Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Of course I just flashed Paranoid Android and now this comes out. Think I'm going to wait til the B26 issue is figured out before I switch. I have a LOT of B26 around me where I'm at.

The band 26 issues are eCSFB related from what I see. I have a sizeable amount of 26 around me and the new radio doesn't have any problems with it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

i wanted to give the .13 radio a few days before i commented on it.  there is a lot of B26 around here and in my opinion it's a step backwards compared to .15

i just flashed back to .15

• Like 1

How can I tell if I have B26 and B41 in my area? I have never seen my phone connected to them ever in LTE engineering. I'm in the south west suburbs of Chicago. Yorkville to be exact 60560.

The new radio sucks for me out here. I keep dropping back to 3g in areas I had LTE before. I'm going back to .15

Edited by WhiteWidow

So I know it is crazy but has anyone seen a mod for a multi-window like experience. I do wish I could keep 2 apps going like I did on my s4.

Yep, there is a beta xposed module called xHalo that is reported to do just that. Here is the info from XDA...

[MOD][XPOSED][iCS/JB/KK] XHaloFloatingWindow beta2.34 - Movable & Resizable Halo Popup for Xposed Framework

Let us know how it works for you.

Sent from my "Up All Night Sleep All Day" Nexus 5!

Edited by mpgrimm2
  • Like 1

I have a question for those people in a mature band 26 market: is this new radio switching to 26 as often as before? Or less than before.

Yep, there is a beta xposed module called xHalo that is reported to do just that. Here is the info from XDA...[MOD][XPOSED][iCS/JB/KK] XHaloFloatingWindow beta2.34 - Movable & Resizable Halo Popup for Xposed FrameworkLet us know how it works for you.Sent from my "Up All Night Sleep All Day" Nexus 5!

Some cool features but not all apps are working in windows. I'll test it out more and check back

I have a question for those people in a mature band 26 market: is this new radio switching to 26 as often as before? Or less than before.

On my experience .15, and .13 had roughly the same b26 time. It will vary from area to area because it is mostly up to the network regarding which hand to put you on, regarding spark enabled devices.

I'm thinking about getting the Nexus 5 and I was wondering which bands I would use since I live in a rural area with no LTE in my area yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where at in Ohio, you may be surprised as to the LTE in your area?  Quite a few rural areas outside Columbus have great LTE.

Edit: The Nexus 5 is a GREAT device and comes highly recommended on this forum.

So I don't particularly care for this phone perfomance on the newer radio. I definitely dropped to 3g before scanning again to connect to lte. It didn't hand off to the site. It's radio dbm are similar and worst than my one max in same location. So this could be Sprint getting consistentcy with spark devices. But knowing the phone is more capable and not performing to task is annoying to observe.

So I don't particularly care for this phone perfomance on the newer radio. I definitely dropped to 3g before scanning again to connect to lte. It didn't hand off to the site. It's radio dbm are similar and worst than my one max in same location. So this could be Sprint getting consistentcy with spark devices. But knowing the phone is more capable and not performing to task is annoying to observe.

If they want phone RF performance like that, then they will lose plenty more customer base. I think it is a trade off for more stable b41.

after recent update the device to a little hit i noticed it on 3g side though.  But its now spark enabled so its worth it.   Please visit this for any questions.  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5806-lg-google-nexus-5-users-thread/

Unless I am still half asleep...  Did you just link this thread?  :lol:

• Like 3

I think some of you are hitting some ecsfb issues. In that case the only radio that ignores it is the .15 radio.

Ignoring it isn't necessarily a good thing too. Missed calls and texts maybe...

In mature band 26 areas, I'm seeing band 26 used more frequently and more correctly, with proper hand-offs between sites. On sites with eCSFB issues on any band, I'm seeing a greater tendency to get pushed back to 3G.

Yea that's why I don't trust that radio.

Ignoring it isn't necessarily a good thing too. Missed calls and texts maybe...

Using an app like No+ and Google voice integration you can be on LTE with csfb issues and still gets calls. Might give it a try if you need LTE and have csfb issues.

Using an app like No+ and Google voice integration you can be on LTE with csfb issues and still gets calls. Might give it a try if you need LTE and have csfb issues.

can you link to no+

I wouldn't recommend this. Google Voice integration itself causes me to miss plenty of calls. I've had a ticket open about it for months.

They got some good data about it today though. Five of the recent examples didn't show up in my local MSC or the Google Voice switch.

• Like 1

My market has active band 26 and the radio on the nexus 5 dropped to 3g waited a few then scanned lte. Picked up band 26 then moved to band 25. It does I did observe move to band 26 more readily. The throughout of data speeds between this and my one max or pretty siginificant. it was pulling down slower speeds on the same tower and location this was at 2am and only getting about 8mbps. Compared to 24 on the one max. So something I observed as well.