Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Picked up the Nexus 5 on Thursday. This thing flies. So much better, IMO, than the G2 I returned. Better camera (auto focus was bad on G2), much much more reliable signal (holds onto LTE longer), and faster multi task abilities (especially with ART runtime enabled). Only thing I will miss is that huge battery in the G2. But this N5 is holding it's own nicely for my needs. For those of you waiting on shipment, it's worth the wait! I'm impressed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

You and I both Haha. Mine should be here tuesday but it just isn't fast enough!

You got your shipping confirmation then?  Still nothing for me.  I knew I should've gotten the white lol.  I really hope it doesn't come while I am gone for Thanksgiving and over the weekend.

You got your shipping confirmation then?  Still nothing for me.  I knew I should've gotten the white lol.  I really hope it doesn't come while I am gone for Thanksgiving and over the weekend.

I got the shipping info Thursday night. So for the 3 day shipping it doesn't count Saturday. The black 16 seems to have the longest wait.

I got the shipping info Thursday night. So for the 3 day shipping it doesn't count Saturday. The black 16 seems to have the longest wait.

I'm sure I have asked you about this before, but this has way to many pages to look through...  Around what date did you order?  I ordered on the 9th and have my fingers crossed for the shipping info any day now.

I'm sure I have asked you about this before, but this has way to many pages to look through...  Around what date did you order?  I ordered on the 9th and have my fingers crossed for the shipping info any day now.

Ordered on 11/5. Originally supposed to ship on 11/26 but scheduled to be delivered instead. Fingures crosses it is delivered Monday since the driver had all weekend and I know they like to get jobs done early so they rest more before the next shipment.

• Like 1

They won't charge until its shipped. So if the charge is on your card then it either shipped already or needs to just get picked up by ups so it can get shipped.  So worse case scenario I would say you might get it on tuesday, maybe wednesday.  If not then......my bad, LOL.

• Like 1

They won't charge until its shipped. So if the charge is on your card then it either shipped already or needs to just get picked up by ups so it can get shipped.  So worse case scenario I would say you might get it on tuesday, maybe wednesday.  If not then......my bad, LOL.

Haha well it certainly would be great if it made it in by then.

Haha well it certainly would be great if it made it in by then.

Well I got shipping info Thursday night and it is scheduled for end of day on Tuesday. SpenceSouth is in Florida vs California so it might be a little faster if shipped from Illinois.

Well I hope you ordered the white 32GB then lol. Looks like you are coming from some particularly dated phones so this is going to be quite the upgrade for you!

Lol close. I got a white 16GB. Yeah man, I'm excited. There are some 2500 LTE sites near my school that I'm itching to test :D. I'm finally joining the LTE train. Choo choo.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Two rather annoying nuisances I have noticed in my first week:

1) Lousy voicemail support. I haven't found any versions of visual voicemail that work on the N5, but even the "regular" Sprint voicemail isn't working right. It took 2 days for the voicemail indicator to pop up on my status bar, and now that I have listened to it and deleted it, it won't go away. I rebooted and hopped between 3G/LTE/Wi-Fi several times before and after getting the voicemail. I started using Google Voice, but has far more features than I want, and has increased the number of rings it takes for voicemail to pick up, even when I immediately decline the call on the device despite having nearly all of the "extras" disabled.

2) Strange issue with the stock Android e-mail application.. is anyone else able to set the display name on outgoing messages? I have tried setting up two separate IMAP accounts, but it puts my e-mail address where you would expect my name to be. No matter what I put in the "Your Name" field during the initial setup or in the settings menu after, it does not seem to use it.

-Mike

• Like 1

Just returned from a business trip with the Nexus 5 and confirmed on a longer drive what I've suspected on my short work commutes at home. I cannot keep up with the battery dissipation with any car charger when using the GPS for navigation. I've tried 4 different car chargers all of which I have used successfully with my previous note 2. Not only do these not charge the battery but they don't even maintain the battery when the GPS is on. The battery drains about 2 percent every 15 minutes.

While on my trip, I bought an AC inverter and plugged the phone into the inverter. In that situation, while using the GPS, the phone charged to 100% percent over the course of my 90 mile drive.

Just returned from a business trip with the Nexus 5 and confirmed on a longer drive what I've suspected on my short work commutes at home. I cannot keep up with the battery dissipation with any car charger when using the GPS for navigation. I've tried 4 different car chargers all of which I have used successfully with my previous note 2. Not only do these not charge the battery but they don't even maintain the battery when the GPS is on. The battery drains about 2 percent every 15 minutes. While on my trip, I bought an AC inverter and plugged the phone into the inverter. In that situation, while using the GPS, the phone charged to 100% percent over the course of my 90 mile drive.

Really?  I use this one: http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Vehicle-Adapter-micro-USB-Charger/dp/B000S5Q9CA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385353994&sr=8-1&keywords=microusb+car+charger

often with Waze (and auto brightness), and haven't noticed any problem with discharging.  It charges whenever I've paid attention, albeit slowly.

• Like 2

Just returned from a business trip with the Nexus 5 and confirmed on a longer drive what I've suspected on my short work commutes at home. I cannot keep up with the battery dissipation with any car charger when using the GPS for navigation. I've tried 4 different car chargers all of which I have used successfully with my previous note 2. Not only do these not charge the battery but they don't even maintain the battery when the GPS is on. The battery drains about 2 percent every 15 minutes. While on my trip, I bought an AC inverter and plugged the phone into the inverter. In that situation, while using the GPS, the phone charged to 100% percent over the course of my 90 mile drive.

Any charger that supports 2.1 amps or more should do the trick pretty well.

• Like 1

Any charger that supports 2.1 amps or more should do the trick pretty well.

I noticed this today on my One Max...

I have a 2.1 amp Y charger I use in my car. In one USB port I have a Beats Audio branded micro USB cable. In the other is a Motorola micro USB cable.

Even with reversing where the cables plug into, the Beats cable would always show "slow charging" on my phone. As a result, while using nav, my battery would drain while plugged in.

The Motorola cable doesn't cause my phone to slow charge and it will actually provide enough juice to charge to 100% while using nav.

Food for thought.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

I noticed this today on my One Max...

I have a 2.1 amp Y charger I use in my car. In one USB port I have a Beats Audio branded micro USB cable. In the other is a Motorola micro USB cable.

Even with reversing where the cables plug into, the Beats cable would always show "slow charging" on my phone. As a result, while using nav, my battery would drain while plugged in.

The Motorola cable doesn't cause my phone to slow charge and it will actually provide enough juice to charge to 100% while using nav.

Food for thought.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Also, keep in mind that most Y chargers that are 2.1 amp charge at the rate only if there is nothing else attached. If you always have something on one end and the phone on the other end then roughly 1.05 is going to each device.