LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

but what about the nexus 6 and everything it supports...I'm really surprised (though it was after these plans) that it couldn't support it

The Nexus 6 supports B41, in 20mhz configuration, like almost every other device Sprint supports now.

• Like 2

The Nexus 6 supports B41, in 20mhz configuration, like almost every other device Sprint supports now.

What about the Samsung Galaxy Mega?

What about the Samsung Galaxy Mega?

That was one of the first devices to support Band 41 so definitely not.

First device to support Carrier Aggregation was the LG G flex 2, so from that point forward phones started supporting more than a single 20mhz carrier.

• Like 1

That was one of the first devices to support Band 41 so definitely not.

First device to support Carrier Aggregation was the LG G flex 2, so from that point forward phones started supporting more than a single 20mhz carrier.

I think the Note 4 Edge was the first CA device.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sprint now the fastest in Denver! Spark making headways!

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/denver-co

There be a lot of Spark in them foothills.

AJ

• Like 1

They had the fastest median downloads at 10.71 vs Tmo at 9.79.

Not sure where you're pulling those numbers from, but if you look at the speed index award, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint are all tied. They are statistically too close to determine a clear winner.

Not sure where you're pulling those numbers from, but if you look at the speed index award, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint are all tied. They are statistically too close to determine a clear winner.

From the report:

Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 10.7 Mbps, while T-Mobile recorded the fastest median upload speed at 7.9 Mbps.

T-Mobile's median download speed is not reported anywhere on that page, yet he still gave a value for it.

Seems like he confused it with the median upload speed. However he was correct in saying that Sprint is the fastest in Denver.

• Like 2

Seems like he confused it with the median upload speed. However he was correct in saying that Sprint is the fastest in Denver.

No, that is an incorrect statement.  They may have recorded the fastest median speed, but RootMetrics was unable to statistically separate Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile to determine a clear winner for the speed metric.  Sprint is TIED for the fastest provider in Denver.

towards the top right of the screen if you click on the link called "how RootScores are calculated" it will open a window that shows the median download and upload speeds for everyone along with the blocked/dropped calls and text data. that will be specific to denver and clicking that same link at any other city/report will give you the data specific to that report.

• Like 1

No, that is an incorrect statement.  They may have recorded the fastest median speed, but RootMetrics was unable to statistically separate Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile to determine a clear winner for the speed metric.  Sprint is TIED for the fastest provider in Denver.

IT IS NOT AN INCORRECT STATEMENT.  According to RootMetrics report, Sprint beat out T-Mobile in download speeds.  Period!  Get off your semantics and deal with it, man!

• Like 13

towards the top right of the screen if you click on the link called "how RootScores are calculated" it will open a window that shows the median download and upload speeds for everyone along with the blocked/dropped calls and text data. that will be specific to denver and clicking that same link at any other city/report will give you the data specific to that report.

Thanks, I was unaware of that.  Both T-Mobile and Sprint show very large margins on their data speed charts.  Another round of testing could swing it either way

IT IS NOT AN INCORRECT STATEMENT.  According to RootMetrics report, Sprint beat out T-Mobile in download speeds.  Period!  Get off your semantics and deal with it, man!

It's not semantics, it's statistics  ;)

Thanks, I was unaware of that.

no problem :) it took me forever to find that you could pull that up and see the median speeds for everyone. It was always annoying that on some reports they would list out the speeds and on others they wouldn't. until i found that link anyway :D

no problem :) it took me forever to find that you could pull that up and see the median speeds for everyone. It was always annoying that on some reports they would list out the speeds and on others they wouldn't. until i found that link anyway :D

Yeah I found that strange as well.  Can't believe I went all this time without knowing!

• Like 1

Ok go back to the report. Click on "How RootScores are calculated". That is where I obtained them.

Thanks, I was unaware of that.

Yes, suck on the statistic that says that Sprint had the highest download speed of them all.  That is a statistic.  And yes, RootMetrics also combines the upload speeds and creates a metric that shows a tie.  That's just another statistic.  But to try to claim that Sprint did not win in download just makes you look like an ass.

Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 10.7 Mbps
  • Like 1

Yep, see the few posts above :) didn't even know that existed until today.

That to me is the best part of the reports. Median smoothing statistically is the best part.  It gives a general view of the data access noted throughout the testing period.  I don't like to look at a bar that says "91" or "78" or whatever.

Yes, suck on the statistic that says that Sprint had the highest download speed of them all.  That is a statistic.  And yes, RootMetrics also combines the upload speeds and creates a metric that shows a tie.  That's just another statistic.  But to try to claim that Sprint did not win in download just makes you look like an ass.

So variances don't matter then... 

Screenshot from 2015-04-09 15:07:51.png

T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon all fall within each other's margins of error, so there's no clear speed winner here, hence the 3-way tie.  You could test all the networks again within a week and it could swing back to T-Mobile or Verizon recording the fastest median.