LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

You seem horribly argumentative and, I might add, quite unnecessarily. We don't have to agree. My goal isn't to make you agree. In fact, I don't care if you agree. So let's move along, shall we?

It's not like that but I will have to agree to disagree. Let's just leave it at that.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Anyone ever actually  use public wifi?  I live in the land of 10Gbps and all the places I go use public wifi (for testing purposes only), I am luck to get 1Mbps and ping is always over 100ms.  Yeah, not going to use that.  That is on par with what I get on Sprint EVDO/eHPRD around here.

Its rare to go to a business that actually has usable speeds, and just as rare have no ToS wall.

• Like 4

I have a guy at work that would leave AT&T for Sprint if only he were able to do voice and data at the same time.

He does a lot of tethering (legal) with his iPhone and Macbook and would hate to lose a data connection when receiving or placing phone calls.

I've never really used voice and data at the same time so I can live without what I've never had, but potential new Sprint customers may not want to give up that capability.

Yep, I know a few folks like that as well, and most of them just deal as needed.

I feel sorry for people who are required to or feel the need to talk on their cellphones. It is such an unpleasant form of communication. I cannot recall the last time that I made an actual cellphone call. Oddly, I have made two phone calls in the past two days. But both calls were via Gmail VoIP from my laptop, and this was an anomalous week. I might go another month without making a phone call.

AJ

Despite the fact I'm way younger than you AJ, I personally love phone calls with my girlfriend and friends. Way more intimate, faster, clearer... Plus I get to save battery! It's a jackpot for me.

• Like 1

Despite the fact I'm way younger than you AJ...

I am unsure if that is a caveat or an insult.  I am not all that old.  But, yes, I was already in college when you were conceived.  You just missed a lot of interesting life -- the first Gulf War, Grunge rock, both Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64, "Pulp Fiction," Netscape, etc.  And that was only the 1990s, when you were a twinkle in your father's eye or a drooling infant.  You really were not cognizant until the 2010s.

In the grand scheme, you are still a baby...

AJ

• Like 3

Despite the fact I'm way younger than you AJ, I personally love phone calls with my girlfriend and friends. Way more intimate, faster, clearer... Plus I get to save battery! It's a jackpot for me.

Yeah AJ, I also love intimate phone calls with payturr's girlfriend!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 2

I don't see how someone claiming to be younger than someone else is an insult. Being older is better. More experienced and of course, much closer to the final moment of life, where all is answered. Nothing is greater than that in this life, and the closer to it, the better, in my opinion. However, that is how I see things.

Also, I can understand another point to AJ's comment. AJ does have alot of insight and knowledge of wireless tech and spends a great deal of time informing others of what he knows. Because of this, it is natural for people to think he must spend alot of time using his mobile devices for talking and using a bunch of data. However, he has stated quite the opposite. He doesn't like talking on those and is conservative of data use. This I completely understand, and here's why...

I use to go out to eat alot before my health began worsening so rapidly to the point I rarely go out, which even this year has greatly reduced that enough that I'm not even using as much data as I was when I became a member here on S4GRU back in the Spring.

Anyways, there was a Hibachi/Teppanyaki restaurant I use to go to often in the mid 90s, where I befriended one of the chefs there. One time, I made a comment to him about how he must get really hungry cooking there so often. At the time, his response really surprised me, though now I definitely understand what he meant.

He told me that when you spend so much time doing something you love for others, making them happy with what you produce and provide to them, you have no desire to use that for yourself. When you spend time learning something and becoming so good at sharing that knowledge with others, your own usage of that becomes less important.

It could very well mean AJ just really likes to share with others his knowledge from his experiences, which he has little interest of it for his own means, other than what is necessary.

• Like 2

I can definitely say that me being over the hill, having been around for Vietnam, Granada, Panama, both gulf wars, and a few other interdictions, and still remembering it all. That I take nothing as a insult unless you call me late for dinner, then you are dead meat.

• Like 6

I can definitely say that me being over the hill, having been around for Vietnam, Granada, Panama, both gulf wars, and a few other interdictions, and still remembering it all. That I take nothing as a insult unless you call me late for dinner, then you are dead meat.

And if it is me, and it is fried chicken, then they are dead meat too.

• Like 3

I am unsure if that is a caveat or an insult.  I am not all that old.  But, yes, I was already in college when you were conceived.  You just missed a lot of interesting life -- the first Gulf War, Grunge rock, both Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64, "Pulp Fiction," Netscape, etc.  And that was only the 1990s, when you were a twinkle in your father's eye or a drooling infant.  You really were not cognizant until the 2010s.

AJ

AJ, I jumped on your less at Super Nintendo! (Super Baseball 2020) haha =D

Remember when the internet consisted of having to make sure no one in the house was expecting an important phone call before connecting? Kids these days don't even know the struggle...or having to clean the games on older gaming consoles...

OR OR OR I have another. Before mobile phones and gaming devices were invented. Or when they got color screens! 

Edited by HTCandroid
  • Like 2

Or better yet, when TVs with turn knobs were still sold under the Montgomery Ward brand....

Too far back?

Montgomery Ward?  No, no.  Curtis Mathes.  Now, that was a good TV.

AJ

• Like 1

Montgomery Ward? No, no. Curtis Mathes. Now, that was a good TV.

AJ

Those little small (to today's standards) Montgomery Ward TV sets with turn knobs had the best reception performance of any TV I've ever had. It was still in use in our garage up until the end of Analog TV. Living out in Southwest Louisiana made one get used to a little snow in our prime time tv shows. Once digital was forced upon us, we were forced to buy cable and store the Montgomery Ward TV somewhere in our storage den since digital won't work out there. DXing on those older sets is something that people nowdays will never get to experience or truly appreciate. Digital has obliriated the art of DXing. I'll always cherish those summer nights when a Mexican TV station would skip across the gulf and into our TV sets. Back then, it was an amazing feat to be able to see what was going on in another market. For whatever reason, watching infomercials from Tampa Bay, FL was just a lot more interesting than our local TV infomercials.
  • Like 2

Montgomery Ward? No, no. Curtis Mathes. Now, that was a good TV.

AJ

Ahh, yes. Curtis Mathes. My Uncle Pat worked for them way back in the day. He always had the nicest console TV in Western Putnam County.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 2

AJ, I jumped on your less at Super Nintendo! (Super Baseball 2020) haha =D

Remember when the internet consisted of having to make sure no one in the house was expecting an important phone call before connecting? Kids these days don't even know the struggle...or having to clean the games on older gaming consoles...

OR OR OR I have another. Before mobile phones and gaming devices were invented. Or when they got color screens!

Or better yet, when TVs with turn knobs were still sold under the Montgomery Ward brand....

Too far back?

Those little small (to today's standards) Montgomery Ward TV sets with turn knobs had the best reception performance of any TV I've ever had. It was still in use in our garage up until the end of Analog TV. Living out in Southwest Louisiana made one get used to a little snow in our prime time tv shows. Once digital was forced upon us, we were forced to buy cable and store the Montgomery Ward TV somewhere in our storage den since digital won't work out there. DXing on those older sets is something that people nowdays will never get to experience or truly appreciate. Digital has obliriated the art of DXing. I'll always cherish those summer nights when a Mexican TV station would skip across the gulf and into our TV sets. Back then, it was an amazing feat to be able to see what was going on in another market. For whatever reason, watching infomercials from Tampa Bay, FL was just a lot more interesting than our local TV infomercials.

Ahhh...yes...the days of Analog TV!

The TVs in our house were Sears!

My parents had one from the mid 70's that my parents used in their bedroom until analog TV ended.

Another Sears TV was purchased by my parents in 1980, for the Living Room. It was eventually retired to my bedroom until the end of analog TV.

I have to laugh to myself these days when a younger person hears the phrase on an old TV show..."Don't turn that dial!" and they have absolutely no idea what the person on the TV program is taking about.

• Like 5

I am unsure if that is a caveat or an insult. I am not all that old. But, yes, I was already in college when you were conceived. You just missed a lot of interesting life -- the first Gulf War, Grunge rock, both Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64, "Pulp Fiction," Netscape, etc. And that was only the 1990s, when you were a twinkle in your father's eye or a drooling infant. You really were not cognizant until the 2010s.

AJ

I still have my launch day super Nintendo.
  • Like 2

Never seen speeds this fast, home Internet or not and I have a 100Mbps plan from Comcast.

attachicon.gif Screenshot_2015-11-06-00-24-23.png

Insane just a few blocks from my house.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I wonder why the upload was so sluggish? I would've expected that to be a bit higher than it was. I know the upload doesn't get doubled with CA, but that's still pretty low.

Sent from my Note 4

• Like 1

Ahh, yes. Curtis Mathes. My Uncle Pat worked for them way back in the day. He always had the nicest console TV in Western Putnam County.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

My parents still had, and hung onto for dear life, a 25 inch wood grain console color Zenith until about 6-7 years ago when it finally bit the dust.  

Now (and I kneejerk started to, but can't say 'they' - dad unfortunately passed May of this year) there's a 42 inch plasma flatscreen in its place, and before dad passed he marveled at how incredible the picture was - which was ironic given how resistant he always was to any sort of change from a known entity, but once something happened that he was forced to try something new he almost always loved it.

• Like 4

My parents still had, and hung onto for dear life, a 25 inch wood grain console color Zenith until about 6-7 years ago when it finally bit the dust.

Why did your parents hang on to that Zenith when they could have had a genuine Sorny, Panaphonics, or Magnetbox?

CSGzP-SWwAARIJz.jpg

AJ

• Like 6