Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

It doesn't work in my experience, unless I'm connected to Wi-Fi. It would probably work connected to GSM, though (not LTE).

On an unrelated note, last night I found that long pressing the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Location quick tiles will toggle them on/off. I was only used to the [superior] CM functionality, and never thought to long-press them before. Can't wait for stable CM 11.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ah I didn't think it would work when out and about.  Pity, it actually seemed like a cool feature.

• Like 1

So KitKat and the Nexus 5 have the feature where if a business calls you, then Google will pull up their information (name, address, etc) for you.  How well does this work without SVDO and SVLTE?

I cannot remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure this feature worked when I was out and about.  The Nissan dealership my car was at called and it showed up with a picture... Maybe I was home, I cannot remember now.  Wouldn't it be possible for the information to be sent before the phone call came thru?

Can someone tell me if it has been mentioned in this thread before? I have been following but can't remember exactly. There is a review on Sprint.com regarding the HTC and voice mail saying that you can't use sprint voice mail and you have to set up a google voice. I would figure it still has the voicemail app or just call "1".

It doesn't work in my experience, unless I'm connected to Wi-Fi. It would probably work connected to GSM, though (not LTE).

On an unrelated note, last night I found that long pressing the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Location quick tiles will toggle them on/off. I was only used to the [superior] CM functionality, and never thought to long-press them before. Can't wait for stable CM 11.

I believe that is how the nexus work also. I had a friend show me on my own nexus 10 that when he never had any nexus devices lol.

I believe that is how the nexus work also. I had a friend show me on my own nexus 10 that when he never had any nexus devices lol.

The lenses have been around for a while, I think they just did it to make their product appeal to that niche. But who knows.

Is this what are talking about ? Got from Marlboro last year for free lol .I was gonna toss it away

post-9904-138524104414_thumb.jpg

post-9904-138524106235_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I smoke, but not marlboros. and they send me free crap and coupons all the time.

Usually they have little ciggy stripers (candystripers?) that go around at bars, clubs and other places adults congregate and get you to sign up for free samples and will give you a pack of cigarettes. hmm

• Like 2

I cannot remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure this feature worked when I was out and about.  The Nissan dealership my car was at called and it showed up with a picture... Maybe I was home, I cannot remember now.  Wouldn't it be possible for the information to be sent before the phone call came thru?

It could certainly be possible.  Would just depend on how it's implemented.  It would have to pull the data very quickly before the phone rang, which may be difficult. 

I smoke, but not marlboros. and they send me free crap and coupons all the time.

Usually they have little ciggy stripers...

Are they "ciggy stripers" or "ciggy strippers"?

AJ

• Like 3

Any update from Sprint when the Nexus 5 will be able to connect to b41?

I think the official Spark update for the N5 is early 2014.

Early 2014 is all we know.

41 in 14!

It sounds like a college yell or old battle cry.

:P

AJ

• Like 1

Any update from Sprint when the Nexus 5 will be able to connect to b41?

There have been at least 2 confirmed b41 sightings on nexus 5 already.

So if you have enabled the bands, it does not appear to be a device limitation, but a network limitation.

If you meant official support, then as already has been mentioned, early 2014 is all we know at this point.

Thanks for the info, I already enable band 41 but still not getting b41 on towers that I know b41 is enable ...

How do you know they are enabled?  A hotspot device?  b41 sites are limited by eCSFB just like the b25 sites.  They probably need an update to enable eCSFB.

Yeap I have play with the Netgear hotspot that came out on this summer and I was getting a consistent download speed 20 mpbs but no luck with the N5 ...

Maybe blocked until launch day in your area?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Looks like Google is holding the full amount of the N5 on my card as of yesterday.  Hopefully this is a good indication that it is shipping soon.

It probably shipped yesterday then.

• Like 1