Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Set up google voice today. All went well till i tried to make a call. It takes 15 sec to start ringing. I used the Sprint intergration. I went back and disabled it in Google Voice and the time to ring was back to normal. I went back and set up google voice for just voicemail and everything works fine. As soon as i went back and used Google Voice intergrated with sprint the ring delay came back. I am only using google voice for voicemail now as a result. I did not have this issue with my S3.

Anyone else have this problem?

• Like 2

i have an n5 but cant connect to lte. i used to sim card from my s4. even in lte only mode it stays on 3g.

Did you just pop it in the phone or did you give it to the rep along with your msid? I activated my Nexus 5 today and it loaded LTE my default.

I can see where hangouts only allowing 160 cjaracters can get annoying. I'm curious if Google set that to get us off of texting and more on hangouts through data. I have a few contacts that doesn't show up in hangouts to text but their user name with their email shows up. If I want to text them the normal way I have to go through the "people" app.

Did you just pop it in the phone or did you give it to the rep along with your msid? I activated my Nexus 5 today and it loaded LTE my default.

im in dc and im not sure if there is an eCSFB issue but the sim code is correct

edit: i cant even connect to ehrpd

im in dc and im not sure if there is an eCSFB issue but the sim code is correct

edit: i cant even connect to ehrpd

Something is wrong with the LTE provisioning between your phone/SIM and account.

You need to update your PRL...

;)

AJ

• Like 1

I updated my profile and connected to lte and as soon as I update my prl lte is gone

The PRL update part was a running joke.  A PRL has effectively no association with LTE.

AJ

• Like 1

oh.... Well lte connects but for maybe ten seconds before disappearing.

Have you read through the relevant article and thread? You are clearly experiencing e/CSFB issues.

AJ

oh.... Well lte connects but for maybe ten seconds before disappearing.

That's the eCFSB error. It connects to LTE and then it contacts the network to see if the 3G/1X side is available and drops to 3G only to preserve voice connectivity / data.

yes I have, just thought the dc area wasn't affected by it

The spreadsheet was based on data we received from Sprint that said areas that had the same vendor for legacy and NV Equipment would not have a problem. This has not entirely been the case. But we are hoping, and some have seen this, that those markets just need software updates. Have you tried other sites? 

• Like 1

The spreadsheet was based on data we received from Sprint that said areas that had the same vendor for legacy and NV Equipment would not have a problem. This has not entirely been the case. But we are hoping, and some have seen this, that those markets just need software updates. Have you tried other sites?

I will tomorrow, just got my n5 so I've been home

Set up google voice today. All went well till i tried to make a call. It takes 15 sec to start ringing. I used the Sprint intergration. I went back and disabled it in Google Voice and the time to ring was back to normal. I went back and set up google voice for just voicemail and everything works fine. As soon as i went back and used Google Voice intergrated with sprint the ring delay came back. I am only using google voice for voicemail now as a result. I did not have this issue with my S3.

I noticed that too a couple weeks ago. Took forever to make a call. Anyways, I disabled google voice in settings online (from pc). Then re enabled. Took a while to fully enable, but did after 30 minutes or so. That seemed to help. Could of been placebo as Google servers may have been overloaded. Who knows for sure. Now seems to be normal outbound calling behavior.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've used Google Voice integration for pretty much as long as they've offered it, and I've never noticed much of a delay in making calls. I do notice a small delay in receiving calls and texts, but texts are coming through much faster with the N5 on LTE than they did with my One, so that's interesting.

Nah it really didn't. I was hoping to test out ART at least on mine. Got my N5 sitting on my desk back home, so I'll be one of the groupies soon enough lol.

Have to ask... What is everyone's favorite thing about the device if they had to pick one thing? (After using the device)

My favorite thing about the N5 is its speed. Everything is just so smooth, fast, and super responsive. :)

And just a heads up for those who are rooted. Gravity Box for Xposed got an update tonight for Kitkat compatibility and it opened up many customization options. Xblast also works well with the N5, although the author still needs to update for Kitkat.

My N5 is currently protected by the gold Spigen slim armor and it's pretty nice. Well-protected in the corners, easier to grip, and the color is eye-catching.

Cant say nice things about Spigen's screen protectors though. I got their Ultra Crystal or whatever screen protector & it was utter crap. Difficult to install and air bubbles are a nightmare. And Spigen's microfiber cloth and squeegee actually ended up scratching the screen during the installation - unbelievable. Luckily, I was able to free return & get a refund through Amazon Prime.

It was my first try with a Spigen screen protector and I'll never use them again. I immediately went & ordered my longtime favorite, the Zagg HD screen protector. I have really good experiences with Zagg and their screen protectors are currently protecting all our family's smartphones.

As for what I don't like too much about the N5, it's just one thing at the moment - the low system volume levels (when typing, turning off the screen, pressing & making screen selections). Even with the Viper4Android mod, the system volume didn't change, only the ringer, music, and notification sound channels.

Well... back to triband goodness, or lack thereof, I just made it to my parent's house in downtown LA and tried enabling B41. So far, no dice. I know I had a decent Wimax signal here in my room when I had my Evo 4G, but nothing so far with the Nexus 5.

What's good, though, is I'm getting amazing B25 speeds here. I just clocked in a 17.8 Mbps down and 6.42 Mbps up speed test, and I NEVER could get past 13 down,3 up with my Galaxy S 3. This thing definitely has a strong LTE connection. I can't wait until I can see a strong B41 signal. I might take a walk to the B41 enabled site here sometime his weekend, and see if I can get a signal there.

BTW. When people say this phone is fast... It really is fast at everything. I tried toggling Airplane mode, and it's seriously instantaneous. I turn it on and I see the airplane mode icon in the status bar in a second or 2. As soon as I disable airplane mode, it connects to LTE right away. Definitely a better experience than my GS3.

• Like 4

Well... back to triband goodness, or lack thereof, I just made it to my parent's house in downtown LA and tried enabling B41. So far, no dice. I know I had a decent Wimax signal here in my room when I had my Evo 4G, but nothing so far with the Nexus 5.

What's good, though, is I'm getting amazing B25 speeds here. I just clocked in a 17.8 Mbps down and 6.42 Mbps up speed test, and I NEVER could get past 13 down,3 up with my Galaxy S 3. This thing definitely has a strong LTE connection. I can't wait until I can see a strong B41 signal. I might take a walk to the B41 enabled site here sometime his weekend, and see if I can get a signal there.

BTW. When people say this phone is fast... It really is fast at everything. I tried toggling Airplane mode, and it's seriously instantaneous. I turn it on and I see the airplane mode icon in the status bar in a second or 2. As soon as I disable airplane mode, it connects to LTE right away. Definitely a better experience than my GS3.

It's really responsible of Sprint as a company how they encourage so many nerds like us to get out and take walks or a nice leisurely drive around the towers. They really understand that obesity and solitude have long been the mortal enemy of the nerd.

I also agree regarding the speed of these devices. I haven't tried the Note 3 or Nexus 5, so I am not sure how much is the s800 processor or how much is LG design, but everything is indeed fast. Boot up is ridiculously fast. Installing apps is near instantaneous. Switching airplane mode is instant. Switching between eHRPD and LTE results in no skipping while streaming Spotify. LTE speeds are ridiculously fast, seemingly faster than most every screen shot I've seen from other phones even in my market. I tried using my EVO 3D last night with wifi and it was so slow, I nearly slammed my head into the ottoman. I cannot believe how well my G2 blazes through everything and I cannot imagine how great the Nexus 5 must be without all the added skins. I really hope LG sees an outpouring of support and respect after these two amazing phones. They deserve it. The G2 and N5 are easily better than their Galaxy counterparts.

I feel the same way. I moved to the Nexus from a S3. It is a really responsive phone. Its nice not having all the bloat. I don't even miss touchwiz anymore.

I've used Google Voice integration for pretty much as long as they've offered it, and I've never noticed much of a delay in making calls. I do notice a small delay in receiving calls and texts, but texts are coming through much faster with the N5 on LTE than they did with my One, so that's interesting.

With e/CSFB, SMS can tunnel through LTE, so there is no need to fall back to CDMA1X and wait on the typical 5.12 sec slot cycle.

AJ

• Like 2