Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

Since the 800mhz antenna are housed with the 1900mhz how are they adjusted? Can this be done without climbing the tower (remotely) from the site or in a office somewhere?

Each frequency has its own element in the antenna and each element has independent remote downtilt control. In some cases a tower climb may be necessary for larger adjustment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is this 1x800 for the past day all I can connect to is 1x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, all 1x800 has a System ID of 5 digits starting with a 2.

• Like 1

Any ideas why I'm not seeing a 1x800 signal worse than -104 in my market? It's as if that's the cutoff level. I have usable LTE down to -115 to -120 all the time....

LTE is measured in RSRP. 1x is measured in RSSI. This is horrible oversimplification (AJ please don't kill me :P) but -120 RSRP is roughly the same as -105 RSSI.

• Like 1

Any ideas why I'm not seeing a 1x800 signal worse than -104 in my market? It's as if that's the cutoff level. I have usable LTE down to -115 to -120 all the time....

From my experience 1x will not work at -107 or less. So that is about the cut off level.

LTE is measured in RSRP. 1x is measured in RSSI. This is horrible oversimplification (AJ please don't kill me :P) but -120 RSRP is roughly the same as -105 RSSI.

He can also read this article on the portal http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-308-rssi-vs-rsrp-a-brief-lte-signal-strength-primer/

• Like 2

I'm at a huge music festival currently and I've noticed that my phone sits on the useless B25 carrier when I know B26 is available. I basically have to death grip my phone for it to switch, and then a few minutes later of a perfectly usable connection, I get shunted back to B25, even with B26 on 1st priority. Is it possible that network management isn't fully integrated here yet? And yes, I'm back in EricssonLand...

I'm at a huge music festival currently and I've noticed that my phone sits on the useless B25 carrier when I know B26 is available. I basically have to death grip my phone for it to switch, and then a few minutes later of a perfectly usable connection, I get shunted back to B25, even with B26 on 1st priority. Is it possible that network management isn't fully integrated here yet? And yes, I'm back in EricssonLand...

I think that is precisely your problem. Well, that and b26 ecsfb issues. I experienced the same thing here in Atlanta - obviously an Ericsson market - until they resolved the issues. The phone works beautifully now. Don't worry..they'll work it out fairly soon.
  • Like 1

Downloaded signalcheck and im getting 800. I jyst dont think they have been tuned yet. Im only seeing around -95 at house and work in building

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

The other day I looked at me debug screen and saw an SID 33792 I didn't know if that it's Sprint or not.

Possibly a glitch or mistake. According to the ifast.org National SID list, that is assigned to a non-transmissable BID. Not sure how up to date that site is but AJ cited it in an article before.

zyvepuba.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Your in ntelos territory there network is not the best they just signed an agreement with sprint. No timetable on there network build out or when sprint can start using their LTE. Sprint can not build towers there they have to wait on ntelos.

The other day I looked at me debug screen and saw an SID 33792 I didn't know if that it's Sprint or not.

That's either a glitch (maybe you were no longer connected to 1X and the debug screen was having a seizure) or a misconfigured site. Sprint PCS uses IDs scattered between 4103-6225 (mostly in the 4000's) and Sprint SMR is in the 22400's.

-Mike

So I went and looked at the tower in Athens, MI  and it only looks like there is only 1 RRU per antenna, unless I can't see the second one. Does this mean this site won't be getting 800MHz LTE? The tower climbers said they were installing 2.5GHz equipment, but I don't seem to see those up there either. I wasn't able to get the best pictures since I was taking photos with my phone. 

IMG 0578

IMG 0576

Edited by lilotimz

That sounds full power to me....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the tower must be a good distance away then, I usually have 1 bar of B26. I rarely get B25 at my house or work but I get B26 plenty. I've been seeing more and more lately.

So I went and looked at the tower in Athens, MI  and it only looks like there is only 1 RRU per antenna, unless I can't see the second one. Does this mean this site won't be getting 800MHz LTE? The tower climbers said they were installing 2.5GHz equipment, but I don't seem to see those up there either. I wasn't able to get the best pictures since I was taking photos with my phone. 

If you see only 1 RRU then it is a Band 25 site only.  I'm not sure where Athens is at, but you could be within the 100 mile boundry of Canada and IBEZ or on an MSC boundry.  I know of a site in Portland and Muliken that are on the Lansing/Grand Rapids MSC boundry, they are Band 25 only.  That is the only odd thing about them.

Okay I have a one max and I've had a problem lately where my phone after it drops b26 it will cling to a dead evdo connection with sometimes -118 dBm will be completely unusable for anything when there is a -90 dBm 1x 800 connection that would at least allow slow web browsing... And this only really happens when I drop off b26 that has been optimized I would guess because lte works farther out the evdo... Just an observation seeing if anyone else has this problem. One thing I must say is that b26 is awesome.

If you see only 1 RRU then it is a Band 25 site only. I'm not sure where Athens is at, but you could be within the 100 mile boundry of Canada and IBEZ or on an MSC boundry. I know of a site in Portland and Muliken that are on the Lansing/Grand Rapids MSC boundry, they are Band 25 only. That is the only odd thing about them.

I know that site doesn't fall within the IBEZ boundary. What's the MSC boundary?

I know that site doesn't fall within the IBEZ boundary. What's the MSC boundary?

MSC is the switch that the traffic routes through.  Click on a site in the sponsor maps and it will list the MSC