Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Just curious if anyone notice low volume on the N5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Nexus 5 speaker: Yes, there's only one — and software may be hurting what you hear [updated] http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-5-speaker-yes-there-s-only-one-and-software-may-be-hurting-what-you-hear

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It would be nice to know which markets are incumbent or non-incumbent. Or what that even means.

Every Samsung market is non-incumbent. 

29xvoti.jpg

Could this be the reason why they're also pushing to complete as many sites as possible...? At least get the NV 3G side up so devices can go on LTE... hmmm

It would be nice to know which markets are incumbent or non-incumbent. Or what that even means.

Prior to Network Vision, Sprint's legacy infrastructure vendors were Ericsson (Nortel), Alcatel-Lucent (Lucent), and Motorola.  As I recall, only Puerto Rico had Samsung infrastructure, and it may have even been replaced due to problems.

AJ

The Nexus 5 speaker: Yes, there's only one — and software may be hurting what you hear [updated] http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-5-speaker-yes-there-s-only-one-and-software-may-be-hurting-what-you-hear

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

At least they are working on it and it is known.

Prior to Network Vision, Sprint's legacy infrastructure vendors were Ericsson (Nortel), Alcatel-Lucent (Lucent), and Motorola.  As I recall, only Puerto Rico had Samsung infrastructure, and it may have even been replaced due to problems.

AJ

I still don't think i fully understand. Are we saying that Samsung markets are non-incumbent?

Even if all Samsung markets are non - incumbent markets in at least some of them, they don't appear to be turning on 4G sporadically any more. They seem to be doing a massive sweep across an entire market, delaying towers from going live that could go live until the entire market is ready with 4G and NV. If that happens, then if I understand this correctly, we won't experience the problem even if it is a non - incumbent market.

Every Samsung market is non-incumbent. 

Could this be the reason why they're also pushing to complete as many sites as possible...? At least get the NV 3G side up so devices can go on LTE... hmmm

Here in the Milwaukee market, they were doing 4G only towers for about a month or two trying to get as many 4G towers up and running. Since then they are only activating towers as fully complete, and bringing them up in clusters.

Ok, after some testing in NYC with my N5, as stated before it does an excellent job of holding LTE, better than my HTC One or my GS3 by far. The problem that I seem to be having is once it does lose LTE and drops to 3G, it wont switch back to LTE until I toggle airplane mode. But luckly most of the places I travel have some sort of LTE. But, it definitely has issues switching back to LTE here in Alcatel land. Hopefully NYC is  minimally affected by these eCSFB issues considering we are soo far along.

Samsung markets shine once again. Way to go Samsung! Hopefully Sprint will light a fire under Ericsson and get off their lazy rears and do some 3g integrations on the 4g only sites.

Sounds like none of these new devices should have launched like this. The average consumer is just going to say Sprint sucks.. Take the phone back and be done with the service.

I started as a new Sprint customer in early October.  I got a Samsung Galaxy Note 3.  The first unit had an issue with the home button sticking under the front bezel.  You had to push the opposite side to get it to pop out again and be functional.  That GN3 was replaced by the store with another GN3 which had a bad LTE radio.  It worked, but got much slower data speeds than the unit with the bad home button.  The store let me borrow their display unit (GN3) to test against my second GN3 and it proved out the slow data speeds of my second GN3.  At this point, I decided to leave Sprint and come back when a TRI BAND device was available.  Then I found the LG G2.  I thought this was the answer to all my wants and needs.  Great data speed and great in-building penetration.  Sprint let me come back as a pre-order customer in early November. 

I purchased the LG G2 specifically for TRI BAND.  I wanted the in-building penetration that the lower frequency could give me.  I was very willing to wait until the "Spark" upgrade took place in early 2014 which would add the additinal two bands to my G2.  I'm currently also a Verizon customer.  I was going to port my number over to Sprint once I was sure that I had a working phone from Sprint.  Now, I'm in the scenario that if I want to wait until Sprint fixes this tower/device incompatibility issue, I would have to pay for two phone numbers.  The G2 I have will only get 3G.  I use my device quite frequently at work where there is no WiFi and I need the data speeds that 4G provides me with.  This sucks.

With a rollout as big as Sprint Spark, one would think that they would at least have tested some devices in numerous markets to make sure all was well before this was generally released to the public.  I'm afraid once the media picks up on this, it's going to make Sprint look really bad and leave a bad taste in many consumers mouths!  This is quite the blunder!

Before any of this has started to happen were the Samsung sites ever going to have the NV part of the upgrade done?  Why weren't they doing both at the same time?  Is there a technical limitation of some sort or was it they just wanted LTE rolled out as fast as possible and didn't care about the 3G?  Seems like a waste to do the LTE part then go back and do the 3G part. 

I am awfully afraid I am in a no mans land now that is going to be bad for a very long time unless you get the right handset, which is the wrong handset for me.  How could they not have known this would happen?

Announcement:

In anticipation of potential evidence collection and discussion, I put in a placeholder for a Nexus 5 LTE issues thread a few days ago, then hid the thread. I will unveil it again in just a moment. It will be retitled the LG G2/Nexus 5 LTE issues thread. It may even expand to include Samsung and HTC tri band handsets. We believe now that the issue has been pinpointed to be an eCSFB conflict between Network Vision and legacy infrastructure in certain markets and on certain sites.

Stand by...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5001-lg-g2nexus-5-lte-issues-thread/

AJ

Is there a explanation of what eCFSB is anywhere?

If the NV upgrades are to blame then why do some users report LTE spontaneously flipping on after 2-3 days of owning the phone? Mine was one that did it. All towers in my area use Samsung equipment. LTE spontaneously started working for me after 3days. LTE has been live in my area for weeks and I had no issues with the GN3. I still think we're missing something. The towers in my area didn't magically get an NV upgrade over night.

Would eCFSB as the explanation states not allow you to accept an incoming call... this happened to me last night when my friend was calling... I couldnt accept it but later figured it was a glitch issue... But that isnt the first time a call would come through my googletalk and not ring on my phone... Its happens a lot!

If the NV upgrades are to blame then why do some users report LTE spontaneously flipping on after 2-3 days of owning the phone? Mine was one that did it. All towers in my area use Samsung equipment. LTE spontaneously started working for me after 3days. LTE has been live in my area for weeks and I had no issues with the GN3. I still think we're missing something. The towers in my area didn't magically get an NV upgrade over night.

Its possible that 3G was accepted in a matter of days on the tower that you typically connect to. As unlikely as that sounds, anything really is possible

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So, the way I am reading this is if we go to this thread and if our market has the same vendor for NV and Legacy, then that market is incumbent. If they are different vendors, then that would be a non-incumbent market. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I wasn't hoping to start a Sprint flame war.

I'm sure there's reasons for everything. As a multi billion dollar company, they wouldn't purposefully do something like this because they didn't see it coming. The benefits has to outweigh the short term cons.

I understand some of you feel let down, but at least we somewhat got this issue figured out while we are all still well within our 14 day return policy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4