Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I have no idea what even cosplay is. I can he pretty naive. I asked my son, and he didn't even know. But he was raised by me. So there you go.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

It is basically when people dress up as their favorite characters from fiction anime, video games, movies, etc. Girls tend to make modifications to make the costume a lot more sexy than the original. Hence the name cosplay costume play.

• Like 1

I live in fort worth and LTE connectivity has been awesome. Rarely do I see 3g, have a white 32gb . anyone know if the DFW is scheduled for tri band anytime soon

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by parmend
  • Like 1

I live in fort worth and LTE connectivity has been awesome. Rarely do I see 3g, have a white 32gb . anyone know if the DFW is scheduled for trip band anytime soon

Glad someone from DFW is able to share their LTE experience with this phone.  I was beginning to worry a bit.  I ordered mine on 11/7 and it says I will get it on 12/3, but hopefully it will be sooner.  Can't wait!!!

Well, Sprint/Google have exactly 12 more days for me to see some type of fix or time-line for a fix with this LTE problem. I just took a step backwards from my Evo LTE, that at least got some LTE service. Now I have none.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Glad someone from DFW is able to share their LTE experience with this phone. I was beginning to worry a bit. I ordered mine on 11/7 and it says I will get it on 12/3, but hopefully it will be sooner. Can't wait!!!

ordered from google and it said 2-3 weeks but 5 days later the phone arrived so maybe you'll get it soon .

• Like 1

I bet you didn't think that was possible ;)

Yep, didn't expect that. It was a great phone besides the awful reception issues. Now I've got another great phone that supposedly has a good good signal strength but I'm in a market that's causing an issue with triband.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That seems like a great recipe to alienate 50% of the population from becoming members/donators to this outstanding website.   :lol:

About 90 percent of the population does not care to know when, where, why, how -- they just blindly want it to work.  So, our potential audience is limited to roughly the 10 percent that actually seek to understand wireless networks and make informed decisions.  And of that 10 percent, seemingly 90 percent are male.  Well, do the math...

;)

AJ

I have no idea what even cosplay is. I can he pretty naive. I asked my son, and he didn't even know. But he was raised by me. So there you go.

Now, your son is going to go out into the world and not know what to do because you failed to teach him about the birds, the bees, and cosplay.

:P

AJ

• Like 2

So out of those of us having LTE connectivity issues, has anyone contacted Sprint? What are they saying?

Sent from my Nexus 5

I've been told by chat that there are no known issues with the network, and they couldn't troubleshoot the phone. Then told to go to a Sprint repair store for further assistance.

I've been told by chat that there are no known issues with the network, and they couldn't troubleshoot the phone. Then told to go to a Sprint repair store for further assistance.

Classic Sprint.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I just had a chat with Sprint for my area, they are going to have Network Techs look at my issue.

That's good news. Every time they say "no known issues" I want to say ”that's why I'm letting you know ”

Just tried my local Best Buy and they refused to price match Google Play for the Nexus 5.  What a silly company decision.  I guess I'll have to buy mine thru the Play Store after all.

I would have bought it online right in front of the associate.

• Like 2

Glad someone from DFW is able to share their LTE experience with this phone. I was beginning to worry a bit. I ordered mine on 11/7 and it says I will get it on 12/3, but hopefully it will be sooner. Can't wait!!!

Also in Fort Worth. Great connectivity here.

I'm sure this has been addressed many times over, but for those who are joining and jumping to the end of the thread... I was able to order a SIM card for the Nexus quick and easy at the following link:

http://sprintworldwide.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

Told them I needed a SIM for the Nexus and they said they will have it ship on the 11th.  Took two minutes with no hassle. 

• Like 4

I'm sure this has been addressed many times over, but for those who are joining and jumping to the end of the thread... I was able to order a SIM card for the Nexus quick and easy at the following link:

http://sprintworldwide.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

Told them I needed a SIM for the Nexus and they said they will have it ship on the 11th.  Took two minutes with no hassle. 

I ordered my SIM card from echat on Thursday right after I bought my Nexus 5 it from Google Play store.  It was quick and painless, but even today I still have yet to see a tracking #.  Let me know if you get a tracking #, as I might have to get back onto echat and see where my order stands.

So out of those of us having LTE connectivity issues, has anyone contacted Sprint? What are they saying?

Sent from my Nexus 5

I have contacted them numerous times. Finally got someone to open up a ticket. I gave them the site location that my nexus refuses to connect to.

• Like 1

I ordered my SIM card from echat on Thursday right after I bought my Nexus 5 it from Google Play store.  It was quick and painless, but even today I still have yet to see a tracking #.  Let me know if you get a tracking #, as I might have to get back onto echat and see where my order stands.

Will do.  They actually said that SIMs were on backorder and were going to be shipping on the 11th.  That could by why you haven't gotten one yet.

Got the phone yesterday from Sprint, its great and luckily I don't have any issues with LTE connectivity whatsoever. Works great out of the box. My only gripe its with the voicemail. Receive a call, let it go to voicemail and it won't show any voicemail notification. Have to dial 1 to go into voicemail to check if I have a voicemail. Can't do Google Voice, because it doesn't work in Puerto Rico. My last Android phone (Gingerbread 2.3) at least I received a visual notification that I had voicemail. Now nada. Besides Google Voice, anyone receives a voicemail notificaction? Any ideas?