Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Looks like the Red Nexus 5 is coming. Nice to see a bit more detailed information about acquiring a proper Sim card or UICC as they refer to it.

http://m.androidcentral.com/nexus-5-appears-slated-feb-4

We may get the Spark OTA update before or around Feb 4th.

• Like 1

We may get the Spark OTA update before or around Feb 4th.

Are you saying this, simply because a new revision of the phone is coming out?  I do not think the red Nexus 5 is going to have any correlation to the Spark update.  It'd be nice, but I thought you had another / inside source...

Are you saying this, simply because a new revision of the phone is coming out?  I do not think the red Nexus 5 is going to have any correlation to the Spark update.  It'd be nice, but I thought you had another / inside source...

Because of the red Nexus 5.

What brings you to that conclusion?

A new Nexus what batter time to have a update and also what has been said in the pass about the Nexus 5 getting the update about 2 weeks after the G2 did.

So as I posted a couple of days ago I switched from iPhone to the N5 and today I took the train to Santa Fe and was able to use the phone in places where I knew the iPhone struggled. What a difference! The reception was much clearer and was present in many places where the iPhone either had no reception or really struggled. Overall I'm pretty happy so far.

• Like 7

A new Nexus what batter time to have a update and also what has been said in the pass about the Nexus 5 getting the update about 2 weeks after the G2 did.

I don't think a new Nexus color would at all be related to a software update, especially since it'll have to go out to all carriers.

However, if you had just said its two weeks after the G2 update, that would have made more sense. Not that anyone has any proof of that either, as much as I'd like it to be true. :/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Anyone still noticing it can take 20 to 30 seconds for an outgoing call to go through?

Yeah on occasion. I don't particularly care to talk on the phone so part of me usually hopes it just won't connect. Needless to say it doesn't bother me much.

Anyone still noticing it can take 20 to 30 seconds for an outgoing call to go through?

Only when connected to LTE, at least for me.  It is almost like the phone / network is having issues swapping over to 1x or 1x800 from LTE to place the call.

i did until i disabled full google voice integration.  as soon as i dialed it back to handle voice mail *only* the delays went away!

• Like 2

So I understand that on android you can set up more than one user account and have one for guests etc. I can't seem to find that on this phone. Is that feature still around? thanks! :)

The guest feature is on the LG G2 not all Android phones.

So I understand that on android you can set up more than one user account and have one for guests etc. I can't seem to find that on this phone. Is that feature still around? thanks! :)

For stock devices, that's tablet only at the moment. But I'm sure someone will/has implement(ed) it in a custom ROM.

Anyone noticing increased incidents of incoming calls never making it to the Nexus 5 on LTE, despite having a strong signal? Three days in a row, my wife has come home from work and accused me of bouncing her to voicemail when she tried calling on her way home.. but my phone never rang (I swear!). It was sitting on a table untouched where I always have a solid -85 dB band 25 connection. She said that one of the times it wasn't my normal voicemail (Google Voice) recording either, it was the Sprint recording spelling out my phone number. Weird.

I was going to call Sprint, then I realized I'd rather have an excuse as to why I didn't answer a phone call.. ;)

Just curious if others have run into this often with the N5, or if it's more likely a network thing. I had it happen a few times when I first got the phone in November, but AFAIK, it hadn't happened since.

-Mike

• Like 1

Just curious if others have run into this often with the N5, or if it's more likely a network thing. I had it happen a few times when I first got the phone in November, but AFAIK, it hadn't happened since.

-Mike

Yup! With Gvoice, once disabled everything works fine. Sometimes disabling it and enabling helps as well. I get accused of the same thing on a regular basis, but I can deal with it cause I can at least see the missed call through the Gvoice app. Its a love/hate relationship with Gvoice, but the pros outweigh the con's for me, I've just learn to deal with its con's. 

• Like 1

I had that issue constantly with GV on my G2. But lately though, I've had a few instances of missed calls and delayed texts despite having a strong LTE signal and being in places that I know haven't had any CSFB issues at all. It's only been recent and I've had issues with hard handoffs to EVDO instead of eHRPD. I have seen Ericsson trucks driving around town here a lot the last few days. I am betting that some upgrades are behind this behavior.

I had that issue constantly with GV on my G2. But lately though, I've had a few instances of missed calls and delayed texts despite having a strong LTE signal and being in places that I know haven't had any CSFB issues at all. It's only been recent and I've had issues with hard handoffs to EVDO instead of eHRPD. I have seen Ericsson trucks driving around town here a lot the last few days. I am betting that some upgrades are behind this behavior.

I seems to have issues with Google Hangout coming slow sometimes while on a strong LTE connection. 

Anyone noticing increased incidents of incoming calls never making it to the Nexus 5 on LTE, despite having a strong signal? Three days in a row, my wife has come home from work and accused me of bouncing her to voicemail when she tried calling on her way home.. but my phone never rang (I swear!). It was sitting on a table untouched where I always have a solid -85 dB band 25 connection. She said that one of the times it wasn't my normal voicemail (Google Voice) recording either, it was the Sprint recording spelling out my phone number. Weird.

I was going to call Sprint, then I realized I'd rather have an excuse as to why I didn't answer a phone call.. ;)

-Mike

Same thing has been happening to me. I was having to make test calls from our phone system to my cell and it happened to me. I immediately dialed my number again and it came through. I did get my GV mailbox when the call did not come through. My dad tried calling me the other day and it never came through as well.

-Mike

Yes, I've had this happen multiple times.

Yeah it happens to me occasionally BUT it doesn't happen any more than it did when I had my EVO LTE.  Not having calls come through isn't a new development for me at least.

I might just notice it more because we are all looking at CSFB for our issues lol.

I got a email this morning from Google saying that integration had been disable for some unknown reason. First time ever seeing this and I've been with Google voice since the beginning. Had to go activate it online again.