Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

crude, just another guy with a 'big tool' (so he declares) when I actually have to break out my magnifying glass and tweezers when 'push comes to shove'

been there done that

and someone else said a female amongst a 'sausagefest', a dude btw with a corny avatar

why would another guy be thinking about all the other penis's surrounding him ??

strange to say the least....

and why can't a lady/woman/female join a forum and not be lambasted with crude statements and treatment ?!!!

FFS a woman wants romance, flowers and niceness before you get 'in her'

and any asshat who doesn't get that, well don't even try

So you have an avatar like that, tell everyone to Google image for pics of you and then you complain when guys start making comments? Okay... Yeah.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Has anyone had experience with the Nexus 5 in a Shentel area? I live in the DC area and the LTE performance has been great there. Yesterday I traveled through Gettysburg and Harrisburg expecting great LTE there as well especially since my old EVO LTE worked good there. Not only did I not connect to any LTE, I could not even connect to 3g. The entire time the phone had a 1x icon displayed and Signal Check confirmed only 1x. PRL and profile updated. I expected possible LTE issues but not 3g

So you have an avatar like that, tell everyone to Google image for pics of you and then you complain when guys start making comments? Okay... Yeah.

they removed my Avatar few days ago.it was a head of a sheep my dad butcher.(tasted good by the way lol) .some of the guys here thought i was cult member/chain saw killer ,,,,lol. later on the Admin asked me to use a PG13 avatar .

From the Signalcheck Pro description:

What's New

Version 4.171 (11/6/2013):

Removed recognition of Sprint LTE Band 41 connections. Feature will be improved and included in a future.

Haha, sorry Mike. It was very early in the morning and I was perusing the forums while half awake. I had previously saved the change log update and had posted on other forums wherein people were citing Signalcheck as proof their Nexus 5 wasn't connecting to any other bands.

Also, I was able to get my msl from sprint chat simply by saying I needed to reset my phone. The rep gave it up immediately. I have my N5 set to all bands and have checked debug, but only band 25 north of New Orleans.

LTE issues thread would be awesome

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This Idea was shot down about 40 pages back.

what's your screen on time?

I don't know exactly how much time the screen was on, I didn't time it, but the second picture shows a graph.

I just received my sprint ordered black 16g N5

there is NO Sprint logo/markings anywhere on phone or box

took out sprint sim and going to power on without it

will be putting in a tmo prepaid sim later today

did TMO prepay SIM work?

The Idea was shot down about 40 pages back.

I don't know exactly how much time the screen was on, I didn't time it, but the second picture shows a graph.

next time before you click on the graph, when it shows you a list of things that are using your battery go the the screen and you'll be able to see how long you had the screen on.

Just to clarify for you guys.. SignalCheck should "pick up" LTE on any band -- it will just not tell you which band is connected. What was removed in the last update was only the Band 41 indicator, because it was not as accurate as I hoped. Right now, the app will just indicate that you are connected to LTE, no matter if it's Band 4, 13, 25, 26, 41, or any other.

tprevett, when you were connected to LTE, what did SignalCheck show instead?

For the record, I have not seen any indication that anyone with a Nexus 5 has connected to any LTE other than Band 25.

-Mike

Hey mike.. just wanted to verify..

I forced my phone on LTE using the System Shortcuts/radio info screen.. LTE engineering screen says band 25, signal check pro say.. NO Cellular connection..  WIFI is off, and I am able to speedtest 2mbps down an up.. (It's a very poor connection)..  Just FYI... Let me know if you want me to do anything more and report it in the SignalCheck pro forum..

next time before you click on the graph, when it shows you a list of things that are using your battery go the the screen and you'll be able to see how long you had the screen on.

I'm going to guess and say 35%, it was a light use day.

crude, just another guy with a 'big tool' (so he declares) when I actually have to break out my magnifying glass and tweezers when 'push comes to shove'

been there done that

and someone else said a female amongst a 'sausagefest', a dude btw with a corny avatar

why would another guy be thinking about all the other penis's surrounding him ??

strange to say the least....

and why can't a lady/woman/female join a forum and not be lambasted with crude statements and treatment ?!!!

FFS a woman wants romance, flowers and niceness before you get 'in her'

and any asshat who doesn't get that, well don't even try

Eh, I'm married.....I was just being funny and pointing out that we are 99% male here at S4GRU.

• Like 2

Haha, sorry Mike. It was very early in the morning and I was perusing the forums while half awake. I had previously saved the change log update and had posted on other forums wherein people were citing Signalcheck as proof their Nexus 5 wasn't connecting to any other bands.

Also, I was able to get my msl from sprint chat simply by saying I needed to reset my phone. The rep gave it up immediately. I have my N5 set to all bands and have checked debug, but only band 25 north of New Orleans.

NOLA wasn't a WiMax market so I wouldn't expect band 41 LTE for a while and since we are Ericsson I wouldn't count on band 26 for quite a while either. They must figure out the 1x800 rollout first which they are still stumbling on to get going. Still working on rolling out 1900 1x/EVDO, they had good progress in June with the 3G rollout but ran into issues and haven't started it again. One must learn to crawl before you can run.

Need I point out that your username is cosplaygirrrl?  If you cannot roll with the punches of cosplay jokes, then you should probably choose a different username.  S4GRU has some of the most technically astute individuals that you will find anywhere posting about the Sprint network, but we also like to have some fun along the way.

AJ

• Like 10

Interesting... I travelled through Greensboro and Winston-Salem today and had the same issue there -- LTE displays for a split second then drops to 3G. 

I was heading East. Picked it up west of Wilson, held it through Farmville (population of like 13) and had a crazy strong signal in Greenville.

I'm sitting in my house in Durham where my Evo LTE had plenty of LTE service and I can't get anything from my N5. It's currently on Global, when I switched it to LTE I wasn't getting anything either. Maybe I need to change get some other settings?

Nothing wrong with your phone. Nothing wrong with your settings. Something is wrong with the Network in the triangle. No idea when or how Sprint will fix this, whether it will require a phone update (god I hope not that could take forever) or a network update (might be quicker?)

Interesting the G2 is having this issue too, hate it for you guys, but its good that this will prob make Sprint fix it faster.

Saw somewhere else the suggestion to report this to Android Blogs to get some press going to hopefully get Sprint motivated for a fix. I'd suggest others submit tips too, maybe S4GRU can write a blog post a "scoop" all the blogs again? Issues were first reported here!

You guys are a horrible influence lol.  I just pulled the trigger and ordered the Black 16GB model.  Ahhhh my poor bank account.

I'll let you guys know when it gets here and I am officially a part of Club Nexus lol.  Supposed to ship on 12/3

• Like 6

Need I point out that your username is cosplaygirrrl? If you cannot roll with the punches of cosplay jokes, then you should probably choose a different username. S4GRU has some of the most technically astute individuals that you will find anywhere posting about the Sprint network, but we also like to have some fun along the way.

AJ

I have no idea what even cosplay is. I can he pretty naive. I asked my son, and he didn't even know. But he was raised by me. So there you go.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Except an HP printing app that has a three star rating in the play store....

Which comes stock from Google too, and is part of KitKat's printing services.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

No issues here using T-Mo and AIO prepaid SIMs.

On a phone purchased from google, or a a phone purchased from sprint Or bestbuy marketed as a sprint phone?

Are any N5 users in cities that have Spark activated noticing that they get better and more reliable data speeds than they were with their previous device on regular LTE and 3G? I have a N5 that I'm using on Tmobile because my iPhone 5 on Sprint is so slow - data in downtown Fort Lauderdale is always 1x. I'm wondering whether it's worth trying the N5 on Sprint to see if tri-band makes any improvement? I guess my next question would be, if I try it and it doesn't work, how easy is it going back to Tmobile? I gather I can't just switch sims like you can between tmobile and ATT.