Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

Here (general area).  Tower is about 1/3 mile down the road from this spot. :

https://www.google.com/maps/place/W+Pershing+Rd+%26+Oak+Park+Ave/@41.8213173,-87.7924789,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x880e341e5ef622c1:0xe97d8020ed06b783

This was in the deeper parts of my house and basement that I was seeing the connection.

Same place I posted before.  & again I see it in the deeper parts of my house and basement now instead of the ehrpd. 

Even tho' I have B26 prioritized in the data menu it will still use B41 then B25 by default when it has an acceptable signal on those bands it seems.

Cheers.

Edited by johnrockets

Same place I posted before. & again I see it in the deeper parts of my house and basement now instead of the ehrpd.

Even tho' I have B26 prioritized in the data menu it will still use B41 then B25 by default when it has an acceptable signal on those bands it seems.

Cheers.

Priority for bands means nothing but for the initial scan or coming out of airplane mode. The network will determine which band you should be on.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Priority for bands means nothing but for the initial scan or coming out of airplane mode. The network will determine which band you should be on.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Figured.. Thanks.

Same place I posted before. & again I see it in the deeper parts of my house and basement now instead of the ehrpd.

Cheers.

I know exactly where your signal is coming from based on my findings. I work in your area and noticed I had a b26 signal a week ago over there, then stopped, then came back last night. Airplane toggles would give me 26 and would stay there until my data connection went idle, then back to 25.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Just thought that I would mention that 800mhz seems to be working in Tysons Corner VA.

I was headed to my car in the deep underground Level D of the garage at the office building where I work, and I heard Signal Check chime with the 800 notification sound. I was, honestly, a little surprised. I looked at my phone and saw that Signal Check was showing strong 800mhz signal.

Two observations, that 800mhz is active in the Tysons Corner area, and that the HTC One M8 is good at pulling in 800mhz.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

• Like 2

I know exactly where your signal is coming from based on my findings. I work in your area and noticed I had a b26 signal a week ago over there, then stopped, then came back last night. Airplane toggles would give me 26 and would stay there until my data connection went idle, then back to 25.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yup coincides with my experience / posts exactly.

And yes me too I've known for some time. They put it up with the new Stickney cop-shop about 12 years ago (the tower).

I still have the signal when B25 gets weak in my home today.

Cheers.

Edited by johnrockets

Looks like 1x800 is finally out of testing mode in the Raleigh/Durham area.  I'm picking it up on SID 22438 instead of the testing SID as of today.  Went back to the stock PRL and am still picking it up.  Need to check my wife's iPhone when she gets home too and see if she's getting it now.  Hopefully my Sprint Phone Connect 2 will have a better signal as well because it's been a bit spotty at times.

Maybe some acceptances will show up soon.

Spoke a little premature on the Raleigh/Durham area.  At home (a bit north of Raleigh) I'm off of the testing SID but over the weekend I was in downtown Raleigh and in Cary.  Still picking up the testing SID there so things haven't been turned on everywhere yet.  Hopefully soon.

Thanks Vince, just got the Galaxy 5 and i don't have the lock code for the debug screen, finally got it on Xda developers site i will check it out if i pass through Rt 38, Cherry Hill NJ.

Thanks

Thanks Vince, just got the Galaxy 5 and i don't have the lock code for the debug screen, finally got it on Xda developers site i will check it out if i pass through Rt 38, Cherry Hill NJ.

Thanks

No need for a lock code or dialer code. Click those three dots you see in signal check > system shortcuts > debug. That will show your engineering screen with your connected LTE band.

• Like 1

Thanks

lock code for debug screen is 777468

I'm now seeing the B26 LTE again this morning here.  I hope it sticks around this time.

I haven't seen a B26 connection since Sunday night.  My phone seems to be falling-back to ehrpd again instead.

Convinced they are doing some sort of field testing for coverage.  I could swear that I have slightly better B25 signal now and I'm seeing much faster speedtests while on B25 today.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3910+Scoville+Ave/@41.821286,-87.786365,3a,90y,195h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s3UtN1uB2M2d5MOHkzMFHmg!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x880e341d2bbe4621:0x28cac0c88d0efb9b!6m1!1e1

• Like 1

I haven't seen a B26 connection since Sunday night.  My phone seems to be falling-back to ehrpd again instead.

Convinced they are doing some sort of field testing for coverage.  I could swear that I have slightly better B25 signal now and I'm seeing much faster speedtests while on B25 today.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3910+Scoville+Ave/@41.821286,-87.786365,3a,90y,195h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s3UtN1uB2M2d5MOHkzMFHmg!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x880e341d2bbe4621:0x28cac0c88d0efb9b!6m1!1e1

The faster b25 speeds may be a result of a second b25 carrier being added in your area. The Chicago market thread has some more details.

The faster b25 speeds may be a result of a second b25 carrier being added in your area. The Chicago market thread has some more details.

I think you're correct.  Not sure exactly when it started but my GCI ends in 05 now.

Thanks for the info.

I think you're correct.  Not sure exactly when it started but my GCI ends in 05 now.

B26 seems to have gone missing throughout Chicagoland.  The 2nd B25 carrier, however, doesn't seem to be widespread yet, at least northwest of the city.  But like johnrockets, I have observed slightly faster B25 speeds although without the 2nd carrier as an explanation.

B26 seems to have gone missing throughout Chicagoland.  The 2nd B25 carrier, however, doesn't seem to be widespread yet, at least northwest of the city.  But like johnrockets, I have observed slightly faster B25 speeds although without the 2nd carrier as an explanation.

I think cdk is correct in my situation on being connected to the new B25 carrier.

I have the GCI ending in 05 and now that I have had a chance to use the phone throughout the day I can now say it's more than "slightly" better that I originally posted.

I am now seeing signal in the mid -90 db's even low -90 in parts of my house where I have never seen this before.  At least with the phone not in hand.  At the tower facing windows I now see steady low -90's on table and mid -90's in hand.  Albeit in hand intermittently and in the deeper parts of my mouse I still see it dip into the -106 range and -110 to -120 in my basement.  It will actually hold the B25 signal now tho'.  I may have not seen an ehrpd connection all day.  On average I'd say it seems like a +5db gain.

Also, speedtests are night and day difference.  I saw 24Mbps in and 9Mbps out on one test and am coming close to that on subsequent tests.  I am getting on average 400% increase on speedtests in general.

But to keep on B26, yeah I've seen it on two occasions for two-day periods now here last seen Sunday night.  That's it.

Edited by johnrockets

I think you're correct. Not sure exactly when it started but my GCI ends in 05 now.

Thanks for the info.

Where in the Chicago market are you receiving this new carrier. I found a bunch last night, and I'm trying to get a geographical idea of where it is. You can post additional information in the Chicago market thread.

Where in the Chicago market are you receiving this new carrier. I found a bunch last night, and I'm trying to get a geographical idea of where it is. You can post additional information in the Chicago market thread.

The same place I've been posting about for days Vince.  You've asked three times now.  :D  Closest intersection is Oak Park Ave. and Pershing Rd.

I believe this is the tower that I'm connecting to (Cant get anymore specific than this) : https://www.google.com/maps/place/3910+Scoville+Ave/@41.821286,-87.786365,3a,90y,195h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s3UtN1uB2M2d5MOHkzMFHmg!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x880e341d2bbe4621:0x28cac0c88d0efb9b!6m1!1e1

What you think the signal is like on that block ? Could get 60Mbps buried 50 feet underground.  :lol:

• Like 1

The same place I've been posting about for days Vince. You've asked three times now. :D Closest intersection is Oak Park Ave. and Pershing Rd.

I believe this is the tower that I'm connecting to (Cant get anymore specific than this) : https://www.google.com/maps/place/3910+Scoville+Ave/@41.821286,-87.786365,3a,90y,195h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s3UtN1uB2M2d5MOHkzMFHmg!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x880e341d2bbe4621:0x28cac0c88d0efb9b!6m1!1e1

What you think the signal is like on that block ? Could get 60Mbps buried 50 feet underground. :lol:

My bad. It's hard to remember locations. Keep an eye on those GCIs. Post your findings in the Chicago thread so we can track it.

Why if csfb is enabled would I drop to 3G when I go from a band 26 site to a band 41 connection? Do the sites have to match when handing off? Again csfb is enabled cause I can connect to these sites and make calls but the are bad channel handoffs on some sites.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

• Like 1