Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

It might be they are just doing 5x5 for testing. You may have to wait until the end of the refarm before they upgrade it to a 10x10 or a 20x20.

Doubtful. LTE 10 MHz FDD would require downgrading DC-HSPA+ 42 to HSPA+ 21 in NYC.

AJ

Doesn't this create an inconsistency throughout the network because some people will get above 40Mbps and others will never see that number ever.

That only matters to the small niche group that runs speedtest after speedtest after speedtest..

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 4

Doesn't this create an inconsistency throughout the network because some people will get above 40Mbps and others will never see that number ever.

You mean if I go from a 10 MHz FDD to a 5 MHz FDD market that my e-penis will actually shrink? Oh no...

AJ

• Like 3

I am on my way to Greenville, North Carolina right now. Sprint has way more LTE than expected. I have recieved LTE in and out, every half an hour or so. When I passed by Baltimore, Washington D.C., a small area in New Jersey, now I am in Virginia and my phone switched to LTE suddenly. Where I didn't have LTE the legacy towers were fast. I had pings of about 120ms but the speeds were always upwards of 1.2Mbps

• Like 3

People would be talking over data then.

Sent from my little Note2

Thats true I guess. But here in sf I hardly ever seen anyone talk on the Bart. Everyone just uses data. At least underground.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, my phone was acting stupid. I was saying that it carries more debt than the entire state of California. To have to do more construction underground would just make them lose more money.

The MTA has been working with Transit Wireless to install wifi and cellular in the NYCT Subway system. From a press release:

Transit Wireless and the carriers are paying 100 percent of the cost of the project, estimated at up to $200 million, including the cost of NYC Transit forces that provide flagging, protection and other support services. The MTA and Transit Wireless would also evenly split revenues from occupancy fees paid by the wireless carriers and other sub-licensees of the network. Transit Wireless will pay the MTA a minimum annual compensation of $3.3 million once the full build out of the network is complete.

(http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wireless-service-begins-at-six-underground-subway-stations-130647308.html)

I curently get Wifi on many 1 train stations in Chelsea. 50th Street got connected last week. There is 3G data in some of the Chelsea A,C,E stations.

There are some plans posted online for Transit Wireless' "Base Station Hotel." http://transitwireless.mcgowanbuildersftp.com/

Also, both the MTA and California have significant outstanding debt, but California has more. A quick Google search can answer your questions like this.

https://network.sprint.com/

not everyone agrees with "2 data speed upgrade" = LTE ready, but it seems very reliable source when you match it up with sensorly.

If it had one T1 upgrade in the past 6 months and a 3G NV upgrade, it will say 2 data speed upgrades also. If had two T1 upgrades in the past 6 months, it will also say 2 data speed upgrades. So, 2 data speed upgrades are polluted with non 4G sites too.

So it is true to say that almost every LTE accepted site will say 2 data speed upgrades, but not every 2 data speed upgrades site has live LTE.

Additionally, this is only true of AlcaLu markets where 3G is deployed ahead of LTE. It does not work in Ericsson and Samsung markets where they deploy LTE most often first. It also is not true of AlcaLu in Charlotte, Norfolk and Raleigh/Durham where they deploy LTE first. Because those typically say 1 data speed upgrade and are polluted with all the T1 upgrades.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

That varies from market to market. It depends upon how much AWS spectrum that T-Mobile can spare for LTE. In KC and NYC, that is only 5 MHz FDD.

AJ

Also, if people are using the Nexus 4 for Tmo testing, isn't it MIMO limited?

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Also, if people are using the Nexus 4 for Tmo testing, isn't it MIMO limited?

That had been one of my initial theories. But it was disproven, at the very least, by test results in Canada. So, for whatever reason, the Nexus 4 does support 2x2 MIMO on the downlink.

AJ

• Like 1

In RootMetrics testing, Sprint 3G network beat out Verizon's in terms of speed. They seemed very confident in Network Vision on that they recognize that 2013 will be a turning point for Sprint and they only see them going uphill

http://rootmetrics.com/special-reports/lte-performance-review/

• Like 1

In RootMetrics testing, Sprint 3G network beat out Verizon's in terms of speed. They seemed very confident in Network Vision on that they recognize that 2013 will be a turning point for Sprint and they only see them going uphill

http://rootmetrics.com/special-reports/lte-performance-review/

It basically said AT&T overall has the best LTE speeds topping Verizon & Sprint . AT&T basically has the best service next is Sprint & then Verizon , Verizon just has the best coverage out of all the carriers but that will soon change . Sprint FTW .

Ohhh GUYS , i have a question , how do you become a S4GRU Sponsor ?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

AT&T has the best LTE speeds for now because they don't have as many devices on their network. In the places like Chicago, LA, and OKC where they're only running a single 2x5 block, HSPA+ is often faster than LTE.

I suspect AT&T is going to start having to refarm PCS in 2013.

Thanks I think I might do that soon ,

LTE at my dads house

http://tinypic.com/r/67o41d/6

AT&T has the best LTE speeds for now because they don't have as many devices on their network. In the places like Chicago, LA, and OKC where they're only running a single 2x5 block, HSPA+ is often faster than LTE.

I suspect AT&T is going to start having to refarm PCS in 2013.

I'm doubtful. They only have HSPA+21. I think that for now, their speeds are adequate.

An AT&T tech working on a new site in NYC told my friend that AT&T is planning on adding 1,000 new cites throughout the 5 boroughs in the next year to match Verizon's coverage. I believe that Sprint has roughly 1,200 sites in what is considered the NYC market today. Thoughts?