Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

https://network.sprint.com/

not everyone agrees with "2 data speed upgrade" = LTE ready, but it seems very reliable source when you match it up with sensorly.

Yeah , sometimes it just means 3G has been upgraded , but when you go over there map it & well find out .

Just barely getting a signal in Ozone Park 11416. 101st Ave. and Woodhaven Blvd. Got 73ms, 0.94/0.80. Even though it's not good for LTE but it's an improvement over the terrible 3G here. LOL.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

I think MetroPCS uses a 1.4x1.4 LTE configuration here, which means their LTE is no faster than Sprints Upgraded 3G for the most part. Their coverage is very good in the city however. There are only a few places with 5x5 and I think that most if not all are in their home state of Florida.

• Like 1

Has anyone used metropcs lte phone? How is their lte coverage and speed in nyc?

Their coverage is good in NYC, but you will be lucky to hit 2mbps on it. The LTE on metro is what 3G will be once NV is complete. (usable) If your trying to get Metro for speed, your wasting your time.

• Like 1

No, no connectivity in the subways. It'll be super annoying. Its weird enough when people are talking through Bluetooth on the train and you know the person doesn't have a cell signal.Besides, the subway infrastructure is over 100 years old and probably does not have enough space to hold basestations and such.

Are they putting LTE in the subways?

#7 runs on an elevated line once it reaches queens. I really hope there will never be any voice service in the tunnels. Standing next to 5 different people talking in 5 different languages is not fun after a long day at work.

Yeah they should just enable data on subway tunnels. Forget voice. So lte would be perfect. But glwt

I wonder what they are gonna do in dc and sf places that actually have service in the tunnels.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Try as I may, you completely lost me in that post?

TS

Sorry, my phone was acting stupid. I was saying that it carries more debt than the entire state of California. To have to do more construction underground would just make them lose more money.

I thought they were deploying a 10 x 10? All of the reports seem to point to a 5 x 5 LTE network. A while back a report came out of Kansas City that they were testing a 5 x 5.

That varies from market to market. It depends upon how much AWS spectrum that T-Mobile can spare for LTE. In KC and NYC, that is only 5 MHz FDD.

AJ

• Like 2

Yeah they should just enable data on subway tunnels. Forget voice. So lte would be perfect. But glwt

I wonder what they are gonna do in dc and sf places that actually have service in the tunnels.

People would be talking over data then.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

I thought they were deploying a 10 x 10? All of the reports seem to point to a 5 x 5 LTE network. A while back a report came out of Kansas City that they were testing a 5 x 5.

It might be they are just doing 5x5 for testing. You may have to wait until the end of the refarm before they upgrade it to a 10x10 or a 20x20.