Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Anyone else anxious about Sunday? We will see a slew of 800 updates after that! Better coverage for all!

I def am...but im have that feeling the first 800 update will go online in the tri state area a month after that...One by one...in very slow but steady intervals...i hope im wrong and  on monday green dots fill my map and i can make calls from every brick building in nyc.... but i cant help but feel like sunday will be uneventful...Hope im wrong!!!!

• Like 1

Anyone else anxious about Sunday? We will see a slew of 800 updates after that! Better coverage for all!

That's what were hoping, but is unlikely we'll see a mass activation of 800. More likely to see a large uptick in acceptance, but it will likely still take some time to really start to see improved coverage.

Sent from my HTC ONE

• Like 2

800mhz is the least of my concerns... for now. Still no NV in the downtown Manhattan area. At least Queens has started to pick up.

I guess I will need a new phone later this year or next year to use 800 mhz LTE.

800mhz is the least of my concerns... for now. Still no NV in the downtown Manhattan area. At least Queens has started to pick up. I guess I will need a new phone later this year or next year to use 800 mhz LTE.

Yeah i know sandy still has downtown manhattan down in most areas around battery park...I have yet to see any carrier have good service down there till this day. There are a few upgrades in some places tho but geez lower manhattan is still a dead zone after all this time.

I wonder if they work in these conditions. Heat indices in the 100's and random thunderstorms popping up with hail and tons of lightning. Sounds dangerous.

Edited by Sonic13

I wonder if they work in these conditions. Heat indices in the 100's and random thunderstorms popping up with hail and tons of lightning. Sounds dangerous.

I hope so. Bring lots of water and an umbrella. I am sick of hearing from people about how terrible Sprint is and how NV is delayed. Work faster and finish already. At least have a market be 100% complete.

• Like 1

Strong LTE picked up at 72nd and Broadway.  Particularly strong at the Chipotle on Amsterdam between 72 and 73.  Can someone with an Android device map the area?  Thanks in advance.  

• Like 3

I hope so. Bring lots of water and an umbrella. I am sick of hearing from people about how terrible Sprint is and how NV is delayed. Work faster and finish already. At least have a market be 100% complete.

They probably need the remainder of the cash infusion from the merger in order to kick it into high gear.

They probably need the remainder of the cash infusion from the merger in order to kick it into high gear.

Somewhere on the forum it was mentioned that NV is 100% financed, so the fact that its taking as long as it is has nothing to do with finance but rather red tape!

• Like 1

Somewhere on the forum it was mentioned that NV is 100% financed, so the fact that its taking as long as it is has nothing to do with finance but rather red tape!

Be that as it may, it only raises curiosity on what the actual underlying issue(s) are. Could it be permits? Sub-contractor failures? etc..

Is it just me or does it seem like NV in NYC has been progressing super slow in the past 2 months. Before 2 months ago, a ton of progress was made, but now it seems like nothing is happening.

I've actually noticed the opposite. I've noticed NV picking up in NYC. Especially 4G activations. I've noticed that a lot more towers that have been sitting, 3G only are turning into 3G/4G towers.

• Like 1

Be that as it may, it only raises curiosity on what the actual underlying issue(s) are. Could it be permits? Sub-contractor failures? etc..

Backhaul or the lack thereof seems to be the main culprit for most of the delays.

As soon as we get more spectrum from CW we will need even need more BH

Just so you know, the backhaul is scalable, since it is ethernet based, not T1 based.

The general consensus and testing seem to peg Clears 2500 LTE at an avg speed of about 60Mps and peaks around 100mps, so that scalable backhaul will be key to that deployment once they start sharing sites.

i care more about building penetration, a tower 8 blocks from my location is nv ready but soon i go inside the building my phone start to roaming or 1x.

i care more about building penetration, a tower 8 blocks from my location is nv ready but soon i go inside the building my phone start to roaming or 1x.

Thats why tri band (in your case 800Mhz 1x/LTE)  will be key to sprints success.

Do you guys know that softbank was the only provider for the iPhone in Japan just like the at&t? I think their marketing will also bring success to sprint

I thought they were the only one without the iPhone and still gained many subscribers without it.

Depending on where you are, 8 blocks seems like a lot to cover, especially with the tower density in the boroughs.

There is a chance there could be a further-away tower, with panels adjusted as such to support that building.

• Like 1