Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I'm new to the site and not sure the correct term to do a proper search... How do you determine which band you're connected? Is there an app, diagnostic code, etc.?

It is shown on the LTE Engineering screen. Dial *#*#33284#*#* to get to the menu you need, or grab an app that has a shortcut to it built in. SignalCheck Pro has the shortcut; hopefully soon it will show the band right in the app so you won't need it. The Nexus 5 Field Test app has the shortcut too.

-Mike

• Like 1

No it's not; I meant 4.4.2. My intent was not to point out any version in particular. I was just wondering if that notification could be removed

I have not yet tried with the Nexus 5.  But, yes, with the long press, the notification can be removed on the Nexus 7.  Thanks for the tip.

AJ

Tim is right.  This non Nexus 5 discussion is veering toward the guardrails.  We already have plenty of "unlimited" data and tethering on topic, albeit contentious debate elsewhere.  If you like, we can move these posts to one of those threads.  But they cannot stay here.

AJ

• Like 3

Mmm 32GB White Nexus 5 has been activated on Ting. Huge upgrade from my Evo3d.

Edit:

Anyone else having problems sending MMS via WiFi with Hangouts? I have my mms server properly configured for the "http://mms.plspictures.com" Ting servers.. Just wondering if this is a Hangouts issue or my own issue.

Edit2: I have figured out a solution to this issue from the replies here and on the Ting forums. Link: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4989-lg-google-nexus-5-users-thread/?p=258684

• Like 4

Mmm 32GB White Nexus 5 has been activated on Ting. Huge upgrade from my Evo3d.

Edit:

Anyone else having problems sending MMS via WiFi with Hangouts? I have my mms server properly configured for the "http://mms.plspictures.com" Ting servers.. Just wondering if this is a Hangouts issue or my own issue.

Stopped using hangouts for a while now but for the last couple of days or so I haven't been able to send or receive any mms on my n5, no issues on my One or One Max.

Edit:

Triple checked my apn settings and even performed a hard reset and my mms issues are still there.  Also, it doesn't matter what messenger app I am using.

Stopped using hangouts for a while now but for the last couple of days or so I haven't been able to send or receive any mms on my n5, no issues on my One or One Max.

Edit:

Triple checked my apn settings and even performed a hard reset and my mms issues are still there. Also, it doesn't matter what messenger app I am using.

I've been having issues pushing out MMS as well. I'm outside of DC and have been having trouble the last 3 days or so. Resisting calling sprint and hoping anyone with similar issues has found a workaround.

Getting and sending MMS just fine last few days. Using Textra.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've been having issues pushing out MMS as well. I'm outside of DC and have been having trouble the last 3 days or so. Resisting calling sprint and hoping anyone with similar issues has found a workaround.

Getting and sending MMS just fine last few days. Using Textra.

I am using textra as well, but when I got up this morning everything now seems to be working fine. 

I have had no problem with MMS via chompsms or 8sms while in Charlotte nc. Perhaps try making sure MMS over WiFi is turned on? Should work if you are a sprint customer.

I tried a few different apps, I also made sure that the apn settings were exact.  I can't speak for anyone else but it was definitely a n5 issue.  I activated my One on that same line and mms worked perfectly, I then reactivated my n5 and had the same issue.  I don't know what it was but at least mms is working again.

I tried a few different apps, I also made sure that the apn settings were exact. I can't speak for anyone else but it was definitely a n5 issue. I activated my One on that same line and mms worked perfectly, I then reactivated my n5 and had the same issue. I don't know what it was but at least mms is working again.

Could have just been the holiday overloading the network.. my N5 was fine, but my wife's iPhone 5s didn't receive a couple of MMS messages for 12+ hours.. we really enjoyed being woken up at 4am when they finally arrived!

-Mike

Could have just been the holiday overloading the network.. my N5 was fine, but my wife's iPhone 5s didn't receive a couple of MMS messages for 12+ hours.. we really enjoyed being woken up at 4am when they finally arrived!

-Mike

Not sure if this is an N5 only issue, but my G2 was fine with MMS using Handcent.

All other devices on my account worked just fine and like I also said, I swapped out my n5 with my One and mms worked fine but once I reactivated my n5 it wasn't working but as of this morning its working again. 

I posted this pages back, but my art N5 on sprint will not receive MMS (group or picture) while on WiFi.

Bone stock, so I expect this bug will get fixed soon

Works fine on Dalvik?  I have been having lots of MMS issues as well.

I tried a few different apps, I also made sure that the apn settings were exact.  I can't speak for anyone else but it was definitely a n5 issue.  I activated my One on that same line and mms worked perfectly, I then reactivated my n5 and had the same issue.  I don't know what it was but at least mms is working again.

Maybe somehow it was a local issues (or a couple of locations?) That's pretty strange. Maybe the Atalanta and DC switches were rejecting N5s for a time.

Maybe somehow it was a local issues (or a couple of locations?) That's pretty strange. Maybe the Atalanta and DC switches were rejecting N5s for a time.

I don't think it's a local issue, as I'm having issues with the stock messaging app too with both sending and receiving MMS messages.

• Like 1