Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Hello , after being banned for a week for no apparent reason I've learned something ignore the jerks who like to start drama with me .

Anywaysss back on topic .

I've noticed something , the tower that im closest to might be upgraded 3G wise I mean but the speed is only good when im a certain distance away from it . When im to close the signals excellent but the service is unusable its really confusing just making a assumption .

Hello , after being banned for a week for no apparent reason I've learned something ignore the jerks who like to start drama with me .

I've noticed something , the tower that im closest to might be upgraded 3G wise I mean but the speed is only good when im a certain distance away from it . When im to close the signals excellent but the service is unusable its really confusing just making a assumption .

Was the first sentence of your post even necessary? Look, just chill already and keep things on topic.

• Like 5

You were not banned, but rather temporarily suspended. Not a good re-entrance. It looks like you will be heading towards being banned with your attitude. But the choice is yours. :td:

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

I would say u need glasses bro haha. Look at my sig. And with daily speeds like this what is it to diss?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

I have gotten speeds like that on my iPhone. That wasn't the point

Lol. Apparently a week was not enough...anyway. how are lte signals in brooklyn? Lowest I've obtained was -98 and about 10mb down

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Have gotten 26mb off peak and I have gotten -70db.

A friendly reminder to what I wrote last week, plus one more.

• No slang posts.
    This is not the neighborhood hangout where one can talk in slang.
    This is a forum with highly skilled members that seek and partake in discussions that need to be read, understood and expressed in a clear cut postings without trying to decipher through slang words.
  • Do not argue with staff members.
    If you don't know who they are, see here., this includes writers and Facebook mods.Discussing and debating is acceptable but when it crosses the line and becomes argumentative, it then becomes unacceptable and not community like. If you disagree with any of the decisions, posts made by said staff member, feel free to express your thoughts via the private message system or via email to the staff member or admin. Arguing and fighting staff member out in the open will not look favorably.
  • Stay on topic.
    I know this is hard but do try.
  • Reduce the back to back posts.
    There is an edit button for a reason. If you come back to the thread and see no posts after yours and feel like adding more then edit the post and add to it.
  • Screentests.
    Personally don't see anything wrong with posting them, but please take the liberty of reducing their size.
  • Quotes with Images, ScreenShots, Videos
    If you quote someone and it has an image/screenshot the size of Godzilla, kindly remove the image. The same applies to videos. There is no need to quote it again.

Please adhere to them.

TS

• Like 2

Wow that sounds awesome. Which part of brooklyn is that?

If you get emotional, you lose more than you gain. Always be calm and try to have friendly demeanor.

Was the first sentence of your post even necessary? Look, just chill already and keep things on topic.

Yeah , I just wanted to express my feelings .

You were not banned, but rather temporarily suspended. Not a good re-entrance. It looks like you will be heading towards being banned with your attitude. But the choice is yours. :td:

I guess , I just wanted to say how I felt & yeah Im feeling some type of way about being "Temporarily Suspended" , I don't even know what I did .

Lol. Apparently a week was not enough...anyway. how are lte signals in brooklyn? Lowest I've obtained was -98 and about 10mb down

No no no it was more than enough . -_-

If you get emotional, you lose more than you gain. Always be calm and try to have friendly demeanor.

Okay .

Edited by IsaiahL

Hello all, I'm new to the site. I usually just lurk the forums but I decided to join because I had a question that I just could not figure out.

Everyday on my commute, I try to map parts of Brighton Beach and Manhattan Beach in Brooklyn. I start mapping from around that dark purple spot in Brighton all the way to where it says Manhattan Beach on the Sensorly map. I go even further because I attend college and I even map inside the college campus. What puzzles me is that I've been mapping since like the end of February and nothing has been showing up on that path to my school. I don't get it o_O. I've mapped other parts like Queens Village and South Ozone Park and that all shows up but not to Manhattan Beach !! Ahh ! Someone help me figure this out please and thank you ! :)

P.S. Sorry for writing so much ! Lol

Hello all, I'm new to the site. I usually just lurk the forums but I decided to join because I had a question that I just could not figure out.

Everyday on my commute, I try to map parts of Brighton Beach and Manhattan Beach in Brooklyn. I start mapping from around that dark purple spot in Brighton all the way to where it says Manhattan Beach on the Sensorly map. I go even further because I attend college and I even map inside the college campus. What puzzles me is that I've been mapping since like the end of February and nothing has been showing up on that path to my school. I don't get it o_O. I've mapped other parts like Queens Village and South Ozone Park and that all shows up but not to Manhattan Beach !! Ahh ! Someone help me figure this out please and thank you ! :)

P.S. Sorry for writing so much ! Lol

There are two reasons why this could be happening that I can think of off the top of my head.

First, do you have a custom ROM? If so, does your custom ROM have a unique network identifier? Some custom ROM developers change the Sprint network name to something that Sensorly will not recognize as Sprint. For instance, if it was changed to Jeff's ROM instead of Sprint, Sensorly would have no idea which network to log the incoming data to.

Second, you could have Sensorly configured to only upload data collection over WiFi, but not ever connecting to WiFi.

These are the two things that come to mind. There could be others.

• Like 2

Looks like a 3G cluster went live recently also in the area of 68th and York in Manhattan. Had some pretty solid speeds on 3G prior to LTE coming back online shortly thereafter.

I still have no LTE there since Friday but 3G is much better now.

What was yo point bro? Lol my point was I got a Gnex not a s3. Second like I said my household is multi device me personally just don't like apple as a company. Its all good though :D

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

FYI to you guys with Gnex devices. Sometimes it bugs out Sensorly and marks dark purple when there is actually a marginal signal. Luckily in the New Orleans thread we have got the few Gnex owners to stop mapping but of course there are more out there than this forum.

Sent from my little Note2

still no improvement in Morningside Heights. LTE is confined to a relatively narrow stretch of Broadway more or less cuts out at 116th and is unreliable. 3G is as bad as it's ever been for most of Riverside from the GWB down to the 100s. also, can say that 3G on the west side highway is still pretty spotty and speeds are slower around Union Square than they used to be. perhaps all the improvements are occuring in parts of Manhattan I don't spend much time in but I can't see I've yet to see any considerably improvement to speak of.

What puzzles me is that I've been mapping since like the end of February and nothing has been showing up on that path to my school. I don't get it o_O.

Second, you could have Sensorly configured to only upload data collection over WiFi, but not ever connecting to WiFi.

This, and you can hit Menu>Details to see the datapoint count that's pending upload ("Messages to send"). It should increase when you're collecting points, and decrease when you're uploading them. This will help determine if you're uploading them at all!

• Like 2

still no improvement in Morningside Heights. LTE is confined to a relatively narrow stretch of Broadway more or less cuts out at 116th and is unreliable. 3G is as bad as it's ever been for most of Riverside from the GWB down to the 100s. also, can say that 3G on the west side highway is still pretty spotty and speeds are slower around Union Square than they used to be. perhaps all the improvements are occuring in parts of Manhattan I don't spend much time in but I can't see I've yet to see any considerably improvement to speak of.

There are several components to the NV plan, and putting in new equipment is only part of them. Once the new backhaul is in place with upgraded base stations, you'll see considerable improvement.

saw someone working on cell tower in flushing and i found this truck.

http://dl.dropbox.co...%2016.11.27.jpg

hard to see RRUs but the site is definitely sprint site. I noticed one site is shared by many carriers in flushing Queens.

http://dl.dropbox.co...%2016.13.02.jpg

BTW, this site is located 156th street and Sanford Ave in Flushing.

Edited by pslee

saw someone working on cell tower in flushing and i found this truck.

http://dl.dropbox.co...%2016.11.27.jpg

hard to see RRUs but the site is definitely sprint site. I noticed one site is shared by many carriers in flushing Queens.

http://dl.dropbox.co...%2016.13.02.jpg

BTW, this site is located 156th street and Sanford Ave in Flushing.

They need to move into bayside and elmhurst area. Large white area on sensorly.