus 5 has to be one of the best cell phones made thus far. It does everything well and is top notch in every aspect, including the rare ability to be high end and still have great build quality. At least, for the black one...I am not sure why they gave the black model such a nice matte texture but doomed the white model to a glossy plastic existence.

The G2 has better hardware than the Nexus 5, I don't think anyone would argue that. (but someone probably will in a second)  The G2 has a bigger screen, bigger battery, better camera.

For myself the Nexus 5 allowed me to step up to a tri-band phone from the GS3 I had without getting locked into another 2 year commitment to Sprint. This allows me to test out Spark when we get it, and if it isn't all that and a box of chocolates like promised, I can change carriers with no hassle.   If Spark turns out to be awesome like we all expect, I may very well let Sprint give me a free G2 on an upgrade, lock in to an awesome network for another 2 years, and sell the Nexus 5 for probably dang near what I paid for it if history is any indicator. 

What is also nice about the Nexus 5 is that I've been able to run a T-mobile SIM on the $30 plan while I wait for a few more LTE towers to come on line here in AZ. I need about 3 more towers in my area to be LTE accepted and I'll drop the Sprint SIM back in.   Until then I'm paying for 2 wireless plans, but honestly with the price of Sprint SERO + TMO $30/mo. I'm still paying less than my friends on AT&T :)   

• Like 1