Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I think the tower that went live with LTE (near Springfield Blvd in Queens) is the same tower my phone was connected to when I ran this speed test in February:

450828149.png

That's very good for 3G, except pings are a little high.

Not close enough to determine but looks like ATT or Verizon. Look here for Alcatel-Lucent setups... http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3915-how-to-spot-sprint-panels-and-rrus-alcatel-lucent-style/

I would've taken better pictures but as soon as I snapped this one my phone died . I'm on iOS 7 beta so my battery goes just the slightest bit faster . Next time im in that area i'll retake some pictures.

I would've taken better pictures but as soon as I snapped this one my phone died . I'm on iOS 7 beta so my battery goes just the slightest bit faster . Next time im in that area i'll retake some pictures.

Isn't that for developers only for now?

Damn. Sprint just sent me an email saying that they won't support the airave 1.0 starting Aug 1st.

I guess I have until then to purchase another one for my house in Pennsylvania... >.>

maybe 1x800 will help alleviate the need for it.

Perhaps, but not in the near future I would assume. I might just have to get the airave 2.0 with the sprint logo and 3G capability.

I think 800 will be starting after 2 weeks. June 30 should be the date for shutdown of iden 800 and shortly after smr should be activated.

Isn't that for developers only for now?

Nope . Someone released the IPSW File for iOS 7 & I updated to it Free .

http://www.imore.com/hey-you-one-running-ios-7-beta-when-you-really-shouldnt-be-stay-classy

Read this... And realize that developer preview software is only for registered developers. Otherwise you should stick to iOS 6, unless you're working to release an iOS application, or pay into the developer program knowing the risk and are submitting bugs to Apple.

• Like 1

http://www.imore.com/hey-you-one-running-ios-7-beta-when-you-really-shouldnt-be-stay-classy

Read this... And realize that developer preview software is only for registered developers. Otherwise you should stick to iOS 6, unless you're working to release an iOS application, or pay into the developer program knowing the risk and are submitting bugs to Apple.

Thanks . I'll be classy about it then cause im already on iOS 7 & im loving it. I've only had a problem with one app not working on the beta which is the eBay app & me being the smart app savy guy I am I know the app will be updated so I won't be leaving reviews until the official version of iOS 7 is released. Thanks for the tip . :) Edited by IsaiahL

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Tests-show-AT-Ts-LTE-network-is-fastest-T-Mobiles-HSPA-faster-than-Sprints-LTE_id44209

these articles step all over sprint. Pretty inaccurate since sprint didn't fully deploy LTE but Sprint cannot avoid the fact that they are WAY behind deploying 4G compared to other carriers. I kind of want to see how the articles will be when sprint completes the LTE roll out. 

• Like 1

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Tests-show-AT-Ts-LTE-network-is-fastest-T-Mobiles-HSPA-faster-than-Sprints-LTE_id44209

these articles step all over sprint. Pretty inaccurate since sprint didn't fully deploy LTE but Sprint cannot avoid the fact that they are WAY behind deploying 4G compared to other carriers. I kind of want to see how the articles will be when sprint completes the LTE roll out.

I don't like reading those articles cause all of em bash Sprints Network , its like they do it on purpose "Sprint's networks the slowest" "T-Mobile's Faster than Sprints LTE network" like common give Sprint a break we just started no need to bash a uncompleted Network.

I want to deploy one tower in an especially rural part of Wyoming with like 82 sectors and 100gb backhaul and have all of the panels point almost straight down towards the ground so practically nobody can use it and then pimp my awesome, unbeatable service out to all of the third-rate internet "news" outlets.

That's essentially what Tmob is doing. Well, maybe not the last part. I am not impressed.

• Like 2

I want to deploy one tower in an especially rural part of Wyoming with like 82 sectors and 100gb backhaul and have all of the panels point almost straight down towards the ground so practically nobody can use it and then pimp my awesome, unbeatable service out to all of the third-rate internet "news" outlets.

That's essentially what Tmob is doing. Well, maybe not the last part. I am not impressed.

You might have an issue finding some antennas with that narrow of a bandwidth.  They would be huge!!  Plus you'd have to figure out how to mount them all.

Haven't tried tethering to my phone in a while. Interesting that I get twice the speed with the computer compared to the phone speed test.

2786209249.png

My phone I got 10/3.3. I'm happy with both.

wb9sva.jpg

I think this is sprint.

Not bad penetration into the building I was standing right next to is terrible though. Full signal outside, then drops down to 3G as soon as I walk in. Maybe the downtilt is not set.

I don't see anything that strikes me as Sprint. Need to check your engineering screen to know what your signal strength is outside and inside. Most likely you're picking up LTE from a couple sites away, which is why it drops quickly inside. 

I work around 34 st and madison ave-I can never connect to 4g unless I go into dial ##3282# and force LTE connection-same thing around 34 st and 3rd ave where supposedly there is a very strong LTE connection-Are any of you in this neighborhood and able to connect to 4g LTE ? Im thinking there is something wrong with my galaxy s3 unless the 4g LTE is being worked on at the moment and they have it shot off-I really dont know whats going on

I work around 34 st and madison ave-I can never connect to 4g unless I go into dial ##3282# and force LTE connection-same thing around 34 st and 3rd ave where supposedly there is a very strong LTE connection-Are any of you in this neighborhood and able to connect to 4g LTE ? Im thinking there is something wrong with my galaxy s3 unless the 4g LTE is being worked on at the moment and they have it shot off-I really dont know whats going on

A simple toggle of airplane mode should do the trick. One thing I will say is that signal strength is very weak in that area. Thats probably why your not switching to LTE automatically. If you walk east towards park you will notice it will switch LTE. There are a couple of sites in that area that have yet to go live or are still in testing so give it a bit more time to stabilize.