Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Samsung markets shine once again. Way to go Samsung! Hopefully Sprint will light a fire under Ericsson and get off their lazy rears and do some 3g integrations on the 4g only sites.

Sounds like none of these new devices should have launched like this. The average consumer is just going to say Sprint sucks.. Take the phone back and be done with the service.

Launching devices that won't work properly in many large markets was a mistake, but that's nothing new for Sprint at this point.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Launching devices that won't work properly in many large markets was a mistake, but that's nothing new for Sprint at this point.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Just puts a bigger black eye on a company trying to pull the nose up. Not good at all. Not good at all.

• Like 1

I would request s4gru to post (or allow someone to post) a list of the affected cities to help educate the masses.

Perhaps this would be best done on the blog so other sites can pick it up.

Yes, I fully agree.  But we need evidence to substantiate such a claim before we post an article.  We are currently trying to gather that evidence via user submission in the just opened LG G2/Nexus 5 issues thread that I linked a few posts above.

AJ

• Like 2

Sent from my Nexus 5

Just puts a bigger black eye on a company trying to pull the nose up. Not good at all. Not good at all.

Probably didn't anticipate a lot of people purchasing the device. I remember when I was working there when the Galaxy Nexus launched not a lot of people bought it. Plus, I feel like Sprint still is not too excited about the idea of activating unlocked devices. Isn't the nexus 5's they carry not having any issues?

I'm glad I'm with Ting now. With Ting busting hump to get Sprint to allow them to activate the N5 I'm glad that I can take the phone to a competitor until /if/when Sprint fixes this and many other issues

Can someone please Link me to this map where I can attempt to locate this ''purple area'' :) 

Please and Thanks.

I started a thread here a few days ago. : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2515200

I have tried everything.. Called them so many times. I can not get LTE and talk/sms 

Yes, I fully agree.  But we need evidence to substantiate such a claim before we post an article.  We are currently trying to gather that evidence via user submission in the just opened LG G2/Nexus 5 issues thread that I linked a few posts above.

AJ

Did you see fuunkychickens post with the document from sprint? I guess you still need to verify it but that should be a good start.

Can someone please Link me to this map where I can attempt to locate this ''purple area'' :)

Please and Thanks.

I started a thread here a few days ago. : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2515200

I have tried everything.. Called them so many times. I can not get LTE and talk/sms 

Gotta be a sponsor to have access to it.

Okay, I was successfully able to remove my Tmobile sim from my Nexus 5, put in a Sprint sim (which I got at the local store) and transfer the existing Sprint service from my iPhone 5.  I'm supposedly in a Spark area, but I didn't notice a stronger signal or better speeds.  What I did find is that if I lost LTE and the phone went to 3G, even once I returned to an area that I know had strong LTE, the phone stayed on 3G unless I toggled airplane mode.  I played around with it for a few hours, mapped the areas around my house on Sensorly, but ultimately the Sprint experience on this phone was extremely inferior to what I was getting with the Tmobile SIM, so I just switched back.  Maybe in time I'll try it again, but for now I'm going to keep my iPhone on Sprint and the Nexus 5 on Tmobile.  What is good to know is that switching between Sprint and Tmobile is *almost* as easy as it is between GSM carriers - and activating on Sprint doesn't affect the fact that the Google Play version is unlocked.  (The rep at the store told me that once I activated it would lock the phone to Sprint - not so!!)

• Like 1

Sounds like none of these new devices should have launched like this. The average consumer is just going to say Sprint sucks.. Take the phone back and be done with the service.

I wouldn't consider myself an "average consumer" but if what fuunkychicken posted holds water, Sprint can consider me as good as gone. Six years of folly is long enough. 

Did you see fuunkychickens post with the document from sprint? I guess you still need to verify it but that should be a good start.

Yes, I did see the exceedingly informative insider info posts from both halcyoncmdr and fuunkychicken.  What we are attempting to do is corroborate that info with real world experience.  If the correlation is strong, then we can go to press with a solid explanation.  S4GRU prides itself on providing accurate reporting.

AJ

• Like 8

I wouldn't consider myself an "average consumer" but if what fuunkychicken posted holds water, Sprint can consider me as good as gone. Six years of folly is long enough.

I'd be jumping ship too, but just added my mom and dad to my plan and don't want to deal with switching them around.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thought I'd share my first weekend day's battery experience. This was captured at 24% battery capacity left. No 4G in the area. Mix of WiFi and 3G. Total screen on time was 2 hrs 6 min.

a9ahutyg.jpg

• Like 1

Could you please share. I live on the border of West Virginia and Maryland. About an hour from Baltimore. Is my area purple?

You can learn how to become a sponsor here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

• Like 3

Could you please share. I live on the border of West Virginia and Maryland. About an hour from Baltimore. Is my area purple?

S4GRU and staff work very hard to make this site to be a great resource for insider information, troubleshooting, upcoming devices, network visions, etc. What little donates they receive is what enables them to keep this site up and running. That being said, I am not pushing you to donate but it definitely has its perks. Personally, I plan on becoming a Premier Sponsor as soon as I can. Not that I do not want to help you out, some information has been deemed confidential to sponsors only. 

• Like 6

Just did, but can't find the particular map in reference

Color yourself mostly purple...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/

AJ