LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

2 carriers of Band 41 LTE found in Henderson, NV today. Anyone in Vegas with a CA capable phone want to see if CA is enabled. Message me for location.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

In San Diego, if there is a 2nd carrier, CA is available.  Thats from my observation.  The better the signal quality (better than -100 RSRP) the better odds of seeing CA.  All new B41 sites recently in San Diego are being turned on with 2nd carrier and CA.  

• Like 2

In San Diego, if there is a 2nd carrier, CA is available. Thats from my observation. The better the signal quality (better than -100 RSRP) the better odds of seeing CA. All new B41 sites recently in San Diego are being turned on with 2nd carrier and CA.

Where I was at it was 5 dots of LTE, so I know the tower was close, so it should be easy to find it. Too bad I don't have a CA capable phone.

Where I was at it was 5 dots of LTE, so I know the tower was close, so it should be easy to find it. Too bad I don't have a CA capable phone.

Houston had also slowly expanded the number of B41 2nd carriers on both new 8t8r equipment and Clearwire equipment. I've caught my phone bouncing back and forth between both Clear B41 carriers.

g2oRFwPh.png

MONXKKkh.png

• Like 1

you know they are rolling it out everywhere when 2nd carrier/CA shows up in des moines, IA where there are only 12 B41 towers live currently :D;)

omaha, NE is also showing 2nd carrier/CA as well!

• Like 5

Grrrrr, I still have exactly 0 band 41 towers in my market. I recently got back from Tampa and was able to get >100mbps on a CA enabled site there. I'm about to throw a virgin in a volcano so maybe I'll get some of that sweet aggregated love.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

My home clear tower has been down all day. Maybe b41 second carrier will pop up haha

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Moderately Okay Tapatalk

Could it be related to any sort of Clear to Sprint conversion? Might be time to take a trip to see what's up tomorrow.

• Like 2

Grrrrr, I still have exactly 0 band 41 towers in my market. I recently got back from Tampa and was able to get >100mbps on a CA enabled site there. I'm about to throw a virgin in a volcano so maybe I'll get some of that sweet aggregated love.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It's a good thing, then, that we've got widespread CA here in Atlanta because one thing we certainly lack are virgins. Like, at all. Come to think of it, I haven't seen any volcanoes in the region, either. Of course, unless, Stone Mountain is simply sleeping lol.

Regarding CA, do the 2 carriers have to come from the same tower, or can it aggregate from 2 different B41 towers?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Can come from any source but since they're using intraband adjacent carrier aggregation one will likely never get B41 from another cell site that's stronger than the one they're being served from already. . 

• Like 4

You sure that's CA? I've gotten speeds as high as 72 Mb per second for downlink and usually get around 10 to 13 Mb per second on my iPhone 6

It's very possible that it is. Massachusetts is one of the areas where there are two B41 carriers running. This user could very well be using CA but the site is heavy loaded so you don't get those insane 90Mbps+ speed tests.

• Like 1

Should show some improvements though, B41 is usually around 10-15Mbps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You will know when a 2nd B41 is up and you're connected to it by looking at Signalcheck and the ending of the GCI or checking the EARFCNs in engineering mode. EARFCN is separated by 198 from first carrier to second carrier like 40978 + 198 = 41176. 

• Like 3

It's very possible that it is. Massachusetts is one of the areas where there are two B41 carriers running. This user could very well be using CA but the site is heavy loaded so you don't get those insane 90Mbps+ speed tests.

if it's a heavily loaded tower you will have to wait until 3 carrier aggregation to get those insane speeds back, until then you will have to suffer though 20-40 meg internet on your phone.. ( :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of 3 carrier aggregation, does anyone know when sprint is targeting a release for that

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I doubt it will happen until devices support it. I'm guessing 2016.

I doubt it will happen until devices support it. I'm guessing 2016.

I guess I'm spoiled. Basically anywhere that has a band 41 connection has great speed on it. With CA in atlanta its around 30 to 40 mbps except at pro sport events where CA spark is around 3mbps. Even the clearwire band 41 has CA so clear 41 is fast too. Still i just love seeing the speeds get higher so although i dont need 3 carrier aggregation, im excited to see it

Speaking of 3 carrier aggregation, does anyone know when sprint is targeting a release for that

2h 2016.

Devices will be released in 1h 2016 like the next few LG and Samsung flagships.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1