Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Set up google voice today. All went well till i tried to make a call. It takes 15 sec to start ringing. I used the Sprint intergration. I went back and disabled it in Google Voice and the time to ring was back to normal. I went back and set up google voice for just voicemail and everything works fine. As soon as i went back and used Google Voice intergrated with sprint the ring delay came back. I am only using google voice for voicemail now as a result. I did not have this issue with my S3.

Anyone else have this problem?

I have seen this too.  Although it doesn't happen every time.  

I have seen this too. Although it doesn't happen every time.

Google voice integration has issues they have never fixed. The biggest one is I make a call, it rings the persons phone but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. I also hear myself echoing in my ear at the same time.

This happens on my gs3, I haven't switched to the nexus yet. I gave up on integration because it was a big problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Has anyone noticed that on the sprint site when looking at the nexus 5 it has a box at the bottom saying that in store pick up is unavailable and will be back for cyber Monday. The nexus 5 is the only device that has this notification. Do you all think that the nexus 5 will be a part of the cyber Monday deals on sprint.com

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Did we figure out if preferred network is better set to LTE or Global?

I do not believe it matters. I previously mentioned that my testing showed that the only difference between the two is that it changes the mode on the Radio Info screen from LTE/CDMA to LTE/GSM/CDMA.

-Mike

I have issues where its in the CDMA Sprint mode, and it coming with errors saying that it can't find a T-Mobile signal. Ugh.

You can try restart, or profile update. I doubt there phones were meant to be switching between carriers. I'm sure it would be fine with a hard reset if needed, although it would be an inconvenience.

Interesting.. mine has been on Global all along, and I have no issues with MMS on EV-DO, LTE, or Wi-Fi.

-Mike

Tried with both Hangouts and Textra and no MMS on Global setting, although there was not a problem with SMS. When I switched to LTE, all the pics went through from previous attempts. Since I'm in a Spark area (NW burbs of Chicago) maybe that has something to do with it.

EDIT: This morning everything now works on Global setting also. Weird. Last night MMS only went through on LTE setting to both in network and outside of network phones. Whatever, at least now I know what to change if it ever starts acting up again.

Edited by GooGooMuck

Trying to get sprint to push my upgrade back since my upgrade is Jan 1. They r not budging one bit, pissing me off.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Well for some odd reason my upgrade is January 1st and suddenly check online and I'm eligible for an upgrade now so I went ahead and jumped on the nexus 5 before sprint changes it up.

be careful to note if it says eligble for 'one up' upgrade that means you have to switch to the new myway plans and give them your old phone.

• Like 1

be careful to note if it says eligble for 'one up' upgrade that means you have to switch to the new myway plans and give them your old phone.

No it was the 2yr price ordered from amazon but it's taking longer than usual to process the order though. Probably due to the black Friday volume. Ordered the spigen neo hybrid gold to wrap around my new baby.

Im close to being in the nexus 5 club.  ordered from google on tuesday.  should be here by dec 11th.  just ordered Diztronic case for it, ive always preferred otter box but will try something new.  ordering the SIM from Sprint was an ordeal.  Chatted with sprint international support and they said due to my SERO account they could not pull my account up to order.  Called into SERO customer service and they said only sprint international can do it. lol :rolleyes:   round and round i went until CS rep in international CS had her manager order it for me.

i was going to upgrade with amazon and end up with the phone almost free but i just didnt want to go on contract again.  plus..being that i have always preferred a hardware based keyboard im not sure how my first all touchscreen phone will turn out.

Normally I don't worry about txt backup/restore/transferring, but my parents did the $30 amazon nexus 5's, and I want to be able to transfer all their crap from their galaxy nexus devices to their nexus 5.

I know contacts apps and stuff are linked to google accounts, and htc/samsung have their transfer apps, but what is good to use that will transfer all the text messages and stuff from the gnex to the n5?

Normally I don't worry about txt backup/restore/transferring, but my parents did the $30 amazon nexus 5's, and I want to be able to transfer all their crap from their galaxy nexus devices to their nexus 5.

I know contacts apps and stuff are linked to google accounts, and htc/samsung have their transfer apps, but what is good to use that will transfer all the text messages and stuff from the gnex to the n5?

I use SMS backup. It backs up all your text messages and recent calls to your Google account. Been using it since my og EVO. It even backs up mms but it won't restore mms back to the phone.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk