Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

How can I tell if I have B26 and B41 in my area? I can see it scan them on a week LTE but never stays connected an d fall back to B25 or 3G. Is there a map of tri-band enabled towers? Sprints maps say spark is enabled but I have never connected to B26 & B41 ever. I live west of Chicago 60560 zip. At home I'm serving cell 379

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's premiere level info.

• Like 1

So it never sees B41 either? I think the general consensus is that -110dBm on B25 is not very useful for most of us (and infact might lead to some missed calls!) whereas -110dBm B41 is totally usable in most cases.

Sorry for the bad wording.  These radio numbers get me mixed up.

Both bands being present, 2.13 always uses b41 and never sees b25 (maybe because the radio deflates the dBm s).  On .15, it usually uses b41 but sometimes uses b25 (becomes of the inflated dBm s allow it to jump to b25).

I agree that the general consensus about b25 -110 signal being unusable (regardless of what radio you are on).  However, it can certainly be usable at those signal levels.  Capacity is more the issue there, maybe.  Hopefully as the network expands, b25 will improve as the other bands and carrier alleviate the pressure.

Sorry for the bad wording. These radio numbers get me mixed up.

Both bands being present, 2.13 always uses b41 and never sees b25 (maybe because the radio deflates the dBm s). On .15, it usually uses b41 but sometimes uses b25 (becomes of the inflated dBm s allow it to jump to b25).

I agree that the general consensus about b25 -110 signal being unusable (regardless of what radio you are on). However, it can certainly be usable at those signal levels. Capacity is more the issue there, maybe. Hopefully as the network expands, b25 will improve as the other bands and carrier alleviate the pressure.

The phone probably detects band 25, but 41 is prioritized in all cases. Camping on 41 is to be expect with 2.13 because Sprint wants you to be on the high capacity band whenever possible.

• Like 1

That's premiere level info.

So I have to pay to know? I'm trying to test out here but I don't know if I can even connect to these bands...

• Like 1

So I have to pay to know? I'm trying to test out here but I don't know if I can even connect to these bands...

Yes, that is Premier Sponsor information.

• Like 1

We do have maps of Band 41 towers and Band 26 towers, but the maps are reserved for the premier sponsor section.

However, you can ask your fellow members in the Chicago thread how the network is. Some of them also have N5s.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 4

Anyone hear any talk of Band 4 getting activated for the N5 following the T-Mobile merger?

By the time any merger closes, if it even happens, and plans and such are made, the Nexus 5 will be but a distant memory. We're talking 2+ years in the future.

• Like 1

I want to go back to android and it's down to two phones, the LG G2 or the Nexus 5. I live in a rural and fringe area. I have the iPhone 5s right now and my signal goes from 1-2 bars 3G. Which one would be the best choice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, a quick question. My mother recently moved back to Guam, I live in California. I was wondering how to get calling working without any extra fees for the both of us. I put this question here because I have a Nexus 5 and wanted to keep it simple.

Back to the general topic. How long does the typical roll out take to the updates? I'm still waiting for the OTA of 4.4.3 and have also noticed the device doesn't have smooth LTE hand-offs anymore (I haven't changed anything to cause the change).

By the time any merger closes, if it even happens, and plans and such are made, the Nexus 5 will be but a distant memory. We're talking 2+ years in the future.

That merger is closer than you think. Word is that is a done deal and both companies will merge to be called "SoftBank USA". We will here more about it this week.

That merger is closer than you think. Word is that is a done deal and both companies will merge to be called "SoftBank USA". We will here more about it this week.

There's already threads talking about this.

Where are you located?

Newtown Ct,  Never had this problem before im still getting data drops on 3g more frequent now.   Happens for split second enough to kill streaming and error loading page

Newtown Ct, Never had this problem before im still getting data drops on 3g more frequent now. Happens for split second enough to kill streaming and error loading page

Probably eCSFB issues due to band 26 being deployed as discussed on the last few pages.

Probably eCSFB issues due to band 26 being deployed as discussed on the last few pages.

only happened after 4.4.3 (the no lte unless cycle airplane mode)

that link takes me to this quoted post

Tapatalk doesn't handle the links correctly.

• Like 1

Tapatalk doesn't handle the links correctly.

That is why I find it flabbergasting that people who have smartphones with HD screens and full web browsers continue to use apps to parse forums.  Welcome to 2005.  For your forum usage, you might as well be back on a flip phone with a QVGA screen that runs J2ME or BREW apps.

AJ

• Like 5

That is why I find it flabbergasting that people who have smartphones with HD screens and full web browsers continue to use apps to parse forums. Welcome to 2005. For your forum usage, you might as well be back on a flip phone with a QVGA screen that runs J2ME or BREW apps.

AJ

Maybe it's because there's a user here who keeps telling people that data abuse exists and people should minimize their usage. Tapatalk will limit bandwidth usage as it doesn't need to load all of the HTML page layout.

• Like 7

That is why I find it flabbergasting that people who have smartphones with HD screens and full web browsers continue to use apps to parse forums. Welcome to 2005. For your forum usage, you might as well be back on a flip phone with a QVGA screen that runs J2ME or BREW apps.

AJ

These apps make browsing 10x faster and use much less data. Many people have many use cases.

Tapatalk is great for managing all your forums and associated notifications in one place. If I still got emails for every thread out there I subscribe to over 30 or so message boards it would be unmanageable.

Tapatalk hyperlink redirects to web pages are annoying, though... but this little app solves that!: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nevoxo.tapatalk.redirect

Each person's use case is different. I often load S4GRU on Safari on my iPhone with the full version to look at maps, but for reading posts, Tapatalk is faster.

Maybe it's because there's a user here who keeps telling people that data abuse exists and people should minimize their usage. Tapatalk will limit bandwidth usage as it doesn't need to load all of the HTML page layout.

That is a straw man argument, and you know it.  HTML browsing is never -- never -- the issue with excessive data usage.  So, give me a break.

AJ