Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Aw geez!  My Nexus 5 should be arriving today via UPS.  I just called Sprint and they said they were 2 months backordered on the SIM cards!  That's nuts!

Anyone have a Sprint SIM card lying around???

When I ordered my sim today, I was told back order was about a week. Sure hope it is not two months. I should have my phone on Monday.

If someone wants to calculate the solar constant across one square foot -- roughly the footprint of a human being -- I propose that challenge.  I am curious to know what is the infrared/visible/ultraviolet "signal" strength in dBm.

AJ

Yeah, my degree is in Economics, so...challenge not accepted. :lol:

When I ordered my sim today, I was told back order was about a week. Sure hope it is not two months. I should have my phone on Monday.

I called and ordered a SIM January 9th and the order status still hasn't changed.  I was told 2-8 weeks backorder.  Went to a local corporate store a few days ago and they had them in stock.

Aw geez!  My Nexus 5 should be arriving today via UPS.  I just called Sprint and they said they were 2 months backordered on the SIM cards!  That's nuts!

That better not be the case, I'm ordering mine in two weeks..... I'll try online chat and my local coperate store.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I called and ordered a SIM January 9th and the order status still hasn't changed.  I was told 2-8 weeks backorder.  Went to a local corporate store a few days ago and they had them in stock.

I wouldn't be too concerned with ordering from customer service. Your best bet is going into Sprint owned stores, especially service and repair locations. Several of us here ordered from Sprint customer service and the orders were cancelled without any notification or warning. Many of us have luck through corporate stores.

I ended up calling 3 stores in my area.  I finally found one 6 miles away.  Shot down there before they closed and got me a SIM.  :tu:

Unfortunately, customer care is closed and I can't activate until tomorrow morning.  :angry:

• Like 1

...lol.  My SIM order from November 4th still has absolutely zero updates.

Yeah, my degree is in Economics, so...challenge not accepted. :lol:

Aw, I really think you could handle it.  Just the supply side economics of solar radiation.  No demand considerations whatsoever.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Aw, I really think you could handle it. Just the supply side economics of solar radiation. No demand considerations whatsoever.

;)

AJ

Wouldn't it depend on if he was a John Maynard Keynes or a Milton Freidman supporter?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Have you guys found an app that does adaptive screen orientation?  I don't want the screen to reorient itself on most of my applications but I would like it to go into landscape mode for pictures and videos.  I know HTC phones do this already, but the screen orientation features of the N5 seem a little more limited.

I talked to sprint on sunday, and they shipped the sim card on monday and it'll be here on thursday.  So...not backordered

Speaking of sim card, if one breaks a device and gets a replacement shipped to them, and the new device has a sim card in it, do you return the previous sim card even thought the package says only the device, no battery, sim card sd card accessories? What would one do with the extra sim card?

TS

Speaking of sim card, if one breaks a device and gets a replacement shipped to them, and the new device has a sim card in it, do you return the previous sim card even thought the package says only the device, no battery, sim card sd card accessories? What would one do with the extra sim card?

TS

Keep it? I still have one from my Galaxy S4.

Dammit, now I want to be a redskin, not a white boy.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

Have you guys found an app that does adaptive screen orientation?  I don't want the screen to reorient itself on most of my applications but I would like it to go into landscape mode for pictures and videos.  I know HTC phones do this already, but the screen orientation features of the N5 seem a little more limited.

I wish there was something like this as well. Samsung had something like this on their stock camera on the Galaxy S 3.

If you don't mind being rooted, I use Xposed framework and GravityBox and add an "auto rotation" button to my quicksettings tiles, so I have a quick way of activating and de-activating it.  Another option is you can try finding a power/switcher widget that has a screen auto rotation switch. I bought one for a buck or two a long time ago when I had the OG EVO called SwitchPro Widget, and it's been on all of my Android devices ever since.

It's not as ideal as a per-app screen orientation option, but it's better than having to go deep into the settings menu.

• Like 1

I just ordered a red one. 16GB.  Should be here Monday/Tuesday.  Excited!

I've never rooted/ mod a phone.  From what I've read, it only makes sense to root this one.  I'm going to have to do more research this weekend.  The last thing I want to do is break (brick) a brand new phone.

• Like 1

I just ordered a red one. 16GB. Should be here Monday/Tuesday. Excited!

I've never rooted/ mod a phone. From what I've read, it only makes sense to root this one. I'm going to have to do more research this weekend. The last thing I want to do is break (brick) a brand new phone.

Nexus devices are nearly impossible to brick.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk