Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I think the question is why use a screen protector when it already has one? It's like installing a bumper on a tank. Use your finger and not your keys on the screen.

So you're guaranteed the quality of the screen not to change, junk from day one.

The same people get phone insurance too, got to pay that extra $10 per month plus $150 deductible for the $200 phone.

So you're guaranteed the quality of the screen not to change, junk from day one.

The same people get phone insurance too, got to pay that extra $10 per month plus $150 deductible for the $200 phone.

Oh, I thought these phones had gorilla glass like my Note2 does.

• Like 1

Gosh the pure profit they are making...  Someone could make a living just installing screen protectors for people lol.

That's why ZAGG set up shop right outside the Apple Store for both STL locations, West County and Saint Louis Galleria. Barf...

• Like 1

Oh snap woke up to an email stating my shipment shipped out this morning.

Ordered the black 32GB on the 19th. Stated for delivery on the 3rd.

What's wierd it shipped out today; delivery for today.

Where is is shipping out of?

Where is is shipping out of?

Miami, FL, United States
11/26/2013 2:40 P.M. Delivered  
11/26/2013 8:46 A.M. Out For Delivery  
11/26/2013 7:58 A.M. Departure Scan  
11/26/2013 7:08 A.M. Arrival Scan  
11/26/2013 6:35 A.M. Adverse weather conditions.
Louisville, KY, United States
11/26/2013 4:33 A.M. Departure Scan  
11/26/2013 2:44 A.M. Origin Scan United States
11/26/2013 4:10 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

What sucks is I am in Orlando at the moment, and wont be home till wednesday night lol

• Like 1

Turns out there isn't any need for me to schedule for UPS to hold the package at their facility.  I just checked and it will be here tomorrow so a friend can grab it for me.

They no longer require a signature? My girlfriend couldn't even sign for my N5 (she answered the door), the UPS guy said Google had requested that only the person stated on the label could sign or it was going to be returned to sender?

Think I have a new business idea for you guys. A bumper protector for the bumper on your truck!

I'll also start a wind shield protector company. Haha

What about a protector protector?  It is kind of like the hot pocket hot pocket.

AJ

• Like 2

Like the radar detector detector detectors? (true story there)

At least, that might have some RF relevance here.

AJ

• Like 1

They no longer require a signature? My girlfriend couldn't even sign for my N5 (she answered the door), the UPS guy said Google had requested that only the person stated on the label could sign or it was going to be returned to sender?

Guess I'll tell him to say he is me lol.  

has anyone had an issue with people hearing you speaking on the phone. It's weird, if i hold the phone a certain way it gets muted or does not pick up my voice. Strange.

microphone is on the bottom of the phone (right grill).  don't cover it up with your hand/finger and make sure you don't have a case that covers it up.

• Like 1

Enable developer options, switch runtime to ART.

My battery life has improved quite a bit. Used to be sitting at 60% after 8 hours.

Now...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

For anyone who hasn't done this already, you are crazy.  My battery life is SUBSTANTIALLY better than it was before with this modification.  I changed it late Friday and my weekend use is dramatically different than work week.  So at first I didn't believe my results.  With almost two work days under my belt I can honestly say that the comparison is not even close.  I've logged just under 3.5 hours of talk time today (25% battery left), while before I couldn't get past 2 hours.

Sorry for the late "Thank you!".  I had to dig up your post, I couldn't remember who it was.

So, the Nexus 5 (ordered direct from google) was supposed to come with a Tmobile sim correct?  I don't believe I ever saw one, not that I wouldn't mind having the option

So, the Nexus 5 (ordered direct from google) was supposed to come with a Tmobile sim correct?  I don't believe I ever saw one, not that I wouldn't mind having the option

no sim is included

• Like 1

Why would you pay $8 to install a screen protector that is only worth maybe $3-5? It's not like trying to install a turbocharger. Just pull it out, pull back the film and slide it on. It's ridiculous that BB would even charge $8 to do something that takes 15 seconds to put on. But then again, they somehow think a screen protector costs $30,too..

My screen protector was free and so was my phone.

I also don't have the nerve to go naked or the skill to apply myself. $16 for a zagg and $8 more for installation is well worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk