Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

So finally went out there and was able to connect to a B41 site, One thing is clear, once your connected to B41 it will handoff without issues to different B41 sites. Held connection for about 2 and half hours. The highlight of the day was walking inside a Tmobile store (only 3blocks from a B41 site) and comparing speed test and signal strength. 

Tmobile Note 3 -101dBm DL 8mb/sec UL 3mb/sec 75ping

Sprint N5 -103dBm DL 28mb/sec UL 11mb/sec 64ping

Tmobile Iphone 5S (unknown signal strength) DL 11mb/sec UL 4mb/sec 60ping

Sprint N5 -93dBm DL 39mb/sec UL 15mb/sec 55ping

Speeds topped out around 62mb/sec with a -77dBm signal 

B41 is going to be a force to be reckoned with! 

*Also as a side note, Updating PRL seemed to do the trick for me. The key is not having a strong B25 signal but a strong B41 one.

• Like 5

*Also as a side note, Updating PRL seemed to do the trick for me. The key is not having a strong B25 signal but a strong B41 one.

Haven't had much luck with that method as of yet, but I know a good place to try it out on Monday.

Haven't had much luck with that method as of yet, but I know a good place to try it out on Monday.

I had to walk to a site that was far enough from B25 in order for it to choose B41 over B25, when I tried this method on a co-located site it would connect to B41 for a fraction of a second then switch to B25. But the interesting thing is, it would handoff to that site once I connected to B41.

Had a customer come in today with the rattling issue on his nexus so I shook mine and it does the same thing. Has anyone experienced this at all? I know it's common enough that people have obviously noticed but is it every nexus out there? Or just a select few?

Had a customer come in today with the rattling issue on his nexus so I shook mine and it does the same thing. Has anyone experienced this at all? I know it's common enough that people have obviously noticed but is it every nexus out there? Or just a select few?

I believe this is due to the image stabilization built into the lenses of the N5.

It is the buttons. The first batch of nexus 5's had this issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The rattle could be either a loose power button (supposedly tightened up on later production runs) or the OIS from the camera. Seems like those who find it most annoying are experiencing the button rattle. So many people have posted about it online that I assume it must be more blatant than I can imagine. Reports of it sounding as loud as "coins jingling" seem a bit extreme. Here's one thread; there are many others: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2512945

-Mike

I saw that thread but didn't watch to see what he did to fix it.

Admittedly I didn't search too much due to having the customer right there hovering over me wanting his phone back so I figured I'd ask here just so I knew for next time.

I'm really surprised this wasn't in the list of sprint known issues if it's this prominent.

The rattle could be either a loose power button (supposedly tightened up on later production runs) or the OIS from the camera. Seems like those who find it most annoying are experiencing the button rattle. So many people have posted about it online that I assume it must be more blatant than I can imagine. Reports of it sounding as loud as "coins jingling" seem a bit extreme. Here's one thread; there are many others: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2512945

-Mike

I guess I have a button rattle. Outside of the case, if I listen, I hear a rattle. It's not loud, but it's there. Back into the case, no rattle. 

Updating the PRL is letting my band connect to B41...

Your band is connecting to band 41?  Well, rock on!

AJ

• Like 6

Apparently Google is up to something as KOT49N has been spotted in the wild on a testing device.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2633335

Posted Image

Nothing to see here. The current build is KOT49H. KOT49N is just another build done on the same day.

Nothing to see here. The current build is KOT49H. KOT49N is just another build done on the same day.

Pretty sure Jan 10 was not the same day as kot49h...

Sent from my Nexus 5

Pretty sure Jan 10 was not the same day as kot49h...

Sent from my Nexus 5

Is it an international version nexus? I thought the nexus had a few variants based on location?