Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

14 minutes ago, The_Chemist said:

Latches on to Sprint and only sees Sprint as neighbor cells. Completely ignores all the available good signal from T-Mo. 

This is what mine said before Monday  that b41 with that little 2  and it said 310120   but if u turn on the alt PLMN thing like he said   it started reading at 310260   but i can't stay connected to it anymore and when I do connect it there's no data at all  and Cellmapper reads it as Test PLMN 1-1 b41  

As for b71  I had a guy named Travis in DM on Twitter @TMobileHelp said the strongest signal was going live on July 2nd (it didn't or I can't ever connect to it  like it doesn't exsist) all I can connect to and actually get data is b2 and b12 tho it sometimes has 2-3 bars with no data then lose signal.

2 hours ago, DerekKY1980 said:

This is what mine said before Monday  that b41 with that little 2  and it said 310120   but if u turn on the alt PLMN thing like he said   it started reading at 310260   but i can't stay connected to it anymore and when I do connect it there's no data at all  and Cellmapper reads it as Test PLMN 1-1 b41  

As for b71  I had a guy named Travis in DM on Twitter @TMobileHelp said the strongest signal was going live on July 2nd (it didn't or I can't ever connect to it  like it doesn't exsist) all I can connect to and actually get data is b2 and b12 tho it sometimes has 2-3 bars with no data then lose signal.

I can actually get stand alone 5G NR inside my house now that I excluded the Sprint bands. 

The system is not set up properly. With the Sprint bands active they stomp on top of the native T-Mobile bands. 

I've been going round and round with them for weeks on this. 

I don't see a need for the Sprint bands, even as fill in, as there is excellent native T-Mobile coverage. 

Screenshot_20210704-075226_SignalCheck Pro.jpg

3 hours ago, The_Chemist said:

I can actually get stand alone 5G NR inside my house now that I excluded the Sprint bands. 

The system is not set up properly. With the Sprint bands active they stomp on top of the native T-Mobile bands. 

I've been going round and round with them for weeks on this. 

I don't see a need for the Sprint bands, even as fill in, as there is excellent native T-Mobile coverage. 

Screenshot_20210704-075226_SignalCheck Pro.jpg

Band 71 is highly contrained in capacity and therefore, according to other posts, is reserved to be a last resort for those at a distance who have no other alternative.

Edited by comintel

11 hours ago, comintel said:

Band 71 is highly contrained in capacity and therefore, according to other posts, is reserved to be a last resort for those at a distance who have no other alternative.

I'm not in the best signal area. Since T-Mobile has built up the network, I do get a much better signal at my house though. 

I'm hoping to get a Femtocell.   That would solve most of my issues. 

The problem is they do not, at this point, have the newly lit up Sprint signals set up properly and they stomp on the perfectly good T-Mobile signals. 

22 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Rather than torturing us at this point, I wish T-Mobile would concentrate on a limited number of markets and get the T-Mobile side finished up in those markets and move to the next set of markets.

Anecdotally based on permits there is reason to believe that may be happening in Omaha sometime soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2021 at 3:24 PM, jonathanm1978 said:

Well..I just received the Tmobile femtocell. I am not sure if this is the device referred to as "Pebble"..but here's the model number: ALU 9961v2 4GLTE CELLSPOT. I wasn't sure exactly what they would send...since they've gone from some sort of cooked-firmware Asus routers, to some type of femtocell as this. Has Nokia on the back of it.

How did you obtain the Tmobile femtocell? Are you on Sprint billing or T-Mobile billing?

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 11:23 AM, The_Chemist said:

I'm not in the best signal area. Since T-Mobile has built up the network, I do get a much better signal at my house though. 

I'm hoping to get a Femtocell.   That would solve most of my issues. 

The problem is they do not, at this point, have the newly lit up Sprint signals set up properly and they stomp on the perfectly good T-Mobile signals. 

I am very impressed with the T-Mobile engineering team. 

It was rough for them because Shetel still owns the tower that was causing all my signal problems, but they adjusted the band 41 cut off point so that when it reaches -113 dBm, the phone will search for T-Mobile band 71. 

I am so impressed with the attention they gave to me as a T-Mobile customer.  You definitely would not get this type of help and concern from AT&T or Verizon.

T-Mobile actually cared about my reception and customer experience!

I'll be a T-Mobile customer for life!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

26 minutes ago, Trip said:

The Shentel sale closed on 7/1, so they own it now.

- Trip

According to the engineer that I was dealing with, Shentel is still running the site. He had to go through legal channels to get the Shentel personnel to make the changes that he wanted. 

He said it'll be about another year before T-Mobile will have control of the site. 

In the meantime any changes still have to go through Shentel. 

• Like 2

Returned back to town and finally saw some 100MHz n41 sites. During the drive home, I saw 60, 80, and 100 MHz n41 sites during the drive. Interestingly, they all used the same EARFCN 519870 (2599.35 MHz). While it was clear that the 60MHz sites used the older Nokia AAHF B41/n41 panels, 80MHz and 100MHz appeared to use identical panels (the newer Nokia AEHC). I am unsure why some sites were 100 while the rest were 80. 

Hey everyone! My phone got stolen last week, and the new phone I received was set up with TNX. As a result, I can’t roam on several of the Sprint sites I used to roam on, including my home site.

Does anyone have any experience getting off TNX? I’ve tried two legacy Sprint stores as well as customer care (via phone) with no luck. I’m really hoping I can get this resolved soon - I don’t want to have to port to AT&T or VZW. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RAvirani said:

Hey everyone! My phone got stolen last week, and the new phone I received was set up with TNX. As a result, I can’t roam on several of the Sprint sites I used to roam on, including my home site.

Does anyone have any experience getting off TNX? I’ve tried two legacy Sprint stores as well as customer care (via phone) with no luck. I’m really hoping I can get this resolved soon - I don’t want to have to port to AT&T or VZW. 

The good news is they will port you back over without issue usually. The bad news is Sprint LTE is going offline in June 2022 and even before that Tmobile will be taking spectrum from Sprint before then meaning your network experience is going to suffer anyway. You might as well switch. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

The good news is they will port you back over without issue usually. The bad news is Sprint LTE is going offline in June 2022

But it's still there now, and in some areas better than T-Mobile. By the time they shut it down, many/most of those sties will be converted to T-Mobile, so it won't matter. But right now, it does matter. We're all aware of the timeline and what that means, especially RAvirani.

7 hours ago, RAvirani said:

I've had better luck with support on chat than I have calling or going into stores. I don't know if they'll be able to help or not, but that would be my first stop. I think there used to be a way to go back to TNA from TNX, but I don't know if they're doing that any more, and if they are, they likely aren't making it easy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

But it's still there now, and in some areas better than T-Mobile. By the time they shut it down, many/most of those sties will be converted to T-Mobile, so it won't matter. But right now, it does matter. We're all aware of the timeline and what that means, especially RAvirani. 

When the Sprint sites are shut down, will the frequencies be reused as T-Mobile frequencies?  1900 MHz, 850 MHz & 2500 MHz?

I've heard that the Sprint site near me will be broadcasting low frequencies and 5G next year.  

12 minutes ago, The_Chemist said:

When the Sprint sites are shut down, will the frequencies be reused as T-Mobile frequencies?  1900 MHz, 850 MHz & 2500 MHz?

I've heard that the Sprint site near me will be broadcasting low frequencies and 5G next year.  

Yes, with the exception of SMR. Although it's generally on a market basis, not a site by site basis. T-Mobile is already shifting Sprint PCS spectrum over to their B2 channels where they can. The G-Block (reason for B25) will likely not get used until T-Mobile starts to deploy n25. The B41 spectrum of course is already getting recycled into n41 and their 2 B41 channels. As more Sprint B41 gets shut down, the n41 channel will be widened, or more channels added. SMR will probably (though not confirmed) go to Dish at some point, as I don't think T-Mobile has any plans to keep it around.

26 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Yes, with the exception of SMR. Although it's generally on a market basis, not a site by site basis. T-Mobile is already shifting Sprint PCS spectrum over to their B2 channels where they can. The G-Block (reason for B25) will likely not get used until T-Mobile starts to deploy n25. The B41 spectrum of course is already getting recycled into n41 and their 2 B41 channels. As more Sprint B41 gets shut down, the n41 channel will be widened, or more channels added. SMR will probably (though not confirmed) go to Dish at some point, as I don't think T-Mobile has any plans to keep it around.

Very interesting!  Thanks. 

T-Mobile rep put in a ticket for me on the b41 issue  apparently they shut it down and started to convert it over to T-Mobile on June 28th (that's about when i stopped being able to connect.)  They said they don't have an exact time frame but estimate it about 90 days.

If there are no issues can it be completed and turned back on before that time?  Just curious lol

ok question.. are these new panels for tmo?  they are adding to a tower that has been empty since the Nextel merger (my guess it was a Nextel tower) the guys were way up and probably couldn't hear me anyway

20210712_120858~2.jpg

20210712_120855~2.jpg

48 minutes ago, floorguy said:

ok question.. are these new panels for tmo?  they are adding to a tower that has been empty since the Nextel merger (my guess it was a Nextel tower) the guys were way up and probably couldn't hear me anyway

20210712_120858~2.jpg

20210712_120855~2.jpg

Looks like AT&T to me. 

On 7/9/2021 at 10:10 AM, though said:

How did you obtain the Tmobile femtocell? Are you on Sprint billing or T-Mobile billing?

I'm on Sprint billing...but I was able to get a trouble ticket sent up, and the system sent me a text message with the ticket number and a phone number to call in about the ticket that was opened... The agent told me if I would switch one of my 5 lines back to a Tmobile SIM, he could order me the femtocell..but I had to have one of the lines on a Tmo SIM for him to be able to order it. That is how I got it.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 10:02 PM, floorguy said:

20210712_120858~2.jpg

20210712_120855~2.jpg

What's the location of this site?