Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Geez now that that's finally taken Care of, here is a pic of my newly updated nv panels on my roof upper west side...sorry these are the best pics I could get with my evo. Panels along south east and south west as well as panels circling the roof and more on the north east n west that you cant see on the photos

uqerypyp.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Geez now that that's finally taken Care of, here is a pic of my newly updated nv panels on my roof upper west side...sorry these are the best pics I could get with my evo. Panels along south east and south west as well as panels circling the roof and more on the north east n west that you cant see on the photos

uqerypyp.jpg

i think the ones of the left looks like sprint towers but the ones on the right corner looks like other carrier?

i think the ones of the left looks like sprint towers but the ones on the right corner looks like other carrier?

Yeah you may be right..that would explain why there are so many panels up there. I just learned that sprint was up there because I saw the techs with their equipment in the lobby and I asked... They confirmed sprint nv is updated at that site..but they didn't mention if there were any other carriers up there.

Here is another pic of just the ones on the right...

3avapu5e.jpg

If the panels are directly over your head, I'm curious if your phone would even connect to them, or pick up another tower nearby.

To answer your question I used the signal finder app and noticed that I am not connecting to the panels on my roof but rather a site one block north from me with a signal strength of -75.

Edited by TonyStylesNYC

Yeah you may be right..that would explain why there are so many panels up there. I just learned that sprint was up there because I saw the techs with their equipment in the lobby and I asked... They confirmed sprint nv is updated at that site..but they didn't mention if there were any other carriers up there.

Here is another pic of just the ones on the right...

3avapu5e.jpg

not sure but one of the member spoke to network infrastructure workers came to his building and he noticed they took down 8 old panels and installed only 4 new panels from what i can remember. maybe the new panels do not require to put that many facing the same direction?

not sure but one of the member spoke to network infrastructure workers came to his building and he noticed they took down 8 old panels and installed only 4 new panels from what i can remember. maybe the new panels do not require to put that many facing the same direction?

Yeah that was one of my older post. That was a bit of misinformation on my part. I did not see all the panels when I first posted that info here because they pushed some of the panels back from their original position. So indeed my location had the same amount of panels as pre nv install but they were a bit harder to spot.

• Like 1

Can someone help me decipher why my LTE speed is so horrendous? I'm connected to the tower in Hunts Point some where by the Sheridan. I'm using a Note II.

My OG EVO 4G had great Wimax signal w/ average 10-15MB download speeds. It's getting to the point I'm thinking about reconnecting the EVO for the 4G again until Sprint improves the LTE coverage/speeds.

post-3998-0-21638000-1362728735_thumb.png

NV is seriously picking up in NYC. You have no idea how much progress has gone into it in the last few weeks.

Saying that its "seriously picking up" does not do it justice, I would say that it has the need for speed LOL. Wow have we came so far, it feels like it was yesterday that Sprint was that slow crappy network, I am proud to be a Sprint customer and I hope they can bring this to everyplace ASAP.

--

Chris

• Like 2

Can someone help me decipher why my LTE speed is so horrendous? I'm connected to the tower in Hunts Point some where by the Sheridan. I'm using a Note II.

My OG EVO 4G had great Wimax signal w/ average 10-15MB download speeds. It's getting to the point I'm thinking about reconnecting the EVO for the 4G again until Sprint improves the LTE coverage/speeds.

Too many factors to determine why your lte speeds are slow, also how do you know which tower you are connected to? You can be connected one tower for voice and another tower further away for lte so that could be the issue. Also keep in mind that the signal strength bars only represent voice and not lte so you could very well be on the edge of lte coverage from a tower further away.

Too many factors to determine why your lte speeds are slow, also how do you know which tower you are connected to? You can be connected one tower for voice and another tower further away for lte so that could be the issue. Also keep in mind that the signal strength bars only represent voice and not lte so you could very well be on the edge of lte coverage from a tower further away.

Just found out about the LTE 3G signal thing that's going on with Android phones now. Explains why it says LTE but slow as molasses seriously considering reconnecting my EVO.

I've gotten used to driving a Ferrari but now I'm driving an imposter that doesn't go over 40! I feel cheated!

Just found out about the LTE 3G signal thing that's going on with Android phones now. Explains why it says LTE but slow as molasses seriously considering reconnecting my EVO.

I've gotten used to driving a Ferrari but now I'm driving an imposter that doesn't go over 40! I feel cheated!

Load up sensorly.com, and find out where the best signal levels are, LTE deployment is still well underway even in the bronx. I know you mentioned 10-15mb second before on your older phone (im assuming WIMAX) thats all well and great, but most users on LTE will avg that or even more, and FAR superior latency response (80-120 pings vs 30-60pings) with a decent signal.

Guys, is it possible to post up resized pictures of the speedtests and such? It's becoming hard to browse this thread on mobile devices.

Or just manually type in the speeds you get?

• Like 1

Guys, is it possible to post up resized pictures of the speedtests and such? It's becoming hard to browse this thread on mobile devices.

Or just manually type in the speeds you get?

Do you use an app for the forums? Resizes in Tapatalk so it's not overwhelming.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Not much new LTE actions going on in NYC... But Sprint telling me that my tower near home is going live 3/29. I know it's Sprint CS so I take it with grain of salt but its good news.

Sprint reps really do not know anything about which tower is going live and when. If that's scheduled date and actually it becomes lte active, then its awesome

Not much new LTE actions going on in NYC... But Sprint telling me that my tower near home is going live 3/29. I know it's Sprint CS so I take it with grain of salt but its good news.

Only God knows for certain. There is no way to know when it will pass inspection from the local jurisdiction and then later from Sprint as well. Always be suspect of exact dates.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

Seems like the Co-op city and Bay Plaza areas are now live. I'm averaging LTE speeds indoors between 5mb - 15mb depending on how far in I am. With Wimax the signal was so poor. 3G is improved 1-3mb downloads.

If it stays this way and it keeps spreading to upstate NY, I will be a very happy customer.

• Like 1

Do you use an app for the forums? Resizes in Tapatalk so it's not overwhelming.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Nope, I browse the full site on the iPad.

Just saying though, no need to put up full res pictures.