Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

The lg optimus g and galaxy note series are considered flagship phones and they will very likely be the first triband LTE phones given that triband LTE hotspot devices are launching this friday.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

according to phandroid.com they have reach sprint and triband phones will launch by the end of the year

according to phandroid.com they have reach sprint and triband phones will launch by the end of the year

Yes..notice the keyword "by". This means at or before the end of the year and i am predicting the latter. The big question before was whether sprint had the chipsets available to support the 2.5 ghz and 800 mhz. The evidence of the triband LTE hotspots launching this week shows they have the hardware ready. I see no reason for sprint to not begin launching triband LTE phones in Q4 this year. I think the last single band 1900 mhz phone would be the iPhone 5s or moto x (since its rumored to launch in august).

Yes..notice the keyword "by". This means at or before the end of the year and i am predicting the latter. The big question before was whether sprint had the chipsets available to support the 2.5 ghz and 800 mhz. The evidence of the triband LTE hotspots launching this week shows they have the hardware ready. I see no reason for sprint to not begin launching triband LTE phones in Q4 this year. I think the last single band 1900 mhz phone would be the iPhone 5s or moto x (since its rumored to launch in august).

i hope the note3 is a triband phone, i used to have a great wimax service

at work

gah, still waiting for LTE here in lower bay ridge. :( I get signal pretty much everywhere I go, just not at home. Missing WiMax quite a bit now.

Do you have WiFi at home? If so, then there's really no need for WiMax or LTE at your home.

Yeah, but it's really slow. Can't watch youtube without constant buffering.

What kind if internet speed do u have that it buffers so much? I just have 3 mbps basic broadband cable internet and can watch youtube just fine mind u that most if the time i have to watch it in 480p.

What kind if internet speed do u have that it buffers so much? I just have 3 mbps basic broadband cable internet and can watch youtube just fine mind u that most if the time i have to watch it in 480p.

I have a 3mbps line too, but it's shared amongst 3 people with two devices each :( If anyone's doing anything on the internet at all, it's pretty much a guarantee that streaming anything will be impossible.

I have a 3mbps line too, but it's shared amongst 3 people with two devices each :( If anyone's doing anything on the internet at all, it's pretty much a guarantee that streaming anything will be impossible.

Wow in that case you guys need to upgrade to at least a 10-15 Mbps line if you are going to share amongst 3 people.  I can't stream Netflix and play a computer game without getting huge lag.  I know what you mean.

Capped and WiMAX! No thanks

That, or Cable. I feel like there is no reason to only have a 3Mbps connection in NYC, unless you can't fit anything better into your budget, which I can understand. I just think there are so many alternatives.

Actually ive heard that they stopped capping, obviously their customer base has declined considerably.

That's interesting. I wonder if sprint has a unlimited WiMAX plan still without throttling or I think it's 5gb.

Capped and WiMAX! No thanks

Actually ive heard that they stopped capping, obviously their customer base has declined considerably.

My family has used Clear for home internet since 2010. It was never capped nor throttled. Everything I've seen still indicates that they are uncapped and unthrottled. 

• Like 2

International Samsung Galaxy S4 powered by Snapdragon 800 shows up in benchmarks, where’s it headed? What you think guys ?

Cablevision is keeping it locked down in NYC. They literally refuse to lose customers to Verizon FiOS. I have 35 Mbps up and 60 down. I think that they should make their presence more known. I also read that they are going to get new set top boxes next year to replace the Scientific Atlanta and Samsung boxes. My internet at home is faster than my schools internet and they use TWC business class 50/5.

And what is weird is that yesterday I came home to see 3 Optimum vans on my block, so I was confused.

When is nyc going to get the lte officially because when I'm out my building in uptown manhattan I have lte bars but when I come up to my apartment I don't have any lte and it sucks because sprints 3G sucks. I can't believe tmobile has released lte in nyc faster than sprint !!