Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

Picked up Band 26 LTE at several places in northern Virginia. In fact, the phone moved between the three bands seamlessly, although I did have to toggle Airplane mode everytime it got stuck on 3G, which was frequent enough to be annoying. It's going to be great once 3G issues are resolved.

Also picked up Band 26 in Jersey City, NJ.

• Like 1

Picked up Band 26 LTE at several places in northern Virginia. In fact, the phone moved between the three bands seamlessly, although I did have to toggle Airplane mode everytime it got stuck on 3G, which was frequent enough to be annoying. It's going to be great once 3G issues are resolved.

Also picked up Band 26 in Jersey City, NJ.

Awesome! what part of Jersey City?

Now I think talking about premier maps can be a issue but just discussing "hey I got b26 here" shouldn't be much of a issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Exactly my thoughts..

• Like 5

Pretty sure all band 26 info is required to be in Premier area only if you area a sponsor..

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5821-clarification-for-premier-sponsors-about-posting-band-4126-information-in-non-sponsor-areas/?p=308542

As long as you're not dropping addresses and pins you're fine. It's the same as posting LTE 1900 information in Non-Sponsor areas. Discussion of existence is allowed.

• Like 2

As long as you're not dropping addresses and pins you're fine. It's the same as posting LTE 1900 information in Non-Sponsor areas. Discussion of existence is allowed.

So to clarify, we are allowed to say areas where we have found B26, just not exactly where we found it?  The post in the Premiere Section about this seemed pretty clear that it was ALL info on B26 and B41 could not be discussed outside of the Premiere Section so I want to be sure I am compiling as necessary.

So to clarify, we are allowed to say areas where we have found B26, just not exactly where we found it? The post in the Premiere Section about this seemed pretty clear that it was ALL info on B26 and B41 could not be discussed outside of the Premiere Section so I want to be sure I am compiling as necessary.

The intention of the rule is to be on the safe side, so we prefer the chatter on the Premier side, but saying I picked up B41 when the wife and I were at the grocery store on the Southeast side of town is allowed.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

The intention of the rule is to be on the safe side, so we prefer the chatter on the Premier side, but saying I picked up B41 when the wife and I were at the grocery store on the Southeast side of town is allowed.

Then change the title of the thread or maybe let Robert respond instead. No offense.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Then change the title of the thread or maybe let Robert instead if you respond. No offense.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what changing the title accomplishes.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what changing the title accomplishes.

I know your a moderator but let Robert respond insead. The title is everything 800 including LTE. You started by telling people to go to premier.

I know your a moderator but let Robert respond insead. The title is everything 800 including LTE. You started by telling people to go to premier.

That is not likely to happen.  Robert is still busy.  Regardless, his answer is likely to be no different.  Respect all moderator directions.

AJ

• Like 1

That is not likely to happen. Robert is still busy. Regardless, his answer is likely to be no different. Respect all moderator directions.

AJ

All I really want to know from this thread is why I have trouble going from a band 26 site to a band 41 when both bands have csfb but I still drop to 3G. I can be on band 26 and receive calls et the same with the band 41 I connect to but it seems when driving going from 26 to 41 it drops to 3G in some places even though csfb is enabled.

You started by telling people to go to premier.

You may want to re-analyze what I said. Never directed anyone to go to Premier.

Okay gotcha.  I hadn't posted that I found B26 in the Orlando thread yesterday because as I understood it post like that wouldn't be allowed.  Thanks for clarifying for us.

• Like 1

It's pretty easy to track down a site broadcasting LTE, especially rural ones. To say a non sponsor can't say he has a -60 signal at the corner of such and such with a site that has 12 Ericsson RRUs hanging overhead would be a shame...

• Like 2

It's pretty easy to track down a site broadcasting LTE, especially rural ones. To say a non sponsor can't say he has a -60 signal at the corner of such and such with a site that has 12 Ericsson RRUs hanging overhead would be a shame...

Agreed. It's directed to Premier Sponsors only as they're the ones that have access to the information to direct them specifically to a sites location. There is always going to be a gray area of understanding, so that's why it's mentioned as intended to be the rule.

What COZisback has said is the rule that the moderators enforce. Doesn't seem harsh to me. It was determined with input from our Sponsors when enacted a few months ago.

Everyone is free to discuss what they observe out in the field though outside the Premier section. We are fine with that. But if you are discussing scouting sites based on info from the Sponsor sections, then your reporting about what you find should be in the appropriate Sponsor section.

If you just happen across something and want to talk about it. Go ahead.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 6

Exactly like Robert said if you personally picked it up and it's broadcasting that anyone could pick up then it's public information at that time. You wouldn't post the Site ID itself because that's not broadcast but the GCI or PCI you see on your phone is fair game at that point. Now if the sponsor or premier sponsor section says site xyz at Main and 1st is accepted and you go there and get nothing then you would keep that discussion within the appropriate sponsor thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi everybody I posted here a while ago about having a seemingly weak band 26 signal compared to a band 25 signal. It turned out to be coming from a different site. I don't want to be the guy that rains on the B26 parade but I'm back, except this time the signals are coming from the same tower. Is this signal difference of around 4dbm normal? I've noticed the same situation on my galaxy s5. Maybe they're still testing it? But this worries me if this is what the norm will be for band 26. ruqygudu.jpg 3ameby6y.jpg

Hi everybody I posted here a while ago about having a seemingly weak band 26 signal compared to a band 25 signal. It turned out to be coming from a different site. I don't want to be the guy that rains on the B26 parade but I'm back, except this time the signals are coming from the same tower. Is this signal difference of around 4dbm normal? I've noticed the same situation on my galaxy s5. Maybe they're still testing it? But this worries me if this is what the norm will be for band 26. ruqygudu.jpg 3ameby6y.jpg

I'm running into the same thing here in Tampa. Maybe they have to adjust the tilt on band 26 because allot of the sites here have the same or even slightly worst dbm.

I'm running into the same thing here in Tampa. Maybe they have to adjust the tilt on band 26 because allot of the sites here have the same or even slightly worst dbm.

Most everything I know comes from this site but my understanding is that B26 and B25 are broadcast from the same antennas. The only band that doesn't come through the NV antennas is B41, which needs separate antennas.

So, if the B25 downtilt has already been adjusted, I don't think a 2nd adjustment would be needed.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

This makes sense. With band 25 here it was quite weak until it got much better overnight (I'm assuming they adjusted tilt). I'm hoping its the same for band 26.