Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I have that prob too. Not in that area but i have to put my phone on CDMA only to get any working data when not on LTE.

yes same here in jackson heights is been like this for a week,

Except for that brief moment when I was near Yankee Stadium on Saturday morning I haven't had any issue with LTE this weekend. It's actually fine for me in Queens (Hillcrest, Rego Park, Ozone Pk, South Ozone park, Elmhurst.)

TS 

Except for that brief moment when I was near Yankee Stadium on Saturday morning I haven't had any issue with LTE this weekend. It's actually fine for me in Queens (Hillcrest, Rego Park, Ozone Pk, South Ozone park, Elmhurst.)

TS

We could've had lunch. I live up the street by the park lol.

Does anyone feel like this is slightly Iden related?

Well I'm glad to hear it's not only me and that it appears to be a larger issue.  I'm wondering if there's some deeper issue they're working on that has prevented their official launch of LTE here... because let's face it, we have a lot of coverage for a non-launched place.

Is there anyway I could prioritize smr over pcs or will I have to wait for a new prl? Also I think I'm on band 25, that's what enginerring screen said, so I assume that's pcs?

I don't think waiting will change anything as this seems to be what they want for the Iphone.

My 3G has been problematic here in downtown Manhattan again... I'm starting to get fed up with this and are at a point to cancel and pay the ETF... in places where there is LTE, I am fine but just simple messaging apps are having hard time sending messages here because internet connection is on and off.

Well LTE in Manhattan is a different story. It is spotty at best, at least with me. But then again I try to avoid Manhattan as much as possible anyway. But for the other boros, Its been consistent. 

Maybe it's the weather today? Or the Nextel shutdown? The bird strikes? Who knows. I'm sure it will get fixed soon enough.

• Like 1

I don't think waiting will change anything as this seems to be what they want for the Iphone.

"Why would anyone want to limit the iPhone?  We don't."

Ah, but Sprint does limit it -- basically, keeping it off of CDMA1X 800.  Tuff nutz, iPhoners.

:P

AJ

Don't want to sound like I am complaining although I might be complaining... but it's been like this since last week. I know there isn't LTE here where I am working so I don't even bother having LTE on. But the 3G has been on and off. I don't care about fast speed since I know 3G is poor in places without NV but I just want it to stay connected so I don't have to see it not sent and have to airplane mode to get my connection back.

Sorry to all of you following this tread and having to deal with my rantings.

Don't want to sound like I am complaining although I might be complaining... but it's been like this since last week. I know there isn't LTE here where I am working so I don't even bother having LTE on. But the 3G has been on and off. I don't care about fast speed since I know 3G is poor in places without NV but I just want it to stay connected so I don't have to see it not sent and have to airplane mode to get my connection back.

Sorry to all of you following this tread and having to deal with my rantings.

it has to be some sort of testing last week my phone was connecting for two days to a tower around 76st and 25 ave and im on 82 and northern blvd, and on 88 st there is nv site so something weird is going on

They won't launch because something like, on 28% of the towers have LTE accepted. Sprint announces a marker around 40%. It'll take a bit more before we see them announce NYC. Though there will be no difference in performance, only the ability to call in about LTE towers in your neighborhood.

• Like 1

They won't launch because something like, on 28% of the towers have LTE accepted. Sprint announces a marker around 40%. It'll take a bit more before we see them announce NYC. Though there will be no difference in performance, only the ability to call in about LTE towers in your neighborhood.

40% pops coverage, not 40% tower completion. There's a difference.

• Like 1

i am just wondering when 800/1900/2500mhz LTE capable phones will release this year. I guess Q4 this year? I really might trade in my note 2 to note 3 if that happens. 

i am just wondering when 800/1900/2500mhz LTE capable phones will release this year. I guess Q4 this year? I really might trade in my note 2 to note 3 if that happens. 

I believe we're expecting Q3 or Q4. Shouldn't be too far away at this point. 

I believe we're expecting Q3 or Q4. Shouldn't be too far away at this point. 

LG and Samsung announced that they would have a tri-band LTE smartphone available on Sprint later this year. The prevailing assumption/rumor is that the note 3 will be tri-band as well as LG's next Optimus G itteration. I'm actually holding off renewing my contract until a triband phone is available.

Edited by zeneker
  • Like 1

Oakland Gardens should be up soon. They came this morning for testing and I've heard they were at the site all last week.I 

I saw someone working on my campus today (QCC) they have a Sprint Cell site at the Campus.

I saw someone working on my campus today (QCC) they have a Sprint Cell site at the Campus.

That is correct, they share the space up top of the M bldg with Verizon. Unfortunately, they arrived shortly before I normally leave but they told me today was testing. The site has been broadcasting LTE for maybe a month plus now, only usable from the 5th floor. I will add to the map on sensorly when available.

Anyone get 800 to there phone yet?

Nope prob wont be up for another few weeks. Some are live in Mass. and penn. and even 1 or 2 sites in Jersey but we wont see anything close to what chicago has atleast for another few weeks...Then slowly one at a time the way new sites are poping up! Come on sprint flip that switch!

last week i was getting better service i was able to connect to a far tower, now in back to my usual service

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

uploadfromtaptalk1372889686537.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1372889718748.jpg