Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I swear I feel like you are always attacking me , it was never that serious as I said before im just stating what I heard a couple of months back . If im wrong im wrong if my right then im right . I said it before I'll say it again "I'm stating something I HEARD" .

I am not attacking you, Isaiah, I am attacking your info, which is not reliable. This web site is established on providing solid, verified info about Sprint Network Vision. We are not going to allow members to undermine the reputability of this site by letting them post just whatever they have heard, especially when that runs contrary to our information.

If you have a problem with that, you need to find another outlet. Plenty of other wireless discussion sites will let you spread unfounded rumors.

AJ

• Like 6

Oh , I didn't know that , I assumed there were more from all the purple on Sensorly , but we will see if what I read will true .

That's because right now, Sprint is deploying for coverage. The way the towers are set up right now is so they can cover as large an area as possible. When the first tower went online in Brooklyn, everywhere from the east side of Prospect Park, all the way to Kings County had LTE. Eventually when they adjust downtilt when more towers are online, indoor penetration will improve.

I swear I feel like you are always attacking me , it was never that serious as I said before im just stating what I heard a couple of months back . If im wrong im wrong if my right then im right . I said it before I'll say it again "I'm stating something I HEARD" .

Best response is not to respond at all. Not everything is worth fighting for. NYCHitman1 is right, if these guys correct you, it's because they're 99% that they are right and you are wrong.

• Like 3

I just realized thats not what I asked. I asked when would lower manhatten be done, not all of nyc. sorry about that.

that is what they told me too. With so many towers not working because of sandy down here, they said that new NV towers will be up and running by end of March. That doesn't mean LTE, but the new towers with 3G (?) should be up so that we don't have only 2 towers serving million of us.

But if LTE is indeed turned on by end of March here, then I won't complain about it being turned on. :tu:

I officially give up . Pretty obvious im that donkey around here so I won't be making any post about info i've heard around the web . K

It's not that you are the donkey, it's just that you often assert your points as if they are 100% true went they aren't. And then when people that are more knowledgeable on the subject tell you it's wrong, you get really defensive.

• Like 5

It's not that you are the donkey, it's just that you often assert your points as if they are 100% true went they aren't. And then when people that are more knowledgeable on the subject tell you it's wrong, you get really defensive.

I definitely do not & if I do I apologize I don't mean it that way . I already know im not always correct & yeah I know sometimes I do get defensive like on the last topic , I was pretty sure what I had heard was a solid fact & then to come here & be told im wrong , yeah im gonna get a little defensive , but I apologize .

I think queens has less than 10 towers up for lte. Dont see how they will finish by end of march. Not even end of april at this speed. Maybe end of the year I think.

Everything should be done by the end of the year

• Like 1

I definitely do not & if I do I apologize I don't mean it that way . I already know im not always correct & yeah I know sometimes I do get defensive like on the last topic , I was pretty sure what I had heard was a solid fact & then to come here & be told im wrong , yeah im gonna get a little defensive , but I apologize .

That's fine, no need to apologize to anyone.

So back on topic, one of the more fascinating components of the NV project for NYC is seeing the new panels being bolted on buildings. I've found myself driving around Queens and even in Midtown looking at the panels and trying to guess if they were Sprint or not.

• Like 1

Become S4GRU Sponsors, guys, and you could see maps and statistics depicting the progress of Network Vision deployment.

AJ

I was wondering how. Thanks. And I read up on the memberships on The Bulletin Board.

So back on topic, one of the more fascinating components of the NV project for NYC is seeing the new panels being bolted on buildings. I've found myself driving around Queens and even in Midtown looking at the panels and trying to guess if they were Sprint or not.

I'm definitely going to keep an eye out now that I read the thread about how to spot them. Looks like it takes some practice though.

Per our latest completion update, Sprint has only three completed LTE sites below Central Park, and none of those are below 34th Street. So, they are all in Midtown.

AJ

Correct me if im wrong, but there seems to be LTE coming from Union Sq area...In and around 14st.

i was just browsing through http://www.clear.com/coverage and all the towers for wimax 4g is also a sprint site. they have towers exactly where sprint has towers for at least for flushing and LIC in queens. does this mean if you have had good wimax 4g service, you will have better LTE signal since it uses lower frequency than wimax?

• Like 2

In all honesty I can never tell if I am near a Sprint tower or not because my signal hardly ever goes below 3 bars, unless I am not in a building, or somewhere out in Far Rockaway.

Stop looking at the bars. Sites can be determined with the signal numbers and PN or serving cell IDs for LTE.

Sent from my little Note2

I fail to see what is wrong with posting a speed test. First of all this was MY thread about a specific site that was hijacked and turned into the "New York City Market" thread some time ago. ~whatever~. So if I wanna post a speed test, I'll post a speed test!

Second of all, I, and I'm sure many others, would like to know what the LTE speeds are like in New York so far. You're ignorant if you think the way Sprint's network is performing in other places in the country would be the same as here. There is no other place in the country like Manhattan in terms of cell site density, number of people, etc. New York City is SPECIAL. Oh and also the center of the universe, don't forget that.

Yeah I definitely know what you mean , the other day when I was on the bus I had passed this building it had a bunch of panels on it . i checked my phone & my rsrp jumped from -79 to -49 but that didnt improve the speed sadly lol .

I fail to see what is wrong with posting a speed test. First of all this was MY thread about a specific site that was hijacked and turned into the "New York City Market" thread some time ago. ~whatever~. So if I wanna post a speed test, I'll post a speed test!

Second of all, I, and I'm sure many others, would like to know what the LTE speeds are like in New York so far. You're ignorant if you think the way Sprint's network is performing in other places in the country would be the same as here. There is no other place in the country like Manhattan in terms of cell site density, number of people, etc. New York City is SPECIAL. Oh and also the center of the universe, don't forget that.

Can you please just relax and stay on topic? Thank you

• Like 2

So you ride in the short bus or just drive it?

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 3