Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

This confirms I'm having the same issue as a lot of people?

I'm in east Texas in an area with both 3g and 4g upgrades. My house doesnt show this issue, as there is no 4g there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What issue?  I see you are connected.

What issue?  I see you are connected.

While signal check may show connected, the status bar does not show connected.

@ Jordan, if this was just a quick lte showing then dropping back to 3g, then yes it appears to be a csfb issue which will be fixed whenever sprint gets around to upgrading that tower.

not much you can do but wait.

The issue with 1x connectivity while on LTE. Some regions/metros have it due to the order in which upgrades have been made.

That's not an issue, that's a feature of your phone so it doesn't have to bother with pesky 1x while on LTE.  I suggest reading Robert's great article:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

Based on all of the screen protector talk in this thread, the condom training has taken full root. Damn, you guys are either not careful or paranoid...

AJ

Based on all of the screen protector talk in this thread, the condom training has taken full root. Damn, you guys are either not careful or paranoid...

AJ

Are you a fan of leaving your phone without a screen protector, AJ?

• Like 1

Are you a fan of leaving your phone

without a screen protector, AJ?

I have to check with the pocket first. But otherwise, yes -- because I am very careful with my phone and do not stick it in questionable pockets.

AJ

• Like 5

The issue with 1x connectivity while on LTE. Some regions/metros have it due to the order in which upgrades have been made.

You don't get to connect to 1x while on LTE. That's not an issue, that's how tri-band devices work.

• Like 2

Gosh the pure profit they are making...  Someone could make a living just installing screen protectors for people lol.

I'm not sure if he is still providing this service but, at one time, our S4GRU Official FCC OET Reporter (Macinjosh) had a side business making screen protectors.  His rates were affordable.  I'm not sure if he still operates this business but, you may want to check with him for screen protectors.

y9uzy3es.jpg

I'm in east Texas in an area with both 3g and 4g upgrades. My house doesnt show this issue, as there is no 4g there.

Ummmmm....i think you forgot something....

I'm not sure if he is still providing this service but, at one time, our S4GRU Official FCC OET Reporter (Macinjosh) had a side business making screen protectors. His rates were affordable. I'm not sure if he still operates this business but, you may want to check with him for screen protectors.

I have the business still, but haven't done anything with it in forever. I should start it back up though, especially since Square is now my friend in terms of running an Internet business.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I like having a screen protector on my phone because when i go to sell my phone I will be able to list it as perfect/excellent. Rather than having tiny scratches on the screen.

digi stares at his Note2 under the bright light that has had no screen protector for a year... He's still looking for those scratches.

Gorilla glass does the job! Awesome stuff.

• Like 3

digi stares at his Note2 under the bright light that has had no screen protector for a year... He's still looking for those scratches.

I've used a phone with Gorilla Glass and managed to put a few scratches on it. Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

Hah! I just received my Nexus 5 this morning and first thing I did was order 2 screen protectors and a case. :P

I also can't help think that if I hadn't put a screen protector on my Note 2, there would be scratches on the screen, since I see small scratches on the screen protector when I shine a bright light on it. I understand that Gorilla glass is tough stuff, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable leaving it exposed, especially if I were to drop my phone on concrete, and it lands face down.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 using Tapatalk 4

Hah! I just received my Nexus 5 this morning and first thing I did was order 2 screen protectors and a case. :P

I also can't help think that if I hadn't put a screen protector on my Note 2, there would be scratches on the screen, since I see small scratches on the screen protector when I shine a bright light on it. I understand that Gorilla glass is tough stuff, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable leaving it exposed, especially if I were to drop my phone on concrete, and it lands face down.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 using Tapatalk 4

Mine has been in a Otterbox defender case so nothing touches the screen plus it nothing else is in my front pocket except my phone.  All depends on how you use your phone.

My nexus came in! Loving it even though I can't activate it until tomorrow. Quick question. Can you have Google now on without it being on the left side of the home screens? I like the original way better.

Best solution I could find was use a different launcher. Which is pretty easy on the N5, considering there's an options right on the first layer of the settings to change "Home" which sets the launcher.

My nexus came in! Loving it even though I can't activate it until tomorrow. Quick question. Can you have Google now on without it being on the left side of the home screens? I like the original way better.

Best solution I could find was use a different launcher. Which is pretty easy on the N5, considering there's an options right on the first layer of the settings to change "Home" which sets the launcher.

Yea. Just use a different launcher like Nova or Apex and it'll be just like the ICS/JB days.

That said, it's amazing how Google is exposing a way to easily change the default messaging app and launcher right from the settings menu. I know Android has always been about customization, but I think exposing those to users who aren't too tech savvy is definitely a step in the right direction.

• Like 1