Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I have not seen one person with a Nexus 5 in South Dakota yet, other than in my family. People ask me all the time what I'm using. I caused a near riot in the AT&T store. (OK, that's an exaggeration)

Judging by the way AT&T CS has treated you, I would think that, the moment you walked through the door at the AT&T store, lights would flash and alarms would sound.  "Intruder alert!  Unsupported handset!  Unsupported handset!"

AJ

• Like 6

Well, the Spark update is finally downloading on my Nexus 5. Guess it's time to get my phone turned back on so I can try to find Spark in Visalia.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Has anyone had this happen? This usually happens on LTE when I connect to a site with ecsfb issues but this happened on 3g.

Woah! Is that an eHRPD connection without a 1x connection!? Or is it just not reporting the radio state properly?

hepygejy.jpg

Has anyone had this happen? This usually happens on LTE when I connect to a site with ecsfb issues but this happened on 3g.

Its happened to me in at least double digit amount of times. Usually when coming from a NV area to a non NV area. Or when transitioning from very faint LTE (where SCP chimes but you never actually see it connect) back down to 3g multiple times in a brief period(like 5ish times in 10-15 seconds).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Turned my Nexus 5 back on. So far, the LTE isn't that much weaker for me. Later today I'll look for band 41 LTE. Not sure if I'll find it in Visalia or not though.

• Like 1

Are they doing the update by market???

no update for me as of yet

The updates come from Google at random. They are not issued by Sprint, or by market.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Are they doing the update by market???

no update for me as of yet

It's completely random and, I think, based solely on the serial number of your device. Geographical location means nothing.

I have not seen one person with a Nexus 5 in South Dakota yet, other than in my family. People ask me all the time what I'm using. I caused a near riot in the AT&T store. (OK, that's an exaggeration)

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I have not seen anyone else in my lifetime with another N5.  I love this phone and hope that Sprint will include the N6 if it is to exist.   

Experienced the LTE scan issue today. The phone connected to B25 fine with working eCSFB, then it found B26 and almost immediately dropped to 3G due to lack of eCSFB on 26.

I have not seen anyone else in my lifetime with another N5.

That is an odd generalization to make about a handset released only seven months ago.

AJ

• Like 2

I have not seen anyone else in my lifetime with another N5.

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack.  And you may find yourself using a Nexus 5...

AJ

• Like 2

That is an odd generalization to make about a handset released only seven months ago.

AJ

Just saying nobody around here (Iowa City) has one that I know. All Samsung phones.

After spending another day with the update, I'm experiencing the same problems as many others. Most of the time I sit camped on 3G, resetting connection I will hit band 25 LTE and be dropped back to 3G a few minutes later. It feels like Syracuse was 6-8 months ago before they had more than a few towers broadcasting LTE, and definitely not like a launched city. So far it's looking like I'll be going back to one of the older modems but I'll give it to the end of the week.

Have you flashed another ROM or are you running stock?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just saying nobody around here (Iowa City) has one that I know. All Samsung phones.

Here it is samsung, and Apple. I rarely See HTC or LG. Id say 90% of the contract phones are Samsung, or Apple

• Like 1

Completely stock for the last few days.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Hmm that's a bummer. I'm guessing that whatever issues people are having is related to their market. I've only seen my phone stay on 3g or 1x for at most 10 minutes before switching to LTE and the phone predictably will be on band 25 or 41 at the same locations every time.

Question: when in a location with known b26 connectivity (but stuck on a nearly unusable 3g connection)...why does doing a PRL update instantly connect me to b26 LTE? Of note.. I have yet to receive the spark update though I know it will come to me in very short order.

Question: when in a location with known b26 connectivity (but stuck on a nearly unusable 3g connection)...why does doing a PRL update instantly connect me to b26 LTE? Of note.. I have yet to receive the spark update though I know it will come to me in very short order.

PRL update forces a rescan of all channels.

The new radio is garbage. I can't believe sprint and Google had us wait this long only to release this crap. I was constantly camping on 3g in areas I get good LTE... forced to go back to .15 because of this. Not happy about this update for us. Seems sprint users always get the shaft.

The new radio is garbage. I can't believe sprint and Google had us wait this long only to release this crap. I was constantly camping on 3g in areas I get good LTE... forced to go back to .15 because of this. Not happy about this update for us. Seems sprint users always get the shaft.

It's not the radio, it's a bug within the sprint network. My post on the previous page explains what is happening. Also a few pages back someone posted that sprint confirmed this was the case and that network engineers are looking for a solution.

I'll reiterate here. This is not the fault of the radio. This is the fault of poor deployment of b26/41 alongside existing b25 with working eCSFB. Here is what I believe happens. The phone scans for LTE and connects to LTE on band 26/41 with broken eCSFB. Since eCSFB is broken/not added, the device falls back to 3G because the network tells it to. The radio is built with completed network upgrades in mind, where all bands have eCSFB. The phone behaves correctly for a properly deployed network. Because of the half-upgraded state of the network, Sprint has to tweak the network side to tell the phone to connect to the band with working eCSFB in the case that it finds a band without it.

It also looks like the G2 users are experiencing this http://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/27kejy/what_is_going_on/

More G2 evidence: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4886-lg-g2-users-thread/page-245&do=findComment&comment=317751

Sprint forum thread where the issue is confirmed: https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-discussion?content=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.sprint.com%2Fbaw%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F162466

Now can we please stop the b****ing about this radio until the network is fixed? I have found that this radio is on par with .15 when the incorrect reporting of signal levels on .15 is taken into account. Throughput on the new radio also seems to be improved across all bands. Once the network side is fixed up I think people will be making a 180 on their thoughts about this radio.

• Like 8

PRL update forces a rescan of all channels.

Right but I guess my real question is why the f do I have to do this in order to connect to a perfectly strong and sound b26 signal to begin with? And I think that question may be answered by outstanding ecsfb issues on b26 per several other posts.

Right but I guess my real question is why the f do I have to do this in order to connect to a perfectly strong and sound b26 signal to begin with? And I think that question may be answered by outstanding ecsfb issues on b26 per several other posts.

Yep that's right, you have to wait for eCSFB on B26 to be fixed, or use the .15 radio and miss calls and texts.

• Like 1